CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/380685550149455872

Wii U: $29.99/€29.99 /£24.99 (50% off)
3DS: $19.99/€19.99 /£17.99 (50% off)

Digital Download on the eShop

Last edited by a moderator:
It's fun, I had it for a bit on the 3DS...however there is a VERY steep learning curve.  It's not even so much with the combat and stuff but selling things, making weapons, collecting stuff, it's all EXTREMELY unintuitive.  Be prepared to almost have to consult some guides to fully enjoy this game.

It's also much better with the CPP if you have one (or just on the Wii U), camera isn't terrible without it but like many other things in the game it seems more trouble than it's worth sometimes.

anyone have any suggestions on whether to pick up the 3DS version or the Wii U version?
If you're only buying one the WiiU version is probably the way to go. I don't have any issues with the camera control on 3DS, I set it up on the touchscreen, but a lot of people don't like that without the circle pad pro add on. There's also no online play on the 3DS without going through a WiiU but the 3DS version is portable. I'm happy with the 3DS one overall but most people are probably better with the WiiU version unless portability is more important or you have friends to play with locally.

anyone have any suggestions on whether to pick up the 3DS version or the Wii U version?
Wii U version looks better, obviously, but I find the control options to be better as well. I found it uncomfortable on the 3DS, although the circle pad pro probably helps with that. It's great with a Wii U PRO Controller :) Not to mention the game now features remote play via the gamepad.

Wii U is also better for online play. I think for online play on the 3DS, you have to adhoc it with a Wii U or something.

Hmm...on the one hand, I've had my eye on this game for a while and this is about my price point.

On the other hand, I don't have a WiiU for online play (yet), it's digital, and most importantly, I know that 4 exists and have the patience to wait for it instead.

Decisions, decisions...

No. It's part of Trade 2.
Yep, love the game but I've been regretting not trading it for a profit since the last time I could get that much for it.

Edit- Wow, the digital version is like 2GB which is painful when you've got a 4GB card. Hope it's easy to transfer everything to a bigger card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, love the game but I've been regretting not trading it for a profit since the last time I could get that much for it.

Edit- Wow, the digital version is like 2GB which is painful when you've got a 4GB card. Hope it's easy to transfer everything to a bigger card.
It is easy. I upgraded my 2 to a 16 just by copying via my computer.

I've logged 80 hours into the U version and currently playing the online part the most. I'd like to download it for my 3DS and will have a $10 DDP code after Wind Waker this weekend but I don't know. I'm hoping for a spring localization of MH4 and once that comes out I won't ever play MH3U on my 3DS. 

I'd like to DL just to have MH3U on the go when I'm away from my U but seems like I won't play it all that much especially considering I'm sucked into GTA V right now and so many other holiday games (not to mention a PS4 purchase)

Oh well I might just use my $10 DDP code on Wii Sports Club instead of this

bread's done
Back