Mongolian Chop Squad (Beck) Anime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
mcg6go.jpg

Behold the great anime and music of the Mongolian Chop Squad, otherwise known as Beck. Continue your anime discussions here.

[quote name='dcfox']Did they really need to give this guy a name? He's in the anime for like 5 seconds

AkokiAniki.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Speaking of minor Naruto characters, what ever happened to Ami (girl who picked on Sakura)?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='dcfox']Did they really need to give this guy a name? He's in the anime for like 5 seconds

AkokiAniki.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Speaking of minor Naruto characters, what ever happened to Ami (girl who picked on Sakura)?[/quote]
No picture there for dc. ;) As for minor characters, what happened to half of the fucking genin class? Only 9 out of the 30 or so genins that graduated the school did anything at all? :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No picture there for dc. ;) As for minor characters, what happened to half of the fucking genin class? Only 9 out of the 30 or so genins that graduated the school did anything at all? :lol:[/QUOTE]

They couldn't get the bells? :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Hell. Yes.

So I'm about to start either Excel Saga or Noir ... which should it be?[/QUOTE]

Depends on your mood. Noir is gritty and, excuse the pun, noirish. Excel Saga is like watching FLCL... while hopped on LSD.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No picture there for dc. ;) As for minor characters, what happened to half of the fucking genin class? Only 9 out of the 30 or so genins that graduated the school did anything at all? :lol:[/QUOTE]
They were wiped out. Either that or they're not really interesting people :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Depends on your mood. Noir is gritty and, excuse the pun, noirish. Excel Saga is like watching FLCL... while hopped on LSD.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't have any personal experience with LSD, but I have seen FLCL ... :lol:

[quote name='dcfox']They were wiped out. Either that or they're not really interesting people :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing most of them quit/died during the Chuunin Exam Invasion. Remember that room full of newly branded shinobi where Naruto and gang first meet Kabuto? Those were probably the only ones who got past the bells and/or the entrance exams to get into the Chuunin Exam.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Well I don't have any personal experience with LSD, but I have seen FLCL ... [/QUOTE]

Well, to get it into perspective, FLCL is like watching an artsy Miyazaki film... on LSD - it's nice to look at but you don't know wtf is going on. :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Depends on your mood. Noir is gritty and, excuse the pun, noirish. Excel Saga is like watching FLCL... while hopped on LSD.[/QUOTE]

Excel Saga is far inferior to FLCL, I don't think thats a really fair comparison. Excel Saga drags on and on in some parts, but has some decently funny moments. Noir is decent too.

[quote name='jaykrue']I'm guessing most of them quit/died during the Chuunin Exam Invasion. Remember that room full of newly branded shinobi where Naruto and gang first meet Kabuto? Those were probably the only ones who got past the bells and/or the entrance exams to get into the Chuunin Exam.[/QUOTE]

Or they just chose not to take it ... and were quietly put to death by the anbu. ;)

I believe they got sent back to school. There are only so many genin allowed each year allowed

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Or they just chose not to take it ... and were quietly put to death by the anbu. ;)[/QUOTE]
They all committed suicide after they found out Sasuke left. I know that's what I would have done :cry: Konoha is just not the same without him.

[quote name='LiquidNight']the "kurakara (or is it karakura?) super heroes" episode was the first filler and it happened a while ago (somewhere in the high 20s/low 30s).
It was actually entertaining filler too, seeing don kanonji animated was just hilarious[/QUOTE]

No, that wasn't technically filler, it did happen in the manga. Ep 50 is all new, but still awesome.

Alright, I'm rethinking the Excel Saga/Noir limitation ... here's all the series I own (legally) and haven't watched or at least haven't finished:

Boogiepop Phantom

Excel Saga

Fûshigi Yûgi
(seasons 1 & 2)

GitS: SAC

Last Exile

Martian Successor Nadesico

Najica Blitz Tactics

Noir

Now and Then, Here and There

Outlaw Star

Paranoia Agent
(though I was watching it w/ friends so that might have to wait)

R.O.D the TV

Serial Experiments: Lain

Super Milk Chan Show!

Texhnolyze

:whistle2:k

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Alright, I'm rethinking the Excel Saga/Noir limitation ... here's all the series I own (legally) and haven't watched or at least haven't finished:

Boogiepop Phantom

Excel Saga

Fûshigi Yûgi
(seasons 1 & 2)

GitS: SAC

Last Exile

Martian Successor Nadesico

Najica Blitz Tactics

Noir

Now and Then, Here and There

Outlaw Star

Paranoia Agent
(though I was watching it w/ friends so that might have to wait)

R.O.D the TV

Serial Experiments: Lain

Super Milk Chan Show!

Texhnolyze

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, my vote goes towards Boogiepop Phantom, ROD: TV, and then GitS:SAC. I'd go for Paranoia Agent but you said you're watchin' it w/ friends.

I enjoyed Boogiepop, not as much as Lain, but pretty good. Last Exile was amazing, one of my favorite. Najica Blitz Tactics is horrible, wish I could have that time of my life back spent watching it. Milk Chan is fun and doesn't have to be watched in succession, good for taking a break from serious animes.

[quote name='jaykrue']If that's the case, my vote goes towards Boogiepop Phantom, ROD: TV, and then GitS:SAC. I'd go for Paranoia Agent but you said you're watchin' it w/ friends.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xzafixz']I enjoyed Boogiepop, not as much as Lain, but pretty good. Last Exile was amazing, one of my favorite. Najica Blitz Tactics is horrible, wish I could have that time of my life back spent watching it. Milk Chan is fun and doesn't have to be watched in succession, good for taking a break from serious animes.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks ... might have to go with Boogiepop. :whistle2:k

And yeah, I really expected Najica to be horrible, but it was just so cheap (ADV clearance). I'll probably never watch it. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Chouji's such a worthless character that he's not even in the shot. :lol: ;)[/QUOTE]
The same could be said for Shikamaru. ;) At least Chouji can still be seen.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Alright, thanks ... might have to go with Boogiepop. :whistle2:k

And yeah, I really expected Najica to be horrible, but it was just so cheap (ADV clearance). I'll probably never watch it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Did you get the panties? o_O

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The same could be said for Shikamaru. ;) At least Chouji can still be seen.[/QUOTE]

Shikamaru's different. He's so awesome that he would have drawn too much attention and ruined the scope of the shot. ;)

[quote name='xzafixz']Did you get the panties? o_O[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're in a pile with all the shirts I've gotten. I don't wear any of them. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The same could be said for Shikamaru. ;) At least Chouji can still be seen.[/QUOTE]

obviously u dont how bothersome it is to be seen

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Shikamaru's different. He's so awesome that he would have drawn too much attention and ruined the scope of the shot. ;)[/QUOTE]
Sure, say whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better. ;)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']

:cool: :lol:[/QUOTE]

*cough*Ahem*cough* He's doesn't need to win a poularity contest to show his superiority over everyone else. ;) You're argument has no weight.

[quote name='LiquidNight']the poll is obviously flawed, sasuke got first:lol:[/QUOTE]

If I were actually going to make my own list, this is how it'd go:

01. Nara Shikamaru

02. Temari

03. Gaara

04. Itachi

05. Orochimaru

06. Shino? ... damn, I don't really like anyone else enough to rank them. :lol:

Kakashi, Tayuya, and Haku would probably be closest to being ranked next ...

Add Hyuuga Hanabi ( :drool: ) to make it 10. ;)

What's up fellas...
[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']So I'm about to start either Excel Saga or Noir ... which should it be?[/QUOTE]Hey sblymnl, I know you're thinking about Boogiepop instead now, but if you go back to these two I recommend watching them together. The two are so opposite they're like antidotes for each other. I couldn't do either of these series exclusively. Then again it takes me weeks to go through 26 episodes of anything, since I need to divide my free time up between gaming, reading, and taking care of a toddler.

Just curious, do you guys normally like to watch one series the whole way through before starting another? I recently finished Full Metal Panic, Excel Saga and Kino's Journey. Now I'm working my way through GTO, Steel Angel Kurumi and Kaleido Star.

[quote name='woobacca']What's up fellas...
Hey sblymnl, I know you're thinking about Boogiepop instead now, but if you go back to these two I recommend watching them together. The two are so opposite they're like antidotes for each other. I couldn't do either of these series exclusively. Then again it takes me weeks to go through 26 episodes of anything, since I need to divide my free time up between gaming, reading, and taking care of a toddler.

Just curious, do you guys normally like to watch one series the whole way through before starting another? I recently finished Full Metal Panic, Excel Saga and Kino's Journey. Now I'm working my way through GTO, Steel Angel Kurumi and Kaleido Star.[/QUOTE]

I usually do one at a time. For a 26 episode series it usually takes me 3 or 4 days, though there are exceptions (watched Trigun in 2 days, watched 120 episodes of Naruto in about a week).

[quote name='woobacca']Just curious, do you guys normally like to watch one series the whole way through before starting another? I recently finished Full Metal Panic, Excel Saga and Kino's Journey. Now I'm working my way through GTO, Steel Angel Kurumi and Kaleido Star.[/QUOTE]

Depends. If it's an ongoing series like Naruto or Bleach, I watch it on a per episode basis. If it's a finished season or series of a show, then I might watch like 3-5 episodes of it during the weekend.

Cool...[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']120 episodes of Naruto in about a week[/QUOTE]holy shlep, that's like 45 hours... although yeah with naruto it was definitely hard to stay away for any long time once i started it. i've only seen the first 90 eps or so, but i remember basically skipping out on sleep to keep watching. :D

[quote name='woobacca']Cool...holy shlep, that's like 45 hours... although yeah with naruto it was definitely hard to stay away for any long time once i started it. i've only seen the first 90 eps or so, but i remember basically skipping out on sleep to keep watching. :D[/QUOTE]

I skipped a few classes last semester to watch the damn things!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']watched 120 episodes of Naruto in about a week).[/QUOTE]

O-TA-KU.

>=J

I thought this thread was about BECK? But yeah, the music rocks in this anime.

[quote name='Rig']I skipped a few classes last semester to watch the damn things![/QUOTE]

Since when are classes more important than sleep? :lol:

So what's Beck's connection to anime? Only time I've seen anime mixed with modern bands is in those Daft Punk music videos.

[quote name='woobacca']So what's Beck's connection to anime? Only time I've seen anime mixed with modern bands is in those Daft Punk music videos.[/QUOTE]
There's no relation to Beck the RL band, except that the anime is about music.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's no relation to Beck the RL band, except that the anime is about music.[/QUOTE]

Well, they do mention that their name won't work in America. :lol:

[quote name='woobacca']So what's Beck's connection to anime? Only time I've seen anime mixed with modern bands is in those Daft Punk music videos.[/QUOTE]

What about the Gorillaz?

just watched the new Naruto, got I hate sleeping marathons

the raw manga is out.....quite exciting cant wait for it till the enlish version. all I can say is tails and boom

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back