Mods please lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dafoomie']Its funny, Jose Canseco has been the most honest man in this whole ordeal.[/quote]

You ain't lyin'.

I have been listening to some interviews he gave on sports radio and television and his credibility rises with each passing day.

[quote name='ryanbph']Vlad Guerrero will not be joining the DR in the WBC. Reports say that the DR assumed he would be joining them in the 2nd round due to conversations with people that are close to Vlad. How the fuck the story was reported based off of conversations with vlad thru people are close to him amaze me.

Barry Bonds said he would like to join the US team in the WBC. It was surprising news to the US manager. Buck Martinez says he has no plans to alter his 30 man roster.[/QUOTE]

Good for Buck, I'm sorry but the guys on the team are proud to be representing the USA. Listen to the interviews with Chipper Jones, Lee or any of the other guys. Just cause Mr. fucking Large Forehead, who can't throw out Sid Bream From Deep Short, wants to join the team now doesn't mean he should. If he wanted to be on the team he should have been honest if the first place and say he wanted to test his knee out and then join the team in the second round. But since when has Bonds been known for his honesty?

[quote name='dafoomie']Its funny, Jose Canseco has been the most honest man in this whole ordeal.[/quote]

I agree except for that debacle that was the Surreal Life.

while canseco might be telling a lot of truth, he is under the dillusion that he was blackballed out of MLB, because of the shit he has on MLB. He did say he doesn't belong in the hall of fame, so he is somewhat rational, but he does still feel he is in great shape, and could still be a very productive player.

Hey, if Julio Franco can do it, Jose might be able to do it. He should just put his money where his mouth is and show up to someone's spring training. He should stop acting like a victim and just shut and play.

[quote name='ryanbph']looks like the umps fucked japan out of the win vs usa[/quote]

We'll never know if it would've mattered or not. I really didn't see any evidence to justify the call, but someone must have since it got overturned.

I just hope the US wins it's next 2 to make the case a mute point.

I'm just confused how Mexico is the pool winner and the US ended up as runners up, even though they beat Mexico. Oh well, Canada got screwed the worst out of it.

The red sox starting pitching has really struggled in spring training. Clement had a good outing yesterday though. David Wells should be making a start sometime this week, and keith foulke should be ready for a game early next week.

Korea bitch slapped us last night. Wow not impressed with Dontrelle at all this WBC. Canada and Korea slapped him around. We may still win this damn thing, but we are making it a lot harder than it needs to be.

mlb news,

Gooden arrested for violating terms of probation

TAMPA, Fla. -- Former baseball star Dwight Gooden was arrested Tuesday on charges of violating the terms of his probation.
The 41-year-old pleaded guilty in November to speeding away from police after a DUI traffic stop in August 2004 and was sentenced to three years' probation. On Tuesday he went to a regular meeting with a probation officer, where he admitted to using cocaine, according to Jo Ellyn Rackleff, a spokeswoman for the Department of Corrections.
"He went to his regular meeting with his probation officer, admitted to the officer that he had used cocaine. She did a drug screen, and he tested positive for cocaine," Rackleff said.
Gooden was then arrested and taken to the Hillsborough County Jail, Rackleff said. He is being held without bond, according to Assistant State Attorney Pam Bondi.
"We will be requesting that he remain in jail on no bond because he violated probation," Bondi said.
Gooden was voted the 1984 NL Rookie of the Year and 1985 NL Cy Young Award while pitching for the New York Mets. He went 194-112 with a 3.51 ERA before retiring in 2001. He also pitched for the New York Yankees, Cleveland Indians, Houston Astros and Tampa Bay Devil Rays.
Gooden will make his first appearance in court Wednesday, Bondi said.
An after-hours call to Peter Hobson, who has represented Gooden in the past, was not immediately returned.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2368719&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines

To bad he fell so hard from the top of the world

Terry francona got a contract extension thru 2008...
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060314&content_id=1349190&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos&partnered=rss_bos

He was on the low end of the payscale of managers, and he does manage a big market team. I still don't like him though.:bomb: :bomb:

John lester was sent back down to the minor league camp. He will pitch in 2 more big league spring training games.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Bonds 3 for 3 and 1 homer.

G'Nite.[/QUOTE]

And now I remember why you were booted from the Halo clan.

Man, that Venezuela-DR game last night was insane! Anytime you get the bases loaded with two outs in the ninth of an elimination game, it's baseball junkie heaven. You gotta love the intensity of an elimination game. I wish we could get a whole season with these teams instead of the bloated major leagues that we have now. It's awesome how these last games of the second round basically turned into a quarterfinal. Can't wait for the semis and the final. It should be incredible.

[quote name='depascal22']Man, that Venezuela-DR game last night was insane! Anytime you get the bases loaded with two outs in the ninth of an elimination game, it's baseball junkie heaven. You gotta love the intensity of an elimination game. I wish we could get a whole season with these teams instead of the bloated major leagues that we have now. It's awesome how these last games of the second round basically turned into a quarterfinal. Can't wait for the semis and the final. It should be incredible.[/QUOTE]

I was a little apathetic about the WBC at first, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far.

well if japan wins tonight and scores 7 or less (i believe earned runs) then the US is out...

Damon won't be playing in the field...US WBC members said it was like a shoulder "tooth ache"....statement from Brian cashmans office said it was tendinitis...this will give the yanks more ammo to bitch about the wbc

[quote name='ryanbph']well if japan wins tonight and scores 7 or less (i believe earned runs) then the US is out...

Damon won't be playing in the field...US WBC members said it was like a shoulder "tooth ache"....statement from Brian cashmans office said it was tendinitis...this will give the yanks more ammo to bitch about the wbc[/QUOTE]

Assuming the US beats Mexico.. if Japan loses, US advances, if Japan wins and either scores 7 or more runs or allows 8 or more runs, the US advances.

Here's what I don't get.. according to the WBC rules on the website, the order of priority for tiebreakers is first, head-to-head record of the two teams. Since the USA beat Japan already, and they'd both have 2-1 records.. how does the number of runs matter?

edit - I think I answered my own question.. since three teams would be 2-1 and Japan beat Korea, Korea beat the US and the US beat Japan.. noone could be eliminated on head-to-head matchup records.

[quote name='greendj27']And now I remember why you were booted from the Halo clan.[/quote]

For stating the fact that Bonds went 3 for 3. I know your mad because you wish you had him on your team to help that powerhouse of a line-up with the likes of Carlos Lee and..damn...can someone get me some help here? Hey let's do a little check up here Brewers fan. Way to go in being in the playoffs in the past 5 years....oh wait.

[quote name='ph33r m3']For stating the fact that Bonds went 3 for 3. I know your mad because you wish you had him on your team to help that powerhouse of a line-up with the likes of Carlos Lee and..damn...can someone get me some help here? Hey let's do a little check up here Brewers fan. Way to go in being in the playoffs in the past 5 years....oh wait.[/QUOTE]

No, it's because of the way you posted it trying to taunt people. I love the fact that you actually think I'm going to be offended by you saying that the Brewers have been bad though. Guess what, they were. I am excited to see them on the way up though.

I just cannot believe that anyone can actually be proud to have someone like Bonds on their team.

[quote name='ph33r m3']For stating the fact that Bonds went 3 for 3. I know your mad because you wish you had him on your team to help that powerhouse of a line-up with the likes of Carlos Lee and..damn...can someone get me some help here? Hey let's do a little check up here Brewers fan. Way to go in being in the playoffs in the past 5 years....oh wait.[/quote]

And to be fair, neither team has won the WS recently.

As for team USA, Japan would have to beat Korea and the US would have to lose to Mexico to be eliminated. I don't see both of those happening. But I just want to see a US win.

[quote name='greendj27']No, it's because of the way you posted it trying to taunt people. I love the fact that you actually think I'm going to be offended by you saying that the Brewers have been bad though. Guess what, they were. I am excited to see them on the way up though.

I just cannot believe that anyone can actually be proud to have someone like Bonds on their team.[/quote]

I'm not trying to taunt people you idiot. Stating the fact, 3 for 3, trying to shine some light on the NL with all the talk about Red Sox and the WBC.

I'm proud to have Bonds on my team because he's a good player .

On the way up? If you consider going up in a 3000 mile well.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I'm not trying to taunt people you idiot. Stating the fact, 3 for 3, trying to shine some light on the NL with all the talk about Red Sox and the WBC.

I'm proud to have Bonds on my team because he's a good player .

On the way up? If you consider going up in a 3000 mile well.[/QUOTE]

If you weren't, then I apologize. It seemed like you were just posting that because of all the Bonds bashing earlier in this thread.

I can honeetly say though that I would much rather be in the Brewers position right now than the Giants with all the good young talent the Brewers have. They should have a good team for years now, while the Giants are only getting older and Bonds is probably done after this year.

Speaking of Bonds, I really wonder what's going to happen to him now. I wouldn't be very surprised to see a suspension from baseball or even a purjury investigation by the government in the future in light of all the information that has just come out.

[quote name='greendj27']If you weren't, then I apologize. It seemed like you were just posting that because of all the Bonds bashing earlier in this thread.

I can honeetly say though that I would much rather be in the Brewers position right now than the Giants with all the good young talent the Brewers have. They should have a good team for years now, while the Giants are only getting older and Bonds is probably done after this year.

Speaking of Bonds, I really wonder what's going to happen to him now. I wouldn't be very surprised to see a suspension from baseball or even a purjury investigation by the government in the future in light of all the information that has just come out.[/quote]

Then if you investigate Bonds you investigate everyone . It's like in school when Little Timmy gets his Cd Player stolen, Timmy points out Jack and says "search his backpack" then the teacher searches everyones backpack.

Adrian Beltre who's one that everyone will admit was on the juice when he was in his last year with the Dodgers, their's another player you look at. Look at everyone, and why not look at someone like Ken Griffey, he's pal with Bonds. Look at Tejada who Palmeiro ratted out.

This isn't a man one problem, if they take down Bonds what's that going to solve? Steroids is gone forever?

[quote name='ph33r m3']Then if you investigate Bonds you investigate everyone . It's like in school when Little Timmy gets his Cd Player stolen, Timmy points out Jack and says "search his backpack" then the teacher searches everyones backpack.

Adrian Beltre who's one that everyone will admit was on the juice when he was in his last year with the Dodgers, their's another player you look at. Look at everyone, and why not look at someone like Ken Griffey, he's pal with Bonds. Look at Tejada who Palmeiro ratted out.

This isn't a man one problem, if they take down Bonds what's that going to solve? Steroids is gone forever?[/QUOTE]

The problem is that books aren't being written about these other guys, so there is no reason to investigate those people right now. The amount of information on Bonds steroid use is so large that baseball has to address the situation. In some respects, baseball is investigating everyone by their testing policy. The problem with Bonds now, is that their are claims that he is using undetectable substances to get away with it.

Keep in mind that if the things in the books are untrue, you can be damn sure that Bonds would be suing everyone involved in them. Why hasn't he done anything yet if none of it is true?

That whole backpack analogy was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If school's are really doing that now, I understand why the hell our kids are dumb as hell. They have to waste their whole day sitting around during backpack searches. When I went to school and someone fingered someone else for a crime, that person and only that person got searched/questioned/anally probed/etc. That's like saying if one person in school gets caught with weed, everyone needs to be searched because they have weed. Your boy Bonds got busted. Live with it. Maybe Matt Morris will carry the Giants to be the division title.....

well the problem with suspending bonds is, some of the info in the book and the balco investigations implicate other players, ie benito santiego and ken griffey. If they open an investigation on him, they would be forced to investigate any other player implicated during bonds investigation. That would be a fucking mess, and hurt baseball a lot. IMO, bonds was going to the hall with or without steroids, he is a fucking asshole, so what a lot of people are.

Bonds 2-3 3 Run HR and a Double.

Depascallin22-Now, you say this shit about how Bonds should be the only one investigated, are you joking? Seriously, if you are your doing a great job playing the dumbass you probably are. With searching Bonds, you must investigate the whole Giants team, then you would have to investigate the players from 98-2003 that the book alledges Bondss' use. So, investigate Jeff Kent, Felix Rodriguez, J.T. Snow, Calvin Murray, Kenny Lofton.

Oh and depascalkskj22 i'll take Matt Morris. Seeing from your NY location your probably A) a Mets fan B) a Yanks Fan or C) wanting to me to respond to you so you can say you talked to greatness.

A) The Mets have payed their way to get the players they want, they will be mediocre like they always are this year.

B) Yanks have no pitching, Mussina and Johnson to carry you? Hell throw in Small, have fun with that

C) Here's my signature. Give it to your one friend, Sam that retarded deaf kid who listens to your problems.

The bottom line of the matter is this, if Bonds is a man and steps up and admits he made wrong choices that led to his steroid use, then he'd get a lot of shit off of his back. But he won't, because he's in the spotlight, where he always wants to be. And like they say, no PR is bad PR.

But onto a completely seperate issue, ph33r, did you or did you not say the Giants were going to win it all this year? Now thats a stretch for just about anyone. And I think all the teams you have bashed thus far will finish with better records, in tough divisions too, than the Giants. The Giants were sub .500 last year, in the worst division in baseball.

They played the worst teams in the league most of the year, and they still couldn't finish at the top. Sure they were missing their best player, but a team is not 1 player. As much as I hate to defend the Yankees and Mets, they both disgust me, they did fairly well with what they had. The Yankees still won the division, even though Johnson wasn't good for most of the year and Wright/Pavano were injured for most of the season. The Mets just overpaid for Beltran, but still managed to finish strong in the best division in baseball year, IMHO.

What I am trying to say is this, don't knock someones teams just because you think your team is far superior. Take away Bonds, and the Giants are garbage. Take away Sheets or Lee, Rivera or Johnson, or Beltran or Pedro, and the Brewers, Yankees, and Mets have someone else step up to take over. In the Giants case, that doesn't happen. Talk about mismanaged.

Ph33r... do you follow baseball? Spring Training numbers mean... nothing. Noone cares about them, they barely relate to season game numbers.

As an Indian's fan I'll give you this example.. Aaron Boone, hitting .529 with 3HR and 7RBI in 17 at bats.. does anyone really think he'll perform like that over the actual season?

Apparantly this is completely unfair :roll: , but Selig is going to investigate Bonds.

Bonds Report

It's getting more and more unlikely that he will break the HR record with his recent injury problems and now even possibly a suspension depending on what the investigation discovers.

[quote name='greendj27']Apparantly this is completely unfair :roll: , but Selig is going to investigate Bonds.

Bonds Report

It's getting more and more unlikely that he will break the HR record with his recent injury problems and now even possibly a suspension depending on what the investigation discovers.[/QUOTE]

Well its unlikely we'll see a suspension according to the article, and since his knee seems to be holding up fairly well so far.. I wouldn't say its unlikely he'll break the record.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Well its unlikely we'll see a suspension according to the article, and since his knee seems to be holding up fairly well so far.. I wouldn't say its unlikely he'll break the record.[/QUOTE]

He's said previously that this will likely be his last year, so unless he changes his mind he needs to do it this year. Even with his knee holding up ok so far, he will still get at least one day off a week probably to keep him healthy. Also, the article says no suspension is likely in the NEAR term. It also says that could change if the IRS comes after him for tax evasion.

I'm just basing it on what Bonds said about not playing after this year, which means every game he loses makes it that much more difficult.

[quote name='greendj27']Apparantly this is completely unfair :roll: , but Selig is going to investigate Bonds.

Bonds Report

It's getting more and more unlikely that he will break the HR record with his recent injury problems and now even possibly a suspension depending on what the investigation discovers.[/quote]

That is too bad. I hope this doesn't fuck the MLB in the ass. As much as people bitch about bonds, and his steroids, how about all the other players that take it. If 80% were cheating, according to canseco, then what difference does it make, as the pitchers pitching to bonds were on it as well. Canseco has said 9 players from the boston red sox were on it when he was with the team in the mid to late 90's. At least 6 players were using with sf in 98 when bonds started. How about sheffield, and giambi, are we going to suspend them. Griffey will be implicated in this upcoming book. Yes, bonds is an asshole, and he is an easy target, but if mlb suspends him for using in the past, don't you have to do that to a long list of other players. If MLB only suspends him, then that is unfair, as others have cheated as well. They should NOT OPEN UP THIS CAN OF WORMS. So what if he breaks the record, big fucking deal, everyone knows he cheated for a part of his career. If there isn't an asteriks next to his name when he breaks it, it will be later on. Most baseball fans know of pete rose, and the 1919 whitesox and there cheating. It wouldn't be the first time it happens. Put an asteriks next to his name and get over it. He was a great player before 1998, which is when it has been stated he started on the roids.

[quote name='craven_fiend']The bottom line of the matter is this, if Bonds is a man and steps up and admits he made wrong choices that led to his steroid use, then he'd get a lot of shit off of his back. But he won't, because he's in the spotlight, where he always wants to be. And like they say, no PR is bad PR.

But onto a completely seperate issue, ph33r, did you or did you not say the Giants were going to win it all this year? Now thats a stretch for just about anyone. And I think all the teams you have bashed thus far will finish with better records, in tough divisions too, than the Giants. The Giants were sub .500 last year, in the worst division in baseball.

They played the worst teams in the league most of the year, and they still couldn't finish at the top. Sure they were missing their best player, but a team is not 1 player. As much as I hate to defend the Yankees and Mets, they both disgust me, they did fairly well with what they had. The Yankees still won the division, even though Johnson wasn't good for most of the year and Wright/Pavano were injured for most of the season. The Mets just overpaid for Beltran, but still managed to finish strong in the best division in baseball year, IMHO.

What I am trying to say is this, don't knock someones teams just because you think your team is far superior. Take away Bonds, and the Giants are garbage. Take away Sheets or Lee, Rivera or Johnson, or Beltran or Pedro, and the Brewers, Yankees, and Mets have someone else step up to take over. In the Giants case, that doesn't happen. Talk about mismanaged.[/quote]

I still have my Giants winning this year. We have role players, on our team that back-up Bonds. Were a lot like the Lakers, take away Kobe and bam were done. Last year was rough I admit but it's tough without your best player.

In the NL, their's no clear cut favorite, the Astros need Clemens, the Cardinals lost Morris and Walker. So by no means do I think that a shot at the WS is not impossible.

Oh yeah, fucking Wichita St.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Bonds 2-3 3 Run HR and a Double.

Depascallin22-Now, you say this shit about how Bonds should be the only one investigated, are you joking? Seriously, if you are your doing a great job playing the dumbass you probably are. With searching Bonds, you must investigate the whole Giants team, then you would have to investigate the players from 98-2003 that the book alledges Bondss' use. So, investigate Jeff Kent, Felix Rodriguez, J.T. Snow, Calvin Murray, Kenny Lofton.

Oh and depascalkskj22 i'll take Matt Morris. Seeing from your NY location your probably A) a Mets fan B) a Yanks Fan or C) wanting to me to respond to you so you can say you talked to greatness.

A) The Mets have payed their way to get the players they want, they will be mediocre like they always are this year.

B) Yanks have no pitching, Mussina and Johnson to carry you? Hell throw in Small, have fun with that

C) Here's my signature. Give it to your one friend, Sam that retarded deaf kid who listens to your problems.[/quote]

First of all, I'm not a fan of any the local teams. So before you blow any more steam about crap you have no idea about, get your shit straight. I'm a Dodgers and Cards fan and I was glad when they let Morris walk. He was a serviceable ace when they didn't have anyone else but now that they have Carpenter, they could tell Morris to take a hike. The Cards didn't have to pay him ace money or anything close to it and he couldn't accept the fact that he wasn't even a number three on that team.

I gotta agree with Cornfed. Spring training stats mean absolutely jack. I love it when a team has the best record in spring and then promptly starts the season off with a five game losing streak. When Bonds starts the season like this, you can talk all the shit you want. Until then, shut your effin mouth and let grown folks talk.

[quote name='depascal22']First of all, I'm not a fan of any the local teams. So before you blow any more steam about crap you have no idea about, get your shit straight. I'm a Dodgers and Cards fan and I was glad when they let Morris walk. He was a serviceable ace when they didn't have anyone else but now that they have Carpenter, the Cards didn't have to pay him ace money or anything close to it.
I gotta agree with Cornfed. Spring training stats mean absolutely jack. I love it when a team has the best record in spring and then promptly starts the season off with a five game losing streak. When Bonds starts the season like this, you can talk all the shit you want. Until then, shut your effin mouth and let grown folks talk.[/QUOTE]
he does have a point about the lack of pitching by the yanks :)

[quote name='ryanbph']he does have a point about the lack of pitching by the yanks :)[/quote]

He does have a good point. But the funny thing is that he said to get under my skin and I don't really give a damn about the Yanks. If he was reading the thread for the last few months, he would know that we all have commented on the lack of pitching on the Yankees.

it was just a joke, as i am a red sox fan....while we may have 7 starting pitchers...we have as many ?'s as they do..

schilling, can he bounce back at his age

arroyo, will he be the avg at best pitcher he was from the allstar break on, or will he go back to being unhittable in that stretch he had of like 11 straight victories

wells, will he tank it because he wants out, can he recover?

clement, no need to talk about him

beckett, can he become the stud that he has been billed to be, will he pitch in 30 starts, 200 ip, or will he crumble in boston?

wakefield, 0 - 6 last year without mirabelli catching him, will he adjust to a new catcher

john paplebon, will he even make the rotation, and very few/no rooks have won 15 games in there rookie season, they are usually around .500 or so in there rookie season

[quote name='depascal22']First of all, I'm not a fan of any the local teams. So before you blow any more steam about crap you have no idea about, get your shit straight. I'm a Dodgers and Cards fan and I was glad when they let Morris walk. He was a serviceable ace when they didn't have anyone else but now that they have Carpenter, they could tell Morris to take a hike. The Cards didn't have to pay him ace money or anything close to it and he couldn't accept the fact that he wasn't even a number three on that team.

I gotta agree with Cornfed. Spring training stats mean absolutely jack. I love it when a team has the best record in spring and then promptly starts the season off with a five game losing streak. When Bonds starts the season like this, you can talk all the shit you want. Until then, shut your effin mouth and let grown folks talk.[/quote]
Bonds is 7 for 9 and yes stats in Spring Training don't mean anything. And if you think i'm spouting off because we have the best record in spring training, my Giants don't. Were 10-7 to my knowledge.

So until then I should shut my mouth and let you talk? I would take a guess and say your not a day over 16. But, I don't want to bother you, I know you got that backlog of porn on your computer you've been waiting to tackle.

I honestly don't see what facts you can give us, to make us see why you believe the Giants will win it all this year? You've yet to make a case.

And as far as I can see, the champs (as much as it pains me to say) have only gotten better during the offseason. And I can name 10 teams that are more likely to come close to the title this year than the Giants.

Not knocking your team, but just your lack of definitive reason that they will win it all. But then again you said the same about the 49ers too, so yeah. And even if you didn't, you might has well have with your posts.

Also, age has nothing to do with what someone has to say, just the manner in which they say it. So what if depscal isn't over 16, atleast treat them and everyone else in this thread with some respect, and maybe the favor would be returned.

The NL west is wide open. The Giants will always be dangerous as long as Bonds is healthy but that's a big if. There isn't any team in the division that has a clear cut advantage in any category. The only thing thing the Western Division has an advantage on is best stadiums.

I still like the Cards to win the NL this year though. Yes they lost Morris and Walker but so what? Pujols is another into his prime and he doesn't look like he's letting up anytime this decade and Carpenter should be strong. Morris is washed up as an ace and I'm glad the Cards got rid of him. Walker spent much of last year on the DL and didn't really come through with the clutch hits the Cards desperately needed in the playoffs last year.

The Mets look like the team to beat the Braves but we've said that about a team for 13 years straight and the Braves always pull through down the stretch. The papers here all about Pedro's toe. He stated in the Daily News yesterday that his toe will be painful all year but he's not going to have surgery. Delgado is also a question mark with his elbow and Beltran will have to step up his production or he'll be run out of town. The bright spot will be David Wright. He's primed to have a monster year offensively. His defense might not be Mike Schmidt-like but he'll get the job done and he looks better every time I see him.

USA loses to Mexico 2-1. This seems worse than Team USA getting the bronze in the Olympics but it seems like we were outclassed every step of the way.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I honestly don't see what facts you can give us, to make us see why you believe the Giants will win it all this year? You've yet to make a case.

And as far as I can see, the champs (as much as it pains me to say) have only gotten better during the offseason. And I can name 10 teams that are more likely to come close to the title this year than the Giants.

Not knocking your team, but just your lack of definitive reason that they will win it all. But then again you said the same about the 49ers too, so yeah. And even if you didn't, you might has well have with your posts.

Also, age has nothing to do with what someone has to say, just the manner in which they say it. So what if depscal isn't over 16, atleast treat them and everyone else in this thread with some respect, and maybe the favor would be returned.[/quote]
I made a case craven in the 1st MLB topic. Yet again I will do one but in a shorter summary. (The 49ers was a joke, but hell why not hold it against me).

Here's my case-

2003-2004 Season my Giants were 91-71 and a damn SS error from winning the NL West against the Dodgers. The next season with Moises Alou, S.I. picked us to be beaten by the Braves in the NLCS. So it's not to say we've been a shitty team for years.

My case, with a healthy Barry Bonds, our line-up is better than the one in 2002 when we made a run to the WS. With Jason Schmidt a Cy-Young canidate, Matt Morris a reliable #2, Noah Lowry a young stud #3 who's rookie year was amazing, and 2nd half of last year was one fire. Moises Alou will back up Bonds. Randy Winn at the end of last year was hitting amazingly and this line-up I fully believe will be fine.

(These are all teams I view as contenders)

Padres- Lost Jake Peavy who was their top pitcher. Piazza is at the end of his career and I don't see much from this team.'

Dodgers- May contend..don't see much from them seeing as how they did shittier than we did

Cardinals- Lost Morris and Larry Walker. Scott Rolen is coming off his injury from last year and is iffy. But with Pujols and Mulder they'll be strong but not like years prior.

Astros- Clemens,Clemens,Clemens if he returns I withdraw my comments about the Giants going to the WS.

Braves- This team you can never count out but you can only lose so much.

Mets- Still the Mets, Martinez is aging, Beltran was horrible, Delgado will help and so will Wagner, but starting pitching will be shaky.

Phillies-A team I worry about but the loss of Wagner is huge.

My short reasons why I think my Giants will make a run to the WS. Thank you and G'Nite.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I
Padres- Lost Jake Peavy who was their top pitcher. Piazza is at the end of his career and I don't see much from this team.'
[/QUOTE]

Padres still have Peavy. They did lose Adam Eaton who wasn't that great.

while it sucks the us team didn't even make it to the next round...when you are replacing cc sabithia with al leiter, you know that your best are not involved in the tournament.

[quote name='ryanbph']while it sucks the us team didn't even make it to the next round...when you are replacing cc sabithia with al leiter, you know that your best are not involved in the tournament.[/QUOTE]

Yes.. but from experience of watching just about every Cleveland game year in and year out.. CC still hasn't gotten over the hump of letting pressure get into his head. I really don't know how good he'd have been in the WBC.

I still think Cliff Lee is Cleveland's ace, not CC.. may not be flashy, but he gets the job done nearly every start.

And to whomever's post about Chicago looking even harder to beat.. they lost Rowand for Thome.. and unless Thome finally gets over his injuries thats going to hurt them, you can't rely on him for a full season. And I still think last year was a fluke, Ozzie Guillen isn't a good enough manager for a repeat. (Of course I may just be bitter after my team falling to them last year).

[quote name='ph33r m3']No clear cut reasons from ph33r as to why the Giants will win it all.

My short reasons why I think my Giants will make a run to the WS. Thank you and G'Nite.[/quote]

All your reasons for the Giants winning it all are a bunch of if, thens. Those don't always go in your favor. Hell if everyone preformed at their averages every year, then no one other than the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs, and Mets would every have a shot. (biggest spenders buying talent away from weaker market teams). If Schilling isn't hurt last year, Foulke isn't hurt........you get my drift, I could say the Red Sox would've won it all last year, but that doesn't make it the clear cut truth. And yeah, joke or not, picking the 49ers to even make the playoffs for another 2-3 years is flat stupid. They couldn't even lose right to get the top pick for the 2nd straight year. But yeah, this isn't the late 80s/ early 90s, Montana and Young are gone and they're terrible now.

And Cornfed, yeah they lost Rowand for Thome, but I think they may alternate Konerko/Thome at 1b/dh and see how it fairs. I think the White Sox biggest acquisition was Vasquez. He bolsters an already amazing pitching line up.

I'll let you guys know my WS picks in a few days, and I will back my choices up.

vasques, is a NL pitcher only. They had a lot of players overachieve last year. Burhle/garland/dustin hermanson. They will be solid, may be the al team in the WS, but they aren't a team that would scare me. The play good baseball and keep themselves in games to win, but a 7 game series things can go either way.

[quote name='craven_fiend']All your reasons for the Giants winning it all are a bunch of if, thens..[/quote]

Isn't if a bunch of if's for everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back