Mondo Posters

Dokstarr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I was wondering if anyone here ever tries to pick up any of the Mondo Poster releases? I have spent probably 3 months watching them and have never gotten one I have wanted as of yet. Like today was the Black Widow one. I had the twitter update sent to my phone and had the mozilla firefox refresh change checker checking every 20 seconds. It went off (about 45 seconds before the twitter update) and I get it to my cart and to the point where it is computing shipping and it hangs for about 3 minutes and I get sold out.

I just don't understand how to get one. If I am adding it to my cart within 20 seconds and still not checking out I just don't get it. I guess I will at this point have to download some hi-def scans and print out of some glossy fancy poster size prints from staples or something. With runs of 300 or less I just don't seem to stand a chance.

Has anyone else had any luck getting any of these? The only one I have is the TMNT one which I then had to pay 3x the price for.

Edit: About 20% of them are already on ebay and they sold out 20 minutes ago and may not ship for 2 or 3 weeks and are selling for 6 or 7x the price.

Yeah, hoarders grab them all. The prices never come down, either. I've been watching Kill Bill prices since it came out, I don't think it's ever hit below $350 or $400.

I actually just got the Black Widow poster. Used Chrome and had their Page Monitor app checking for updates every 5 seconds (lowest interval possible). Kept the poster tab open so when the audible alarm went off, I just went to the tab, refreshed, and checked out. Judging from all the other tales of woe I've seen online, I just must've gotten extremely lucky.

I thought doing any less than 20 seconds was abusive to their servers along with everyone else going to be jamming it. I guess I will bring it down to 5 seconds from now on.

I should really check out how many of the the posters don't end up on the secondary market. It has to be close to 75% go to ebay and other sites. I guess at this point I should just add to the problem by raping their servers and getting whatever posters I can to flip to try and get the ones I want. I was looking for the Akira one and I think the cheapest price on there is $1000.

I've only ever tried to get posters from them once for the Bounty Hunters Wave 2 set, which I got easily. There have been quite a few other Disney ones I thought about getting, but I like putting them in proper framing which is very expensive. Spent $450 framing those 3 but it was oh so worth it.

Buddy of mine does resell these, so if I ever wanted something I could just ask him. He does the same thing everyone else does with tweets and FF apps for page refreshing.

[quote name='Scorch']Does he have either Kill Bill poster?[/QUOTE]
Doubtful since he turns around and sells them on ebay or saves a few for his flea market booth. Don't think he's held onto any of them for more than two weeks. What I meant was if I wanted something coming up I could just ask, but never have.

Mondo is so passe, it was cool to have them 3-4 years ago. Now it has all just turned into a money flip fest due to the low supply, their shoddy checkout system, and the underground print collecting "fad" shaq-fuing everything up (thanks a lot exit through the gift shop).

there are still some really awesome prints if you can snag one, just not worth the price tag on the aftermarket. better to support the artists directly with buying AP copies anyways

its a shame the hobby went down the tubes so fast, all the douchebags in the world want to make a quick profit in a recession. no love for movies or art

[quote name='RobotSimp']Mondo is so passe, it was cool to have them 3-4 years ago. Now it has all just turned into a money flip fest due to the low supply, their shoddy checkout system, and the underground print collecting "fad" shaq-fuing everything up (thanks a lot exit through the gift shop).

there are still some really awesome prints if you can snag one, just not worth the price tag on the aftermarket. better to support the artists directly with buying AP copies anyways

its a shame the hobby went down the tubes so fast, all the douchebags in the world want to make a quick profit in a recession. no love for movies or art[/QUOTE]

What does AP mean?

Pretty sure AP means "artist proof." Usually the artists will sell a few extra prints on their own sites. Sometimes prices are a bit higher than Mondo and the prints can be just as hard or harder to get. Phantom City Creative tweeted that they will be doing this with the Avengers: Captain America print they did for Mondo soon.

Casually trying to get the Iron Man print today. Not a huge loss if I don't get it, but I like the style of this one.

Heh. Decided to use work's incredibly fast network to snag these...went in, connected two computers to two different networks. Around 3:10, decided to go home. Never had a chance of getting 'em. Random drop time + window of minutes (if not seconds) to order 'em + website that goes to hell when they do drop = why oh why do I subject myself to this...

Just thought I'd bump this up. I was waiting for three posters. The Spirited Away, Howl's Castle, and Dark Tower. Dark Tower.

Spirited Away and Howl's were both gone with 3 seconds of going online. Literally three. I had my comp doing auto-refresh every second while siting at it. It beeps I click add to cart and check out and it says sold out.

Either I am missing something or it is just a lot of luck or some people are automatically filling in the fields. Would there be a good way to set something up to automatically submit for the poster?

I did get the Dark Tower, but I'm guessing nobody wanted it since it is still in stock now. I really liked the Howl and Spirited Away - I wonder if anyone would be willing to sell them for 200 (each) right after they pick it up.

Just thought I'd bump this up. I was waiting for three posters. The Spirited Away, Howl's Castle, and Dark Tower. Dark Tower.

Spirited Away and Howl's were both gone with 3 seconds of going online. Literally three. I had my comp doing auto-refresh every second while siting at it. It beeps I click add to cart and check out and it says sold out.

Either I am missing something or it is just a lot of luck or some people are automatically filling in the fields. Would there be a good way to set something up to automatically submit for the poster?

I did get the Dark Tower, but I'm guessing nobody wanted it since it is still in stock now. I really liked the Howl and Spirited Away - I wonder if anyone would be willing to sell them for 200 (each) right after they pick it up.
I guess I should count myself lucky I ever got one Moss print. I got the Mononoke last year at comic-con. I was only able to do it because you had to line up and wait. This pre-sale thing kind of sucks balls.

Edit:

Also don't understand how some people got two or more of them (just checked eBay). It must be something mechanical doing the whole checkout process for them the second it clicks. I don't know what though.

I guess I should just stop with the Mondo thing in general. It is has to be 1/2 luck and 1/2 mechanical assistance (especially those with multiple).

Double Edit:

Is it still possible to delete a post on this new board system? I mistakenly double posted but can't find a way as of yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
My co-worker owns  bunch of these prints. He buys some and resells some. Collection has got to be in the thousands.

for my wedding gift I guess he's giving me the FP one

Last edited by a moderator:
Where can I buy these?  I did a search and didn't see anything but news articles about them and ebay postings.  In one of the articles I saw some of Pacific Rim.  I would like to try to get one of them if I can.  I'm sure I wont be able to.

Generally its mondotees.com but if I remeber the Pacific Rim ones are only gonna be at comic con, so they won't be on the site. Honestly believe hings sell out so quickly on the site that you would most likely have not got them anyways.

If you want to keep track of releases you have to follow their twitter.

I thought I did see something in the article about comic con.  I wonder if they will be at all or just the larger ones.

bread's done
Back