Monster Hunter Series Confusion

RabbitSuit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey folks, I received picked up a PSP and now I'm looking into building a library of games. Monster Hunter perked my interests since, well, this
monster-hunters-g-psp.jpg

So damn sexy.

Problem is, I looked up the series and there's a fairly long chain of them for the PSP. They're separated by languages, but apparently each one builds upon another.

It may sound odd, but I'm just wondering if I should stick to all of a regional's games. Or if the differences are significant enough to warrant jumping between them.

You don't need to play past monster hunter games to understand what is going on. Each new one is really just an improvement rather that a continuation of a story. I would just get MH: freedom unite ( US) or MH: portable 3rd if you want the latest from Japan.

A PS3 is also nice so you can use it to play MH online.

Each one builds on the last, but like skubish said, it's more like each game piles on a bunch of new features and bosses rather than continuing a story from the last game. There's no plot in Monster Hunter really. You should pick up MHFU since it's the latest in the US and is what everyone will be playing online.

Good luck hunting, and have fun! After I got past the learning curve, it became my favorite PSP game by far.

Well that's kinda good and bad to hear. I already picked up the first title here for the PSP. To be honest, I'm not really enjoying it at all. Kinda shocked that there's no real plot in them. That's a major let down.

I think I'll play around with MHF for a bit, and if I can get into it, I'll move onto the latest.

Also, the Load Screens are ticking me off.

:whistle2:? Bad timing, oh well.

I know you just got MHF, but you should consider picking up MHFU, maybe from the PSN store since I think it's currently on sale for $15. (Totally worth it if you end up getting into it.) The digital version will cut down load times significantly, especially if you have a high speed memory stick.

Also if you have a PS3, Capcom is doing a community hunt tomorrow afternoon where people meet up on Adhoc Party and go kill the first boss in the game. I'll be joining in and it would be a great intro to the game if you can make it. The roughest part about MH is just how much there is to learn when you're getting started, and being able to team with a bunch of people who can explain stuff would make it that much easier.

bread's done
Back