Monster Hunter Tri

I'm planning to do any honestly, I would love to do 2* quests, but I'm up to help others do their 1* quests.

I can probably head on around 7:30 pm or so, if anyone wants to hunt.

just picked up a keyboard, but the cable is too short! I guess i should finish up my 1* quests offline before i advance.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I'm planning to do any honestly, I would love to do 2* quests, but I'm up to help others do their 1* quests.

I can probably head on around 7:30 pm or so, if anyone wants to hunt.[/QUOTE]

What time zone? I only have the goldfish quest left, so I'll knock that out in the meantime. Just prolly need some help with the urgent quest after that then it'll be 2* time!

There's a new Event Quest for online!

Hunt 4 Great Jaggies!

It's a pretty fun quest. It got me up to HR8, so I'm almost able to get 2-star quests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, there is a second one that just caught my eye as well

Hunt 2 Royal Ludroths!

The earlier one sounds like much more fun. Oh, and I'm at HR10 now.

EDIT: Scratch that, it's pretty fun if you have a good team.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I hear the Wii Speak is full of fail in this game, is it true?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, kinda. It works, but it I'd say it works better in Animal Crossing.

Ha, 4 consecutive Jaggis? I assume they'll be a bigger pain in the ass online than offline, but I think they can be handled. Wonder what a Great Jaggi Head gets you.

Is the 2 Royal Ludroth hunt listed online? The wiki only shows the one event quest. Haven't even seen that guy offline yet, so I don't know if I'll be ready for that quest.

Sweet new event quests, going to head online right now and try to pair up with some people that will do that quest.

(I'm not in school today, so I have the whole morning and early afternoon to play).

Wow glad to see all of you guys HRing up so fast, that means we can finally do 2* quests together. :D

Yeah, the Royal Ludroth Arena Battle is listed online. I didn't recognize it at first, but it's there. If no one dies, the reward is $8,000.

I beat Gobul and unlocked the 4 star quests offline this morning. That's sort of an annoying quest.

Reached HR12, that Jump Four Jaggi quest is pretty awesome, plus the event item gives Fate+10. It's a Jaggi Mask, lol. :D I just need one more Jaggi head to make it, may as well make it since who knows when it will be available again.

If you kill the Qurupeco too, you can get 1400 HR points from that one quest. Definitely worth doing, especially for low levels. Doing it twice can probably get you to somewhere around HR5 or something.

I get annoyed when low HR players leave when you are on a quest. -.- Me and this other guy were doing the Event Quest and he left after he fainted once. *sigh* So I just ended up killing 2 Great Jaggis and taking the reward for the subquest, but only received 2000 Zenny, when I should've gotten 4000 (since the guy left and barely helped).

This is usually why people are unfriendly to new players (if that even happens on Monster Hunter 3).

I want the Mask, and yeah they aren't quaranteed. It's just random I guess. Was fun playing with you Nirran. :D That Rathian was just too much for us, lol.

Yeah that Rathian almost lost it to us but in the end cheated us out of our victory. XD Was fun and hopefully get to play tonight. I wonder if there is anything special from the other event quest. No one really has any info up on it.

I don't think so, I believe it's just hunting for the sport and materials. Only useful if you want Royal Ludroth materials for something.

Time to think of a good way to kill the Rathian, hm.. Fire Res would be good, I think you just need to get higher defense to survive her attacks. I think we need to use less weapons that have a lot of Friendly Fire. I'm going to start to make a lance and see how that works for awhile.

Anyone wanna play soon? Or no?

Either one works. I'll play with you Twanky in like 10-15 minutes if you're up to it. Do I have you added btw? Anyone else up to the challenge of fighting 4 Jaggis and a Qurupeco? It's best with 4 people. :p

Check the manual in your book. There's a section of quests. (I just found this out today).

To capture a Great Jaggi, weaken it until it's limping, after it's limping, place trap down (you get one in the supply box during the beginning of the quest) and use your tranq bombs (that you also get at the supply box during the beginning of the quest).

It's not too hard to do once you get it down the first time, ask Broly he had a hard time as well.

Just got through 6 attempts at the Jaggi quest... lost twice but even with 4 victories I only got 2 Jaggi Heads, so I need to take another shot at it. HR6 now!

Anyone up for a 10pm EST go?

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I might be, but only one. I need to go to bed for school. :/[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm only in for 1 - takes less than an hour so I can get to bed around 11. I'll be in Recruiting > Wisdom 1 > Gate 40 with an Event Quest city.

Getting on now if anyone wants to head on. Q7TGUV

[quote name='botticus']First one was up for a week or so. But they should cycle back around at some point.[/QUOTE]
ah okay thanks :)

Well, since I finished up a big midterm today, I hopped on for about 3 hours.

Defeated my first large Jaggi and then captured one.

I went online and took down some giant creature with 3 other guys who were a lot better than me :lol:

I'm only on 2 star quests, but when do you start getting better armor? I know CK mentioned armor isn't a huge part of the game if you can dodge well, but I'm still stuck with the Hunter gear. Also, I just formed the Ludroth Nail, so I'm happy with weapons so far. Can't wait to unlock longswords.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm only on 2 star quests, but when do you start getting better armor? I know CK mentioned armor isn't a huge part of the game if you can dodge well, but I'm still stuck with the Hunter gear.[/QUOTE]
Again, this is based on the PSP games, but how it worked there is that you unlocked tiers of armor as you got the corresponding monster parts and went through the star ranks.

Until you get some pieces needed to make the armor it won't show up, so if you're not seeing more armor sets as you move up to the 2 star or 3 star or whatever star quests, its because you need to carve some new monsters to get the parts needed to make the armor before the crafter will have it available.

Lagia is way harder to fight in the Flooded Forest than on the Deserted Island. Spent around 30 minutes last night just trying to weaken Lagia so I can cap it... But, that ended with my fainting for the 3rd time and the quest ending. I raged I believe.

Anyway, school time. Will play with you guys later on tonight. :D

bread's done
Back