Monster Hunter Tri - March 30, 2010?

Droenixjpn

CAGiversary!
This thread is for the general discussion of Monster Hunter Tri.

NOTICE -

I saw Amazon had a release date for this game and it was March 30, 2010, so the release date may change.

ecology_rathian_preying_on_an_aptonoth_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

lagiacrus2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

lagiacrus1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

I agree completely, I doubt there will be, but we don't know until Capcom says if there will be or not... :p

If there is, there is also a Single-Player mode I read.

Oh gawd, just release this already.

My cheap ass is actually going to pay full price for this when it launches.

I'm curious about online mode too.

One of my biggest video gaming regrets is having a copy of Monster Hunter for PS2, and backlogging it. When I finally got to it, I was never able to take it online as Capcom took the servers down.

Really surprised this is coming to the Wii. It would make more sense if it was brought to the 360 and ported to the Wii. Wii and online multiplayer aren't two concepts that really go together.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Really surprised this is coming to the Wii. It would make more sense if it was brought to the 360 and ported to the Wii. Wii and online multiplayer aren't two concepts that really go together.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I would say they don't go together it's just not a feature that is as common as the other two systems. Capcom as a whole has taken a lot more interest in adding online to their games when it comes to the wii.
a lot more so for the NA audience.

They won't be using Nintendo servers for this game. They said awhile ago they are using their own and reworking them for the NA release so things can run as smoother. They are also looking at adding WiiSpeak features into the NA release.

No word yet on if it will be p2p here, but that won't stop me from picking this game up at all. This and Dragon Quest 10 have been the games I have been waiting on.

@Blue, I kinda have to shrug at those reviews when Famitsū gave the game a 40/40.

You will love this game if you love Monster Hunter, you will hate this game if you hate Monster Hunter.

Probably the people who gave it bad scores either, don't have a good internet connection, don't like Monster Hunter, or just can't play that good.

Either way, definately looking forward to this release.

[quote name='LostRoad']This and Dragon Quest 10 have been the games I have been waiting on.

@Blue, I kinda have to shrug at those reviews when Famitsū gave the game a 40/40.[/QUOTE]
Forgot about that, but nowadays I take Famitsu scores with a grain of salt (same with Amazon scores, but I just thought the range of user reviews there was interesting).

Also, can't wait for DQX either. Hopefully its appearance on the Wii means more JRPGs on the system in general.

[quote name='blueshinra']

Also, can't wait for DQX either. Hopefully its appearance on the Wii means more JRPGs on the system in general.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we have a few coming out that could be pretty good. Though really with this game and DQX I am happy.

I'm sad that they got rid of gunlance (I'm a gunlance expert)

I'll prolly use slash axe and hammer

next mh game should be for the ps3 so I can import my unite character

I am really excited about this game, finally get some online action outside of Mario Kart on my Wii. Course if there is an online fee, my group and I will just pass on it regardless.

I believe they won't have any subscription fees, because it is not as popular in America, and if they did subscription fees, not many would buy the game. So, they are probably going to play it safe, and not charge to play online for this game.

But, that doesn't stop them from implementing the feature in the future.

I've heard a lot of good things about MH but never played any of the games, looking forward to this especially since it will give me a hopefully good Wii exclusive to brag about :)

Same, never played any MH games, but I've seen it and the game looks awesome.

Can't wait to play Unite, this christmas. :D

bread's done
Back