Monster Boy and more $20 switch gamestop

sevast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I saw that FDG said that Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom Switch is getting one last print in the US. Tweet:

https://twitter.com/JPSWITCHMANIA/status/1171111908293918720

I had been waiting for it to drop in price, but thought that since Amazon and Target are out of stock that maybe I should just buy it at BestBuy. On a whim, I checked Gamestop and it's $19.97! I had no issues price matching to BestBuy so I wouldn't have to pay shipping. 

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/monster-boy-and-the-cursed-kingdom/10158866.html

I think earlier this week it was already said that Flashback classic, Salt and Sanctuary, and The princess Guide are also $20 at Gamestop. I did notice that TruberBrook is also $20.

If you look, Monster Boy is not available online at GameStop. It's hard to tell because the website is poorly done but the page defaults to the used version and you have to click New to see that it's not available online. I also had Best Buy price match a few days ago.

it is not available online and not at any store 100 miles from here, i tried to PM to bestbuy and they said they could'nt because it's not available online

Gamestop has a lot of deceptive listings, so you may want to check the listings first to make sure that it's something that's gettable, rather than just a listing.

Yeah I just tried price matching and they wouldn't do it since it was not instock.  I didn't realize it defaulted to used when I reached out to them so it was showing up that I can add it to my cart.

Atari Flashback Classics on Switch is also down to $19.97, which is notable because it is hard to find outside of EBay and Amazon Marketplace type sellers, and definitely not for under $30.  Of course I ordered it and Truberbrook from the website and both were gutted copies.  Sticker on the side was a pain in the ass to come off cleanly too.  I'm probably done from buying online from Gamestop unless it is a Gamestop exclusive, or way too good of a deal to pass up.

Any zip code or city that the new Switch version is in stock so that I can get a Best Buy price match?
None, that is why it is very YMMV. First chat told me no because of stock online was 0. Second chat asked for my zip code and still price matched it. Just try it. Spend 7 minutes to try and save 20

None, that is why it is very YMMV. First chat told me no because of stock online was 0. Second chat asked for my zip code and still price matched it. Just try it. Spend 7 minutes to try and save 20
lucky you, i've been on the chat 2 times and neither one has given me the pm

Thanks for all the info! I was going to check some GameStop’s this weekend and try to price match at Best Buy if I couldn’t find it. But with such low stock I tried chat. The First Lady wouldn’t do it because it was sold out. The second did it no questions asked and even gave me one day shipping. Always happy to add a switch game to the collection especially for such a good price!

Thanks for posting! I got lucky and got the price match first try from BB even though no stock online or anywhere within 100 miles of me. Been wanting this game!

it is not available online and not at any store 100 miles from here, i tried to PM to bestbuy and they said they could'nt because it's not available online
I came up with the same thing searching on Gamestop.com. But I did a search on Google Shopping and found a couple of Gamestop stores nearby that had "Limited Stock". I took a chance during lunch today and went to one of those stores and they did in fact have it in stock.

I don't think on gamestop's website that the game is "not in stock" at any store within 100 miles, i think it's just not "available for in store pickup". Try searching for the game using Google Shopping.

Good luck and thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my local Best Buy has 2 copies of Monster Boy PS4.. So if I show them the Gamestop price and ask to price match I should be good right?

The Switch version is now showing In Stock for $19.97. Placed an order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too successfully got a Best Buy price match. Looks like its not available again at GS

bread's done
Back