Modern Warfare 3 Map Packs - $7.49 Each

[quote name='JEFFaJAX23']Thought they couldn't screw the people that bought COD Elite anymore...well...they just did.[/QUOTE]

Well...if it makes you feel better in the end you save around $15 and you get the maps earlier than us. Which of course is what you guys are paying for I'm sure.

[quote name='JEFFaJAX23']Thought they couldn't screw the people that bought COD Elite anymore...well...they just did.[/QUOTE]
Ummm, with elite I have had every map pack day one. In no way do I feel screwed by this. If I wanted them at a discount, I would have waiting the 7 months for this sale.

Not really. We got the maps first and there are other benefits of being a premium elite member. The amount of whinning about cod is unbelievable.

[quote name='kulsechsky']Not really. We got the maps first and there are other benefits of being a premium elite member. The amount of whinning about cod is unbelievable.[/QUOTE]
Its the cool thing to do these days.:cool:

Eh just my opinion but it was so hard to find a game with a good connection when you first get the maps through elite. Very poorly thought out structure. Wasn't really worth it to get them early when you have to deal with two waves of people sitting in corners while they "learn the maps". Especially if you could get these 2 for 15 total then the others for 30. You're looking at 45 which takes away the discount for buying elite. Clan operations came out terribly after months, watching a killcam 75% of the time isn't what happened on your screen (by a good half second to full second) and no its not just my connection as every other COD ran perfectly.

oh wow
that sucks.
i just got both map packs last week for $30 with langers money.
oh wellz, wish i could have saved $15
i gotta go tell all my friends that dont have the dlc tho
great deal for just weeks after 2nd pack dropped on ps3.
my grrl says, well can you sell it back. im like no its psn, it finalized. lol

Would it be possible to use the 10% coupon from the unlocked welcome packet on this deal in store?
I've never bought DLC from BB before, is there a card I get? How do you purchase it instore?

[quote name='JEFFaJAX23']Eh just my opinion but it was so hard to find a game with a good connection when you first get the maps through elite. Very poorly thought out structure. Wasn't really worth it to get them early when you have to deal with two waves of people sitting in corners while they "learn the maps". Especially if you could get these 2 for 15 total then the others for 30. You're looking at 45 which takes away the discount for buying elite. Clan operations came out terribly after months, watching a killcam 75% of the time isn't what happened on your screen (by a good half second to full second) and no its not just my connection as every other COD ran perfectly.[/QUOTE]

It takes away the discount but we got it first. Yes, there were/are bugs but thats the nature of the beast. If you get something first it usually costs more. The fact that people who didn't get elite can now get the maps for a discount too doesn't make me feel screwed; I'm happy for them. It also good for us because there will be more games to connect to and hopefully everyone in the lobby will have a good ping time.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ummm, with elite I have had every map pack day one. In no way do I feel screwed by this. If I wanted them at a discount, I would have waiting the 7 months for this sale.[/QUOTE]

Yup and since I bought a Hardened Edition and activated my Elite right away, I was able to sell my founder status for an easy 20 bucks (didn't wanna deal with ebay). So out of pocket it was 80 bucks in Amazon credit.

Quick Question to everyone? Can I buy these without being a elite member or do I still have to be a elite member in order to play these map packs because this stupid call of duty elite crap confuses me? :???:

[quote name='jl_rival']Quick Question to everyone? Can I buy these without being a elite member or do I still have to be a elite member in order to play these map packs because this stupid call of duty elite crap confuses me? :???:[/QUOTE]

Yes you don't need to be an elite member.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Yes you don't need to be an elite member.[/QUOTE]
Ok good because I couldn't get a legit answer! Might get it for my playstation 3 since I upgraded to a 750gb hd! :D

Having bought a hardened edition, and seeing how Elite never really worked, (are clan challenges ready yet??) It was nice to see new Special Ops maps were included with the map packs. I have 40 or so levels of prestige throughout COD games, but the multi in MW3 really didnt satisfy me, it was a step back from blops.

I think if I had paid for Elite, I would be a bit salty with them throwing the map packs on sale this early. But I got Elite with the Hardenend Edition for less than the price of the base game on launch at Kmart, so I can't complain. More people will be playing the new maps now and that is good.

thx op i am a mw3 addict lately and its basically been the only thing i play on xbl and psn (yes i have it on both...) i neededt he map packs and this is the bst price plus i have best buy credit so thats win win...

I bought my map packs from gamestop with my power up card because "Best Buy" cancelled mine, only had to pay 30 cents more on gamestop but worth it because I get points added to my power up card!

[quote name='Byakurai']I wonder if this has anything to do with the sudden map sales.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/07/02/vivendi-looks-to-offload-activision-blizzard-death-of-gaming-industry-greatly-exaggerated/[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt it. A map pack sale is not in the right scale for it to be a response to that article. As for the gaming industry, if the risk too high (high developmental costs) then why produce more games that are simpler and cost less. Not every game has to be the next greatest and cost $60. How about some $20 to $30 games that takes 4-5 hours to beat on the shelves.

Is the MW3 collection #1 the only dlc out of the two where the dlc maps can be used for surivial mode? That and the occasional multiplayer are all I play on MW3.

both collections can be used on survival.
collection 2 actually has more maps, 3 regular mp/survival, 2 faceoff maps (lil smaller, but also survival able) and 2 more spec ops. yep.
collection 1 just had 4 maps all mp/survival and 2 spec ops.
also 2 face off maps are free and terminal remix should be free also soon

[quote name='Velo214']both collections can be used on survival.
collection 2 actually has more maps, 3 regular mp/survival, 2 faceoff maps (lil smaller, but also survival able) and 2 more spec ops. yep.
collection 1 just had 4 maps all mp/survival and 2 spec ops.
also 2 face off maps are free and terminal remix should be free also soon[/QUOTE]

thank you man. How's lollipop so far?

A question: Do you need Elite (not necc. Premium) to play the DLC Maps? I ask this because I spent an hour looking for some match, any match, with players with the new maps. No suck luck.

no you don't need elite at all to play dlc, elite just gets them as they are released, while non elite members have to wait for the grouped collection to get dropped.

they have a seperate play list with the 2nd dlc collection if that's what you are looking for, but for the 1st collection they are just mixed in with regular playlist. and actually it will try to look for dlc maps first, and even ask if you want to search standard maps if it is taking too long to find a full dlc lobby. but really this sale will get more dlc out there so more likely to find full dlc lobbys.

---
ehhh lollipop is ok. my daughters and wife enjoy it (altho i try to cover their ears like when the first boss is calling you a vanilla slut and yells 'welcome to skullfuck central' lol. ) but it is totally a suda51 game so im probly just gonna beat it on easy and flip back if the 16bestbuy tiv holds. i got it with dragons dogma and binary domain for 33/each at gamestop so if i can get a free rental then i will pick it up again super cheap some day. my wife/kids are like no keep it, and im like are you gonna play and they say no we just like watching and im like well then you can watch me beat it once and then far far in the future. lol

i actually get a weird godhand vibe from this game, i know clover and suda and grasshopper i think share some dna but they have the roulette special attack like godhand had, and some similarly cute/freakie character design. it's also funny how suda51 likes those talking head sidekicks, first johnson and now nick.

oh and this sounds bad, but iv got to totally upload some pix either here or on facebook of my daughter dressing up as juliet. oh my.
first she puts on a lil halter and skirt and rainbow thigh high socks and pulls her hair back in the pigtails, and then i changed her outfit (in game) to the american sexy outfit, and then my daughter says i have to go change, and then comes back with shortshorts and a tanktop rolled up. omg im gonna have a heartattack and a shotgun ready when they are finally teens...

I am glad they are on sale so early. But why did it take until not to get the 4 black op DLCS at half price. Time for zombies!

[quote name='Velo214']no you don't need elite at all to play dlc, elite just gets them as they are released, while non elite members have to wait for the grouped collection to get dropped.

they have a seperate play list with the 2nd dlc collection if that's what you are looking for, but for the 1st collection they are just mixed in with regular playlist. and actually it will try to look for dlc maps first, and even ask if you want to search standard maps if it is taking too long to find a full dlc lobby. but really this sale will get more dlc out there so more likely to find full dlc lobbys.

---
ehhh lollipop is ok. my daughters and wife enjoy it (altho i try to cover their ears like when the first boss is calling you a vanilla slut and yells 'welcome to skullfuck central' lol. ) but it is totally a suda51 game so im probly just gonna beat it on easy and flip back if the 16bestbuy tiv holds. i got it with dragons dogma and binary domain for 33/each at gamestop so if i can get a free rental then i will pick it up again super cheap some day. my wife/kids are like no keep it, and im like are you gonna play and they say no we just like watching and im like well then you can watch me beat it once and then far far in the future. lol

i actually get a weird godhand vibe from this game, i know clover and suda and grasshopper i think share some dna but they have the roulette special attack like godhand had, and some similarly cute/freakie character design. it's also funny how suda51 likes those talking head sidekicks, first johnson and now nick.[/QUOTE]

good to hear on both things. When the title is $30 new or preowned Ill jump on it, even its short

yeah, and gamestop has it for $40 new tomorrow or the next day (sorry i would check it up on the gamestock thread, but im so lazy... freaking 91degrees at my work now, argh)
so you know it won't hold up too high for too long...also the combat... is a bit mashy... and i usually like mashy but this just seems a bit unrefined... but whatever, its still good, just not as 'godhand' brawler depth i expected. seems im jumpkicking and slicing alot tho.

and yeah the levels are looong tho. i just beat act 2, the first boss, and it took quite a while.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah, and gamestop has it for $40 new tomorrow or the next day (sorry i would check it up on the gamestock thread, but im so lazy... freaking 91degrees at my work now, argh)
so you know it won't hold up too high for too long...also the combat... is a bit mashy... and i usually like mashy but this just seems a bit unrefined... but whatever, its still good, just not as 'godhand' brawler depth i expected. seems im jumpkicking and slicing alot tho.

and yeah the levels are looong tho. i just beat act 2, the first boss, and it took quite a while.[/QUOTE]

sounds great. Thanks for metioning that GS thing. I have some credit there so Ill get it for even cheaper. :D

[quote name='Velo214']yeah, and gamestop has it for $40 new tomorrow or the next day (sorry i would check it up on the gamestock thread, but im so lazy... freaking 91degrees at my work now, argh)

and yeah the levels are looong tho. i just beat act 2, the first boss, and it took quite a while.[/QUOTE]

off topic, but velo how do you have all these time to play these games, and flip them back with a job, lol

yeah i work 40+ hours, but it's 3-11, so i spend my afternoon working / finding deals. i get home at like midnite and take care of my baby and then try to play games for 2-3 hours ;). iv been really trying to kick down my mw3 habit and get more games done. i was spending all my gaming hours just doing mw3 and not taking care of my backlog, but iv tried to chill out a bit on that. but yeah i try to game during midnite hours cuz its a bit harder during the day, especially in the summer with kids off school. but yeah, it seems a bit hectic sometimes. iv got ghost recon, lollipop chainsaw, brave and a few other games i need to play/beat/plat asap before the bb tiv goes down. and then im an idiot and also have a gamefly sub but iv had a game from them for 3-4 weeks and iv only played a few hours of it (stupid, i know, cabela's big game hunter 2012... ugh) and i have a copy and rental of re orc that i need to get my ethernet cord hooked up so my wife and i can play/boost that. our dog ate through the ethernet cord for like the 4th time. omg. lol.

playing/platting/flipping games is a full time job in itself!

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i work 40+ hours, but it's 3-11, so i spend my afternoon working / finding deals. i get home at like midnite and take care of my baby and then try to play games for 2-3 hours ;). iv been really trying to kick down my mw3 habit and get more games done. i was spending all my gaming hours just doing mw3 and not taking care of my backlog, but iv tried to chill out a bit on that. but yeah i try to game during midnite hours cuz its a bit harder during the day, especially in the summer with kids off school. but yeah, it seems a bit hectic sometimes. iv got ghost recon, lollipop chainsaw, brave and a few other games i need to play/beat/plat asap before the bb tiv goes down. and then im an idiot and also have a gamefly sub but iv had a game from them for 3-4 weeks and iv only played a few hours of it (stupid, i know, cabela's big game hunter 2012... ugh) and i have a copy and rental of re orc that i need to get my ethernet cord hooked up so my wife and i can play/boost that.
omg. lol.

playing/platting/flipping games is a full time job in itself![/QUOTE]

lol, i know the feeling, i have be gaming alot of battlefield 3 mutliplayer online lately, especially since monday, because they are giving double experience points. it helps to level my rank

or you can get black ops for 24.99 with the first strike dlc at bestbuy with preorder of blops 2. that's what i did today and sold it to my bud for $30. he was gonna pick it up at walmart for $50 and im like are you insane!? lol

[quote name='Velo214']or you can get black ops for 24.99 with the first strike dlc at bestbuy with preorder of blops 2. that's what i did today and sold it to my bud for $30. he was gonna pick it up at walmart for $50 and im like are you insane!? lol[/QUOTE]

Ha flipping to friends. This, THis Ladies and Gentleman is a true HARDCORE flipper. :applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Ha flipping to friends. This, THis Ladies and Gentleman is a true HARDCORE flipper. :applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]
To be fair, $30 is like break even and well beyond reasonable to charge a friend, considering sales tax, gas, and time.

[quote name='kulsechsky']The amount of whinning about cod is unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

The amount of whinning about GameStop is unbelievable.

FIXED

[quote name='Outrun9']/are these map packs also on sale at Gamestop in-store?[/QUOTE]

Yes, although I didn't get any points for buying them.

bread's done
Back