Mom and Pop Rental Shop Score! weeoo

varsitygamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So i stopped in my local rental shop to pick up a couple movies to watch with my girlfriend this evening when she gets out of work. Lucky I was alone so I had time to meander around, and look at everything. Just so happens they were getting rid of a lot of 64 games. In the pile...

mikes004.jpg

the cart is in good condition, not great, but better than most you'd see from a rental shop or tag sale (though it's hard to tell in the pic). The box however was absolutely mint! Had all of the inserts EXCEPT the instruction manual, unfortunately.

mikes005.jpg

and i paid............

$5.00

I KNEW it had to be a score at 5 bucks, so i scooped it up... I don't have a 64 anymore so I'll probably just sell it (and buy Wii Points with the profit, haha).

I always thought it was weird that the first Mario Party has Mario holding a giant 3 on the die. It's cool that you got the box and all for the game, but you do realize it's Mario Party 1, right?

[quote name='Ziv']I always thought it was weird that the first Mario Party has Mario holding a giant 3 on the die. It's cool that you got the box and all for the game, but you do realize it's Mario Party 1, right?[/QUOTE]

Out of the 7, it's one of the best IMO. So he scored very well :)

yeah i knew it was the original Mario Party when i bought it. I was thrown for a second when i looked at the cover of the box (due to the dice, like you said), but the spine of the box says "Mario Party," and I sort of recognized it as the original anyhow.

WTF! A rental place with a mint box for an N64 game. Amazing. And no obnoxious stickers on the cart, either. No manual is a bummer, but really I can't believe they had the box. And if they did I'd expect it to have been used out on the shelf and that = really grimed up and bashed up and probably with stickers all over the box as well.

Whenever I see a 'Going out of business sale' sign on a mom and pop rental place I perk up. Haven't actually found much good at them, but it's still fun to hope.

[quote name='lilboo']Out of the 7, it's one of the best IMO. So he scored very well :)[/quote]

Yeah it's good. Except for the stupid rotation minigames. My palms still hurt. [insert joke here]

Nice score. Mom & Pop stores are the best. I've picked up some true treasures such as Mega Man X3 for the SNES and Bubble Bobble for the Playstation at mom & pops who were liquidating their inventory.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Very nice find, a great game that was and could be on the VC.[/QUOTE]

It's already confirmed to be coming eventually.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's already confirmed to be coming eventually.[/quote]

Is the first one confirmed for the VC? If I remember right Nintendo had some trouble with people hurting their palms on the rotation mini games and if you bought the game you could send in for some sort of glove to wear so you wouldnt hurt your hand. I bet the origional Mario Party will never be released on the VC for that reason. I could be wrong though, who knows.;)

bread's done
Back