Monitor Issues

pbnate88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hello everyone, pretty much brand new to the PC scene and have some questions on my monitor that I have and what I think of as awful graphics even while trying to browse these forums:

I have the below TV/Monitor hooked up with an HDMI cable and I am trying to fix the graphics that I am currently displaying, I have seen some reviews point out that while hooking it up via HDMI will produce in unwanted results. 

http://www.amazon.com/AOC-L22H998-22-Inch-1080p-HDTV/pr...

will try to gather as much information about my PC but do not know too much:

MSI R9 380 Gaming 4g Graphics card with a EVGA Supernova PSU and an I3 processor which I know off the top of my head.

My question is how do I fix this issue? Do I need better cables? Or is there a way to set this up via online.

Very new to PC's so please bear with me thanks!

It's probably your TV. Is the picture fine when you use it as a regular television? Check to make sure before you start worrying about your PC.

Other than that, the TV specs are pretty specific, so the graphics card could be rasterizing or refreshing in non-native mode on your TV, forcing it to work harder and giving you shitty colors. You have an ATI card, so you should have Catalyst Control Center as a program. Go into it and make sure your settings are at 50/60Hz and 1920x1280 with 24-bit color. Same specs as your TV's native. If you don't have CCC, you might be able to do it by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting "Graphics Properties" or "Screen Resolution" and fixing it from there.

bread's done
Back