Modern Warfare 3 XBOX 360 CONTROLLER - 41.62 (7.46 with Overstock Credit Card!)

GeorgeCostanza

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Overstock.com has the Modern Warfare 3 Controller with transforming D-pad for 41.62 free shipping!

BUT! if you apply for their Overstock card you get 30.00 off plus for some reason it game me an additional 4.16 off making the total 7.46. Some people get scared with new credit cards, I embrace them, infact i have had overstock cards in the past too and was still approved. Applied and approved in about 30 seconds.

I dont want to sound like a jackass, but I have had probably 100 credit cards over the years with probably like 30 active now. I dont use them but one major (amazon visa) and department ones like target, lowes, kohls who offer additional discounts. My credit score was 800 last i checked. Dont be affraid of credit cards, just be responisble. I will more than likely never use this overstock card again.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Some people like to keep their credit history clean...[/QUOTE]

The issue is not the number of accounts you have open but how much credit you use. Do not use more than 7% of your total credit and you will be fine. If you max out your CC, even if you only have 1, you will a score that is worse than if you had 50 cards. People who have 800 or more of a score usually have 7% or less used of their total credit. On a $10,000 limit card, if that is your only card, that means using no more than $700.

I have done this from time to time, I simply shred the cards after paying them off.

Can you get bthe credit card buy it make a payment and cancel the card afterward? I don't like credit cards :/

Well apparently a credit lesson is in order:

1. Every credit card request is a ding against your credit.
2. Equifax does consider a large number of open accounts a negative.
3. Opening new accounts lowers the average age of your credit lines, which also dings your credit.
4. While opening a new account does increase your total available credit, thus lowering your total credit utilization if you have other balances, it usually isn't enough to offset the above factors.
5. The more credit inquires you make in a short time frame, the less likely you are to be able to get a decent rate for a mortgage or a car or any other large purchase in the next year.

It's not worth 30 dollars unless you don't plan on utilizing your credit to buy anything else large in the next year or two.

Since credit score lessons are going on... How do I check my credit score? I only have three credit cards open. If my score is it which I'm sure it is lol how do I fix it?

Well regardless of the credit card, 41.xx for the controller is a pretty good price if you missed the ebay ones.

I didnt want this to be a credit card debate forum, but again, yes i have good credit and yes I sign up for cards all the time but my credit score is still good. I have always heard that opening cards and having to much revolving credit is bad, but that has never been the case for me. Its simple to me. If you are resposible with your credit and pay them off month to month, or in a 0% offer within the time limits you wont encounter problems with negative ratings or anything else. Also NO credit is worse than bad credit.

[quote name='reininop']Well apparently a credit lesson is in order:

1. Every credit card request is a ding against your credit.
2. Equifax does consider a large number of open accounts a negative.
3. Opening new accounts lowers the average age of your credit lines, which also dings your credit.
4. While opening a new account does increase your total available credit, thus lowering your total credit utilization if you have other balances, it usually isn't enough to offset the above factors.
5. The more credit inquires you make in a short time frame, the less likely you are to be able to get a decent rate for a mortgage or a car or any other large purchase in the next year.

It's not worth 30 dollars unless you don't plan on utilizing your credit to buy anything else large in the next year or two.[/QUOTE]

Some of this is simply not true. Almost all credit cards pull your score using a soft inquiry. It's no different than if you went to a website and pulled your credit report. None of the credit bureaus can see this. It would have to be a pretty serious review for a credit card issuer to make an inquiry that showed up on your credit report. The credit bureaus put weight in anything you do but the guy that said having 50 cards with no balance rather than 1 that's maxed out, is absolutely correct.

Opening a new credit card is not going to make a difference on your score worth noticing, and within a couple of months, your score may actually be higher if you used the card and paid it off.

Paying late enough that the credit bureau hears about it, or maxing out the card affects it more. You are acting like someone gets this card and in 6 months they can't get a house, that's not how credit works.

[quote name='bdb2m']Some of this is simply not true. Almost all credit cards pull your score using a soft inquiry. It's no different than if you went to a website and pulled your credit report. None of the credit bureaus can see this. It would have to be a pretty serious review for a credit card issuer to make an inquiry that showed up on your credit report. The credit bureaus put weight in anything you do but the guy that said having 50 cards with no balance rather than 1 that's maxed out, is absolutely correct.

Opening a new credit card is not going to make a difference on your score worth noticing, and within a couple of months, your score may actually be higher if you used the card and paid it off.

Paying late enough that the credit bureau hears about it, or maxing out the card affects it more. You are acting like someone gets this card and in 6 months they can't get a house, that's not how credit works.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. People see get 200 cash back from first purchase or whatever the deal is and they scream in terror. I embrace these deals and sign up for them all the time. I'm just responsible.

[quote name='luischav3z']So is it bad to have just one card and use like 50% of it every month even if I pay my balance 1st day?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure thats "bad", but if it was me I wouldn't be affraid to open several accounts. Easy cards to get are things like a target card that give you 5% off all your purchases. Not all at once, but you must have credit to establish yourself, especially when you go to buy the big things you need that you must finance, like a new car or a house. When they advertise 0.0% for a new car do you think a bank will want to lend you money if your only history you have is a 1,000 credit limit card. They want to see you have credit, using it, and being responsible. People need not be affraid of credit.

bread's done
Back