Mods, please lock (SF2 tourney)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Okay, after a bumpy Round 1 we're finally ready for Round 2! Let's try and have 0 quitters from here on out!

Don't forget that this round is best 4 out of 7 games. Also, simply look below at the list from Round 1 to find your opponents XBL Gamertag.

Here are the match-ups for this round of the tournament (generated using random.org)

ashram
vs.
Bluenatas09

CappyCobra
vs.
CheapyD

rxdoga
vs.
H-Town Info

Datfoonem
vs.
TheRock88

rsigley
vs.
jimfoley16

Arikado
vs.
rajchak

buttasuperb
vs.
seebelow

Danny-O
vs.
B:L

xmrblondex
vs.
seanr1221

Tojo
vs.
flybrione

RobotSimp
vs.
ryanbph

RelentlessRolento
vs.
rabbitt

Shipwreck
vs.
Markman

LobsterJohnson
vs.
Slade555

Also I wanted to extend the invitation to anyone to send me a friend request for some casual practice. Good luck to everyone! As always, post up the results here.

[quote name='Round 1']Hey guys, seems like the guy who was gonna host a tournament before isn't interested anymore

A few of the guys from the fighter thread, including myself, are going to be hosting a Street Fighter II tournament via Xbox Live soon. It will played on the 360 version of Hyper Fighting. Please post up if you would like to participate. Entry will be free and there will be a prize pack consisting of posters, action figures, shirts etc... to be shipped to the winner.
Plus, CheapyD himself is gonna be participating!

Brackets are posted! You will have until 12:01 AM on Wednesday, August 23rd to complete your match. It is you and your opponents responsibility to meet up via Xbox Live and conduct your match, and then PM me or post in the thread the results. If you have any questions feel free to post here

{CAG name first, XBL gamertag after the dash. If your opponent has a ?, that means he didn't provide his GT, so PM him and talk to him that way. If you're unable to get ahold of them, let me know.}

Here's a link to create a new PM, so that you can put in your opponents CAG name and get ahold of them: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm

1) jimfoley16 - ISmashHotChicks
2) CheapyD - CheapyD
3) thamaster24 - MemphisGunna
4) Arikado - Arikado
5) rxdoga - rxdoga
6) Tojo - Tojokun1
7) ryanbph - Furio311
8) bruceleeah - BruceLeeAH
9) y2jedi - y2jedi
10) rsigley - rob sigley
11) MarkMan - SD TEKKEN 619
12) Bazz - BaZ2
13) Apossum - mamesj
14) anomynous - anomynous
15) darkrage - DrStarkweater
16) Tha Xecutioner - xThaXecutionerx
17) Chacrana - Chacranajxy
18) H-town info - aznplaya4lif3
19) CappyCobra - Cappy Cobra
20) toper - Toper331
21) buttasuperb - buttasuperb
22) LobsterJohnson - L337 SN4X
23) ashram - Godashram
24) Jimmiemac - JimmieMac
25) RelentlessRolento - RelntlssRolento
26) mik - mik
27) 2Fast - BatmanR
28) cautioustoast - habituallyhigh
29) rabbitt - rabbittreloaded
30) B:L - ?
31) kelso - kelso8142
32) Daywalker - Deadmeist3r
33) dastly75 - Dastly
34) Jek Porkins - RedSix66
35) Shipwreck - Cobra Commander
36) rajchakrabarti - the specia1ist
37) Mookyjooky - ?
38) apokalipze2 - APOKALIPZE
39) dwhelan - Tiny415
40) flybrione - BigMes
41) Renegade_Zero - Renegade Zer0
42) Slade555 - ?
43) danny - o - Panzer Four
44) Suffah - ?
45) Monsta Mack - Jagr69
46) thabizzle - DatFooNem
47) WildWop - MHzDX
48) Brak - Brax0r
49) TheRock88 - X TheRock88 X
50) jimbo12457 - Mr Chempa
51) -Never4ever- - Never4ever
52) Roufuss - Master Roufuss
53) manofpeace20 - Storybush
54) mr ryles - WinnemuccaRyles
55) Inufaye - Inufaye
56) seebelow - seebelow
57) lordopus99 - Lifes Avenger
58) Mantiskilla007 - MantisKilla
59) bluenatas09 - bluenatas09
60) seanr1221 - SeanR1221
61) centracore - centracore
62) xmrblondex - XMister BlondeX
63) Phazing Zero - ?
64) RobotSimp - NecroNomicoN1

RULES & IMPORTANT INFO
1 - There will be NO character bans so learn how to break that Honda handslap and the Bison Psycho Crusher!
2 - Lag and drop-outs will be handled on a case by case basis. If there is some slight lag, the players must play through it. If the lag is agreed upon by both players to be unplayable, quit and reconnect at a time when the XBL servers will be less busy. If you are unable to establish a good enough connection (for example, one of you lives in Alaska and the other in Florida) then a different match-up will be found for you.
3 - Best 3 out of 5 games for the first round, 4 out of 7 for rounds following the first. Not all matches will be able to be watched/moderated by the hosts, particularly during the 1st round, so I will rely on people PM'ing or posting in the thread the results of their first round match-up.
4 - Recording/vid-capping your matches is highly encouraged. The more footage the better!
5 - The prize pack is looking like it's going to consist of 1600 marketplace points provided by Cheapy, a silk screen-printed T-shirt "Official CAG Street Fighter II Champion" (or something to that effect), a poster featuring Udon Studios SF artwork, and an action figure from the current line of Street Fighter figures released by SOTA. It will also include other prizes. Full details and pictures will be posted later.

Please note that on the off-chance that myself, LobsterJohnson or RelentlessRolento (the hosts) manage to win the tournament that prize will go to the 2nd place player.

{THE MATCH-UPS!}
What you want to do is find your number above, and then find it below, find your match-up's number, and then look above to find their XBL gamertag and their CAG name, so that you can easily contact them

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

RESULTS SO FAR!

(43) Danny - O
def.
(13) Apossum

(10) rsigley
def.
(47) wildwop

(42) Slade555
def.
(12) Bazz

(22) LobsterJohnson
def.
(54) mr ryles

Shipwreck
def.
2Fast

CheapyD
def.
Kelso

xmrblondex
def.
darkrage

Bluenatas09
def.
Renegade_Zero

H-Town info
def.
inufaye

RobotSimp
def.
Tha Xecutioner

seebelow
def.
lordopus

CappyCobra
def.
suffah

jimfoley16
def.
-Never4Ever-

RelentlessRolento
def.
dwhelan

seanr1221
def.
CautiousToast

Markman
def.
thamaster24

TheRock88
def.
JimmieMac

Arikado
def.
Roufuss

Tojo
def.
Phazing Zero

buttasuperb
def.
apokalipze2

ashram
def.
manofpeace20

rajchak
def.
Toper

Datfoonem
def.
Monsta Mack

ryanbph
def.
Chacrana

flybrione
def.
Dasty

rxdoga
def.
y2jedi
[/quote]

1 request-- don't put me against Chacrana in the first round. I want it to be me and him in the finals....where I'll short kick him to death! :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']1 request-- don't put me against Chacrana in the first round. I want it to be me and him in the finals....where I'll short kick him to death! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ha. Get lose.

Wait, I have to ask: How are matches being set up? Like, are we doing a best out of 5 matches game to determine who moves on or are we going to only play 1 match to decide who goes on?

Personally, I think the former is the better option.

I guess you could sign me up as well. Though how would we do this? Schedule a quarter match or something? I don't get home until after 7EST so something would have to be worked out I would imagine.

[quote name='Chacrana']Ha. Get lose.[/QUOTE]

lag switch + tap tap tap + dizzy + throw + stolen bike FTW.

[quote name='Apossum']lag switch + tap tap tap + dizzy + throw + stolen bike FTW.[/QUOTE]

It's too bad that I throw you every time. It's ridiculous. And you should be ashamed. I would've destroyed you yesterday, but I was eating and that made it difficult to care about fighting someone who can be described as 'the lame.'

I believe the "Official" rules and date have yet to be determined, this is just a HYPE thread. Therefore, I shall declare...No one will beat me Chief vs Chief.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wait, I have to ask: How are matches being set up? Like, are we doing a best out of 5 matches game to determine who moves on or are we going to only play 1 match to decide who goes on?

Personally, I think the former is the better option.[/QUOTE]

Best 3 out of 5 matches (matches, not rounds). There are to many people to set-up a loser's bracket. First round matches are going to be random but if you somehow end up against Apossum I'll switch you out.

[quote name='CappyCobra']I guess you could sign me up as well. Though how would we do this? Schedule a quarter match or something? I don't get home until after 7EST so something would have to be worked out I would imagine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we could definately work something out. Everyone has their own lives so it's going to have to be scheduled around it. What we're going to do is set-up a private quarter match and then me or one of 3 other guys will monitor the match just to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Wiil update the OP later tonight w/ players that are in so far. Start issuing challenges! Rivalries are fun.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Best 3 out of 5 matches (matches, not rounds). There are to many people to set-up a loser's bracket. First round matches are going to be random but if you somehow end up against Apossum I'll switch you out.

[/QUOTE]

nah, you can keep it if that happens. that way, I'm sure to advance :p

[quote name='Apossum']nah, you can keep it if that happens. that way, I'm sure to advance :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so don't listen to Apossum's dumb ass. I wanna fight someone else first round.

I fight Apossum enough to know that it's not fun any more... just painful.

:lol:

alright alright.

so what about rules? I don't think any moves or tactics should be excluded. on the technical side, what about drops and stuff? sometimes the game drops you out of nowhere.

[quote name='Apossum']:lol:

alright alright.

so what about rules? I don't think any moves or tactics should be excluded. on the technical side, what about drops and stuff? sometimes the game drops you out of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts on it:

1) Anything goes. Yes, SFII is filled with exploits. That's just part of the game. Play by the rules of the game, not by your own rules.

2) If the game drops you, restart that match. This is part of the reason why requiring that one person wins 3 out of 5 matches is helpful -- if you base it on 5 matches total and the game drops someone near the end, it sucks, but it won't throw things off too badly

:lol: let's hope this dosn't turn into a e.honda tourney :)

don't know if it was already posted in the OP, but ATM prizes are being figured out as well as pretty uch every other little detail...

hopefully some matches will be able to get recorded, so if anyone has a setup where you can record your matches and put them up on yourube or a similar service, that would be great.

also, whoever unlocks Dee Jay during the tourney automaticly wins.

hope my hori turbo ex pad gets in before the first match.

still not 100% on those dragon punches on the crappy 360 dpad >_

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back