Monster Game XG SSGS-500 5.1 Surround Speaker System for X-Box

somahead33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Didn't see this listed. Not the greatest surround system in the world but for those of you still gaming on the Xbox, this may be right up your alley. I have no idea if this is compatible with the Xbox360, but I do know that it works with Xbxo-PS2-GC. Hopefully another CAG can clear up any confusion.

$44.95 shipped from Midnightbox.com
http://www.midnightbox.com/

Not only are they refurbished but they probably don't have an opticial in, just red/white in which is stereo, the same sound out of every speaker, this isn't 5.1 surround sound.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Not only are they refurbished but they probably don't have an opticial in, just red/white in which is stereo, the same sound out of every speaker, this isn't 5.1 surround sound.[/QUOTE]

If this system has a Dolby decoder, it can do 5.1 sound over those two cables. It's encoded, and the decoder separates the signals.

It upsets me that a site I frequent so much failed to mention the true capabilities of these speakers. I should have read a bit further before posting the link up here. Apparently Woot.com offered these up in the past and pointed out that these speakers are capable of spliting the standard stereo signal amongst the speakers for a seemingly louder experience. I apologize if anyone was misled and bought these without knowing the true capabilities. Granted, the description never claims DOLBY-anything, but they are pretty vocal about 5.1 surround sound.

[quote name='Chuplayer']If this system has a Dolby decoder, it can do 5.1 sound over those two cables. It's encoded, and the decoder separates the signals.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but that would be only Dolby Pro Logic II. You need optical/coax for Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS.

bread's done
Back