Monopoly and Scrabble Coming to XBLA? Update: EA's Plans + Screenshot

[quote name='a_bleak_tomorrow']I think my original comments are being a bit misconstrued the reason I like monopoly and risk better is because...[/quote]
1) Complaining about the themes of most Euros is a totally valid stance. Even I get a bit miffed when I have to be a sheep trading longshoreman for the fifteenth time in a row, BUT there are a lot of Euros out there with great themes - even the same ones as found in Risk and Monopoly (i.e land baron, ruler of the world). One of my favorite Euro themes is in Ca$h 'n Gun$ where you play as crooks who just knocked over a bank and have to "negotiate" the split of the loot Reservior Dogs style (i.e point foam guns at each other).

2) The reason Catan and Carc have so many expansions is because they are RIDICULOUSLY popular the world over and make gobs of money. I don't see how their end games are broken either and frankly this is the first time I've ever heard that complaint. The only thing I really hear during a Catan game are "got wood for sheep?" jokes anyway...

3) Euros aren't the only "other boardgames". Check out www.fantasyflightgames.com. Something tells me you would really like those games.

[quote name='ananag112']I hope the Monopoly contains various themes (Halo themed version of Monopoly anyone?)[/QUOTE]

for only 200 ms points!

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']for only 200 ms points![/QUOTE]

Sadly, I could see us getting maybe ONE free theme (and it'll suck) but the other themes going for 250-350 :whistle2:(

update again:

screenshot:
1635_0001.jpg

LOL @ EA! No online multiplayer for the retail Monopoly game coming out in October.

they just lost all their sales..

[quote name='glockant']LOL @ EA! No online multiplayer for the retail Monopoly game coming out in October.

they just lost all their sales..[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why there's no online support for this.

Wow, fuck that. I would have been all over Monopoly with at least 4 player online play. What were they thinking? No one wants to play single player Monopoly, and it'll be very difficult to regularly have 3 other people over who are interested in playing a 3 hour game.

bread's done
Back