Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate CAG Group

Played with you for a while today Broly, GG's. Not sure why I confused you with someone I added from another site, similar names I guess

Does anyone have the time and patience to teach me the ropes? I've yet to play online and finished up to the 3* stuff in the main town. I have a phobia of being the group scrub in online games.

[quote name='synnarc']Does anyone have the time and patience to teach me the ropes? I've yet to play online and finished up to the 3* stuff in the main town. I have a phobia of being the group scrub in online games.[/QUOTE]
3 stars, I think you're ready enough to get online. I've played online plenty of times with people who launch me into the air with their great swords or continuously slashing away with their dual swords without stopping so I can get out of the way. As long as you don't do without an occasional "sorry about that" you'll be fine.

You can add me sometime if you'd like to. After making it to G rank with a friend he seemed to have lost interest in playing. Any of you can add me if you'd like.

[quote name='synnarc']Does anyone have the time and patience to teach me the ropes? I've yet to play online and finished up to the 3* stuff in the main town. I have a phobia of being the group scrub in online games.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome to add me, my ID is SgtWiggles. I'm not planning on going past HR3 for a bit until I can get some better gear and start some of the High Rank village quests

ANyone using Circle Pad Pro for the 3DS XL? If so is it good? I'm contemplating on picking this up. Also you maybe we should designate a "room" for CAG?

If your playing solely on the 3DS, then yeah you'd need it. Especially for the underwater battles or maybe if your using a Bow/Bowgun. I couldn't imagine trying to fight Caedeus without it, even Ludroth was giving me trouble underwater

[quote name='frostybroc']ANyone using Circle Pad Pro for the 3DS XL? If so is it good? I'm contemplating on picking this up. Also you maybe we should designate a "room" for CAG?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely get one. I couldn't recommend it more.

I have been reading and watching quite a bit about this game and it looks like it may be a good PSO replacement. I know the games aren't terribly similar but I really enjoy the multiplayer hunting aspect. Is this anyone's first Monster Hunter game? If so, how hard is it to get into and is it worth buying a WiiU for?

[quote name='MrBigFeathas']I have been reading and watching quite a bit about this game and it looks like it may be a good PSO replacement. [/QUOTE]
I've read that is a common comparison, even that Monster Hunter was inspired by PSO. Monster Hunter is a methodical game relying on the player's approach and strategy to the monsters where as you know, Phantasy Star is more hack and slash grinding dungeon crawler.

It's a game that a purchase or a rent may be required in order for you to see if you'll be pleased with the game, the demo is not a good representation of the game. Tri for the old Wii was my first entry to the series and at one point I felt that I couldn't get into the series. I ended up putting more than a hundred hours into it. I feel that with off screen play you'll be able to put many hours into it thanks to that quick handheld session feeling.

[quote name='frostybroc'] I'm contemplating on picking this up. Also you maybe we should designate a "room" for CAG?[/QUOTE]
World C Lobby 3? I usually join games from the search bar but if I ever see a room named CAG in that lobby I'd stop on in. I've added you to my friend list.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrBigFeathas']I have been reading and watching quite a bit about this game and it looks like it may be a good PSO replacement. I know the games aren't terribly similar but I really enjoy the multiplayer hunting aspect. Is this anyone's first Monster Hunter game? If so, how hard is it to get into and is it worth buying a WiiU for?[/QUOTE]

There is a general learning curve but after you learn the ropes you'll be able to play any Monster Hunter game in general with ease. I recommend using a usb keyboard while playing so you can ask questions to other hunters while playing online. In my experience most people are friendly online and very helpful. Of course there's always going to be some party poopers, but most people are willing to help. This is how I learned about most of the nuances of Monster Hunter while playing Tri online on the Wii.

PSO: Episodes I & II on the Gamecube was one of my favorite games last generation and Monster Hunter has generally scratched my itch (still wanting PSO2 though).

Some differences:

PSO has item/weapon drops while with MH you carve and harvest materials in order to create weapons and items. On more advanced quests you'll start getting rarer carves to create better weapons so this is kind of like the rare drops in PSO.

In MH you'll be focusing a lot more on feeling out and learning the movements of the monsters so it's a little less brain dead than PSO in my opinion.

I love both games and for me playing MH online was worth buying a Wii U for. If PSO2 came out for the Wii U I'd be more than thrilled.

[quote name='antlp89'] I recommend using a usb keyboard while playing so you can ask questions to other hunters while playing online.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about the build in mic in the gamepad ;)

I added you to my friend list.

Dropped Gold Ceadeus the other day. I think we should make an official world/lobby for CAG so folks know to go there and more than likely are playing with CAGs.

Woohoo! I just discovered this thread. I just got a Wii U on Friday of last week and having a blast on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Added my name to the first post. Will add you guys!

XeRoFuN | XeRoFuN | Long Sword/Hunting Horn | Pacific | Moderate

[quote name='frostybroc']Dropped Gold Ceadeus the other day. I think we should make an official world/lobby for CAG so folks know to go there and more than likely are playing with CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Congrats, man. I've been sleeping on Tanzia Port. Almost wrapped with my 9* stuff at the village though. I agree on the CAG setup. That would be awesome.

Yeah we should set a dedicated lobby for CAGs, that would be dope. Label it CAG so people know where to go.

I just passed HR58 so if anyone needs help feel free to add me or send me a message if I'm online and we can go on some hunts. :)

Just got a Wii U for my Birthday/Father's day gift. Looking to pick up MH3U when it's on sale at Target in 2 weeks. Currently playing it on the 3DS. Feel free to add me, jedipmping is my ID (unless you pick a different one in game). I'm a newbie to the series, and not far in the 3DS version.

I've had been playing with Capcom Unity members mostly in their lobby HELP D Lobby 10.

I don't think the Monster Hunter community on this site is large or active enough to keep rooms active so I think playing in an adjacent lobby like HELP D lobby 1 would give us a good chance to run into each other as well as have a standby games with Unity members that we also may run into each other in.

EDIT:

Wiki first post is not enabled yet so I can't edit it. I'll be on later this afternoon and I'll see how this works out if anyone reads this.

Also got on the Capcom Unity official stream. That was a nice surprise.

bread's done
Back