Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) + $10 coupon for $38.24 at Gamestop.com

Jack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
177 (100%)
The price of Monster Hunter Tri dropped to $44.99 at Gamestop. They are also offering a coupon for $10 off a future order with purchase. When you add it to your cart, you automatically get 10 percent off (making it $40.49) and free shipping. I think this is a glitch though since the 10 percent off is meant for purchases over $65.

EDIT: With the coupon code 15NEW, it's only $38.24 (Thanks orcishlad)

EDIT: Or, if you want two copies, do what I did and buy two games (with 2 $10 coupons) and two classic controllers and use the coupon code 25OFF to get everything for $97.46.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=230142

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just a sale. BM retailers have sales on new releases all the time. Heck one of the reasons I miss Circuit City is they had 10 dollars or more off most new releases within a week of release.

You can get it for $38.24 if you use the promocode 15NEW.

EDIT: The reason I posted this is because I couldn't get the 10% off code to work. I forgot to mention that.

[quote name='orcishlad']You can get it for $38.24 if you use the promocode 15NEW.

EDIT: The reason I posted this is because I couldn't get the 10% off code to work. I forgot to mention that.[/QUOTE]

Even better, thanks. I added that to the OP.

There are a whole pile of games on Gamestop.com that have this promotion right now... for example, Bioshock 2 is only $40 new and comes with a $10 voucher. Some sweet deals if you grab multiple games and use the 25OFF code...

[quote name='orcishlad']You can get it for $38.24 if you use the promocode 15NEW.[/QUOTE]

Or $33.74 if your order is over $100 and you use code 25OFF. :D

[quote name='Darknuke']Wow seriously? That's bullshit... I wish I could return mine and get the price dropped price...[/QUOTE]

I just called and they didn't give me the $5 back but they did give me a $10 off code for a future purchase.

[quote name='Nesrie']It's too bad the bundle is gone from gamestop. so weird.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't expect it to sell out. If you don't mind paying full price, you can get the bundle directly from Capcom's online store. As a bonus, it comes with one of six imported Monster Hunter charms.

[quote name='orcishlad']Yeah, I didn't expect it to sell out. If you don't mind paying full price, you can get the bundle directly from Capcom's online store. As a bonus, it comes with one of six imported Monster Hunter charms.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for mentioning this. I purchased the bundle as a pre-order from gamestop. Unfortunately, a few people now interested seem unable to find the bundle at discount if finding it at all, amazon is out again.

Yeah, the only other place I was able to find PRO Bundles online was Ebay. (They're selling for around $70)

Ok, are the bundles really worth it? I never turn my wii on anymore but Monster Hunter looks pretty great. I'm just worried about the grind and finding people to play with.

The GameTrailer podcast was inferring that the wiimote actually works fine and possibly better. Is the controller bundled with the game unavailable elsewhere?

[quote name='Fatbot3']Ok, are the bundles really worth it? I never turn my wii on anymore but Monster Hunter looks pretty great. I'm just worried about the grind and finding people to play with.

The GameTrailer podcast was inferring that the wiimote actually works fine and possibly better. Is the controller bundled with the game unavailable elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

You can buy the controller separately. It'll cost around $19.99 by itself.

If you plan on getting Monster Hunter, though, I urge you to at least have a regular classic controller. While the Wii Remote controls aren't necessarily BAD, they certainly take some getting used to.

[quote name='orcishlad']You can buy the controller separately. It'll cost around $19.99 by itself.

If you plan on getting Monster Hunter, though, I urge you to at least have a regular classic controller. While the Wii Remote controls aren't necessarily BAD, they certainly take some getting used to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they weren't bad, they were awful. Seriously, had I been stuck with the wii mote nunchuck combo, I probably would have passed over the game. Naturally, this is just a personal opinion but I would never tell anyone to buy this game, and i have told people they should buy the game, without the use of some classic controller. I don't have the regular to compare it too though so I can't say much about the improvement on the PRO only that i like it a lot (aside form the fact that i still have to use the pointer to get monster info)

They've had the price at $44.99 for at least a week now. It was that price before release. Like others said, I think matching other retailers. I haven't had a chance to play mine yet, but hope too soon. I also got the Classic Controller Pro and used the 25OFF coupon, with a pre-order in there I'm probably going to drop at some point.

[quote name='crunchewy']They've had the price at $44.99 for at least a week now. It was that price before release. Like others said, I think matching other retailers. I haven't had a chance to play mine yet, but hope too soon. I also got the Classic Controller Pro and used the 25OFF coupon, with a pre-order in there I'm probably going to drop at some point.[/QUOTE]

Well the great price was on the bundle, which they removed, and then other places bounced around with the SA price but kept the bundle at full price IF they even kept it listed.

Is the $10 coupon a physical coupon? Can it be applied online?

I'm wondering if it's possible to get this deal and use the $10 coupon on a SMG2 order to nab a $20 coupon.

[quote name='Mako1215']15new and 10auto. Make it cheaper then any Pro bundle.[/QUOTE]

If this would work, I'd be in on the deal. Since it doesn't I can wait until a later date.

[quote name='casual_alcoholic']Should I play any of the previous MH games before this one? Or just jump right to 3.[/QUOTE]

Jump right to 3. It starts you out slowly, with nice tutorials introducing all aspects of gameplay until you hit the hard stuff. And online play is sooo much better than the "ad hoc" (local only) multiplayer that the PSP offers. Underwater fighting is a nice addition. Caveat - the pro controller is a must!!! I did not like using the wiimote/nunchuck combo for the demo and am really glad I bought the combo package.

In the PSP games, the tutorials are optional and resources seemed a bit tighter. There seems to be more monsters - but by name only. They're a bunch of re-skins of the same model. And the "claw" hold kills my left index finger, but it is the only way to decently control the camera. And multiplayer totally depends on finding someone else with a PSP and a copy of the game.

Nice thing about the PSP version is that it's portable. :)

I didn't see the $10 coupon, but I ordered the game and the classic controller anyway. With 15new on the game and 10off, the subtotal was 56.23 with free shipping. Add in some gamestop credit and it's shipping to me at 29.23.

Ah, what the hell - this game wasn't even on my radar and there's no way I have any time to play it any time soon, but I ordered it anyway. Got some other stuff and used the 25OFF promo so my total for Monster Hunter Tri was $33.74. Add in the $10 promo and that's not too bad. I'm kind of banking on this being a niche title with a fairly small print run and not being available dirt cheap in huge quantity down the road so I thought that was a good price to get it for now. If I'm wrong, oh well...

The only problem is I have another $10 promo from a daily deal a few weeks back and it doesn't seem to stack with anything. It is really annoying - so I'm not sure how useful these $10 promo codes really are when the other coupons always outdo them anyway. If I could have used that on the order that would have been great. So now I'll have 2 that don't stack with anything (besided Edge) including, I assume, each other... If I could use them on PSN or Club Penguin cards that would be great, but I don't see those listed online.

[quote name='io']Ah, what the hell - this game wasn't even on my radar and there's no way I have any time to play it any time soon, but I ordered it anyway. Got some other stuff and used the 25OFF promo so my total for Monster Hunter Tri was $33.74. Add in the $10 promo and that's not too bad. I'm kind of banking on this being a niche title with a fairly small print run and not being available dirt cheap in huge quantity down the road so I thought that was a good price to get it for now. If I'm wrong, oh well...

The only problem is I have another $10 promo from a daily deal a few weeks back and it doesn't seem to stack with anything. It is really annoying - so I'm not sure how useful these $10 promo codes really are when the other coupons always outdo them anyway. If I could have used that on the order that would have been great. So now I'll have 2 that don't stack with anything (besided Edge) including, I assume, each other... If I could use them on PSN or Club Penguin cards that would be great, but I don't see those listed online.[/QUOTE]

Use it on a Pro Controller. If I had bought this, that's what I would do.

If you've one already...Too bad, big spender :D Possibly a second for your significant other?

I don't have one and I almost just put in an order for it. It sucks, though, that it takes away the 10AUTO code that is in there otherwise, and of course no free shipping - so it comes to $13 or $14 I think - really only saving $6 or $7 there. I suppose I could buy 2 of them though.

I get the feeling this is exactly what GS wants with this $10 promo code enticement. They get people thinking, "oh, the game really only cost me $23 instead of $33 because I'm getting this code" when really, to use the code you have to buy yet more stuff ;). But with the way-out-there expiration, I guess I could just hold on to it and see what comes down the pike.

As for being a "big spender", well, I didn't really spend any money anyway - it's all cheap credit!

Late reply, the game and controller came in a couple days ago. My shipment actually came in with 500 wii points card. Pretty cool.

[quote name='llcooljunr']Late reply, the game and controller came in a couple days ago. My shipment actually came in with 500 wii points card. Pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got that with my regular version.

After the price dropped $3 I called in to see if I could get the difference back. After putting me on hold for a while, they said they'd refund $10 (why $10, I don't know - I only asked for the $3 ;)). I wasn't sure how this refund would work considering I used Edge card credit to make the purchase. Then a few days later I got a shipment notification for a GS gift card, but it has been several days and nothing... That is kind of odd.

FWIW, the game came in a padded envelope via UPS and was crushed (the case was broken nearly in half). I had it replaced at my local GS - thankfully with another sealed copy.

I already used the $10 credit to get Glory of Heracles for $7.97 shipped, so that was a good pickup. Now,the question is, when am I ever going to find the time to play Monster Hunter Tri? :lol:

The fact that these coupon codes don't stack with other promos and can't be used on preorders kills their value for me. It's a decent price for tri, and with the $10 code it's even better, but i've had such trouble using the codes that after I pay tax and shipping at GS it isn't worth using them, and I might as well have gotten the game from amazon.

[quote name='Smef']The fact that these coupon codes don't stack with other promos and can't be used on preorders kills their value for me. It's a decent price for tri, and with the $10 code it's even better, but i've had such trouble using the codes that after I pay tax and shipping at GS it isn't worth using them, and I might as well have gotten the game from amazon.[/QUOTE]
I'm starting to worry about that. I'll have $20 in credit that I have a feeling will be tough to use. Thinking about trying to sell it in my trade list, is that allowed?

[quote name='hawaiiboy']the code is good for 2 years.[/QUOTE]
I know, but making this purchase was the first time I had bought anything from Gamestop in probably 4 years. I just don't buy from them often.

[quote name='One4Deuce']I know, but making this purchase was the first time I had bought anything from Gamestop in probably 4 years. I just don't buy from them often.[/QUOTE]

At worst, you could buy a points card from GS.

[quote name='io']Now,the question is, when am I ever going to find the time to play Monster Hunter Tri? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Haha. You're not alone.

If anyone is still looking for the bundle online, you can get it for $59.99 shipped on Newegg. That's where I got mine after Gamestop and Amazon stopped carrying it. They're sold out now, but it says it will be restocked on May 10th.

[quote name='rsrlawman']If anyone is still looking for the bundle online, you can get it for $59.99 shipped on Newegg. That's where I got mine after Gamestop and Amazon stopped carrying it. They're sold out now, but it says it will be restocked on May 10th.[/QUOTE]
Amazon seems to be getting it every now and then, but it seems to just be luck of the draw if you see it in time. Newegg is probably the best choice for now since they actually give a date.

However, if you're not specifically looking for the bundle, you can also just buy MH and the Classic Controller Pro separate and probably get a better deal. I ended up buying both that way for about $48 in addition to a $10 coupon during Gamestop's deal-wars last week.

[quote name='orcishlad']Why a price drop so early? I hope this doesn't mean anything...[/QUOTE]

I'd say it means that the game is on the wrong system.

[quote name='AwRy108']I'd say it means that the game is on the wrong system.[/QUOTE]

No, no. It's clearly Capcom's fault for a lack of advertising.

Source cited: Nintendo Defense Force, issue 5 (p. 62). May 2010.

A good deal. But it's still silly to make a pricy investment for a game that will last a couple months at most. Quality of the game isn't a factor here.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']A good deal. But it's still silly to make a pricy investment for a game that will last a couple months at most. Quality of the game isn't a factor here.[/QUOTE]
...dude what?

I really want this game, but it's already dropping in price, and Lost Planet 2 will fill my giant monster quota until I can get Monster Hunter on the cheap. Helpful post, nonetheless. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='AwRy108']I'd say it means that the game is on the wrong system.[/QUOTE]

I am glad on the Wii. It would probably help if Capcom actually offered any sort of support for the people experiencing problems. It's pretty sad to see all these error codes all over the boards and pretty much no response from Capcom.

bread's done
Back