Monitor Deals?

Noogums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I need a deal on a big widescreen monitor with hd inputs for my consoles.

Right now im using a friends 26" hp monitor that he got for $200 and i love it. So much that im looking into getting one, specifically for gaming, and not a new tv that i dont really need. i dont even mind sacrificing size for quality because its very close to my bed.

So if you know of any deals on a good monitor, or even a smallish LCD HDTV, lemme know. Not lookin to spend a lot because i think i could easily do his hp for 200....

so like maybe no more than 250...cuz then i think i could get my dad to go halves...

I have the T260HD and I love it. My friend has the T220HD after seeing my monitor/tv and then we just got my grandma the T240HD because she too fell in love with mine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0NHBPKQQ4D7VRTNVVRX8

Its got 2 HDMI, component, coaxial for cable, built in speakers, etc.

Though I must say, for that price, you can get the T240HD for only $40 more also from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Touch-T240HD-24-Inch-Monitor/dp/B001AYGDCE

I know both are over $250 but not by much. Regardless it is an excellent TV/Monitor and highly recommend it.

Oh samsung is fantastic. We just got a 63" plasma and its ORGASMIC. but my dad doesnt want me playing on it because hes afraid of image burn in. And i guess i cant blame him for being worried considering the price tag...once and a while tho. but no long sessions with games with huds.

but the monitors- i could swing that, but the hp is ~$50 less and 4 inches bigger. Unless there is a supirior difference in picture quality, i cant justify it :\ but i will keep an eye on them. Thanks for your input!

hahahhah lucky grandma....

No problem.

Where did your buddy get that HP? I have never seen a deal that good in a while so I am just curious. 26 inch monitors usually never are that cheap unless the quality is subpar, do you know the specs of your buddy's?

I'm also interested in this thread. I've been following a few other sites for deals on monitors, but the comments generally devolve into "it's a TN panel; it sucks." or "1 year warranty sucks." or "I have this, it sucks." to "I have it. it's good. good deal."

Samsungs seem to be good, or the Dell ultrasharps that never go on sale. Any other opinions?

Its an hp monitor, but it was re branded. The badges on the front were removed and replaced with a globe lookin one, but on the back it still says hp and has the hp model #. ill ask him what site it was. Just know its gonna come with different badges. But it still looks great. and good quality.

ill post the link when he decides he wants to pick up his phone lol

in the mean time ill post some pics.

I looked up the model number and i think it might be the 24"...i cant tell by looking at it so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Specs:

Display: 24″ TN TFT LCD
Aspect Ratio: 16:10
Pixel Format: 1920 x 1200
Contrast Ratio: 2000:1 (static), 3000:1 (dynamic)
Response Time: 5ms
Connectivity: VGA, HDMI with HDCP, USB Hub (3 USB 2.0 ports)
Adjustability: Pivot, Tilt, Height
Power Consumption: Energy Star
Dimensions:
23.1 x 16.3 x 11.4″ (low position)
23.1 x 19.7 x 11.4″ (high position)
Mount: VESA 4-hole 100 x 100mm
Weight: 21.6lbs (9.8kg)

pics:

3966383189_f2522e2b93.jpg

the globe sticker badge, with HP screaming right below it lol

3967160972_9b9584852e.jpg

model #

3966382383_9e9d4cf60a.jpg

the front. the hp is still on the front for some reason.

yea...debranded...lol. but only 1 hdmi..but that doesnt matter to me. The only gripe i have is that the viewing angle isnt so great. they colors get a little darker/black at extremer angles. otherwise, its very pretty :) that little hole on the left is a light sensor for ambiant light and the buttons are on the bottom. even has built in speakers. theyre not good, but not intoloarable if your just watchin a youtube vid or something. not even that tinny...

i looked up the model # and it says 24 but he said it was 26...either way, its still big. more pic of it on my flickr

also, just found this from dell- link

[quote name='equax']I purchased this monitor a few months ago and it's been great. It has built in speakers, 1 x HDMI, 1 X VGA, 1 X DVI. I use this monitor typically for my PS3 and PC.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10010300&prodlist=celebros[/QUOTE]

wow 167 after MIR...not bad. though on newegg it got a lot of reviews saying they had a stuck green pixel or 2. is there free return shipping if its defective like that?

^dang....thats nice deal.. 32" is a pretty decent size too. not sure if it could replace my current one tho id have to see a 32 in real life first. but that sweet. any idea how long itll last?

That 'HP' isn't half bad, the contrast ratio leaves a little to be desired though.

That 32 LG is ridiculous! I sure wish I had an extra $400 to throw down on that. Such a great deal there.

Gonna see if i can sweet talk my dad into go halves for an early bday gift or good grades or something...

But still, id love to see some more deals. ill definitely post if i do decide on one

Eh...200 for a 25 is pretty good. but hanns? are they any good? ive never heard of them. specs dont look so hot- 800:1 contrast? ick.

The thing i love about this debranded monitor tho is the 16:10 aspect ratio, so its taller and not as long. Most, if not all of the monitors suggested are 16:9. i love 16:10

Well, i liked this monitor so much i just asked my friend if i could buy it off him and he said yea! so we settled on 125.

bread's done
Back