Mookyjooky's ( HALO2 / HALO 2 ) Multiplayer Tricks of the Trade Section!!

When playing assault on Ivory Tower have one person take the bomb to either the right or the left and the other 3 players go the opposite way, most likely all four opponents will go after the 3 thinking the bomb is with them while your at their base arming the bomb. It worked all 3 times we've tried it.

[quote name='CheapyD']Look what happens when you google "mookyjooky" or "halo2 multiplayer"[/quote]

Mookyjooky is famous. :shock:

Here's your well-deserved BUMP, mooky. ;)

Read 'em all. Very useful. Hopefully it'll help me go from an almost-decent player to a better-than-average player.

Here's a tip:

One of the best weapon combinations in the game is the plasma pistol/battle rifle. Have your plasma pistol out and fully charged. Hit someone with the charged shot and boom, their shield is down. After you release the shot, quickly pull out your battle rifle and shoot a burst into the enemy's head for an easy kill. This combo is ridiculously good.

Same with dual wielding the plasma pistol/magnum. Use the plasma pistol to knock the enemy's shield down, then fire one shot from the magnum into their head for an easy kill.

[quote name='Arikado']Here's a tip:

One of the best weapon combinations in the game is the plasma pistol/battle rifle. Have your plasma pistol out and fully charged. Hit someone with the charged shot and boom, their shield is down. After you release the shot, quickly pull out your battle rifle and shoot a burst into the enemy's head for an easy kill. This combo is ridiculously good.

Same with dual wielding the plasma pistol/magnum. Use the plasma pistol to knock the enemy's shield down, then fire one shot from the magnum into their head for an easy kill.[/quote]

This is true, I used to think this combo sucked since you needed such good aim. But as my skills got better I am able to pull it off. I've heard plenty of people say "Oh Crap" as there entire sheild was tooken down by my charged shot.

What is even more amazing I could swear the charged shot has some type of Auto-Aim. I've seen my shots veer the to the left or right just a bit and land on their target.

The plasma pistol/pistol combo is also deadly. Use that plasma pistol and shot the guy in the head with a pistol and boom, dead in two shots combined.

Also, I don't know if you said this already, but you can "throw" the flag by jumping and letting go of it. This is very useful in CTF matches such as when in Coagulation, let a partner stand on top, and throw it to him so he can get to the portal quickly. Also in Midship, if you use those pillar things that makes you float, you can throw the flag up to your base for someone to catch and you got yourselves two shortcuts right there.

Here is a trick for the Banshee. When someone is jacking you try to crash the banshee head on into something. Everytime I almost get jacked I crash i into the ground or walls and I usually splatter them. Its worked for me 10 out of 15 times. Try it.

Also, people tend to forget, the banshee is NOT all that strong. You can take it down with dual SMG's. The accuracy of the banshee sucks too, like if it's going left, go right, it's one of those vehicles where if it shoots right, it has to fully turn right in order to do so.

Something I learned that was pretty useful was when I am riding on the ghost I always try to have a shotgun equpped as my go to weapon as I get off, this is important because if you get jacked by someone merely look straight ahead as you are falling off and squeeze the trigger, five times in a row the other night I smoked them one shot and was able to hop back on, after figuring this out I just let them board me one after another and smoked them.

[quote name='Arikado']Here's a tip:

Same with dual wielding the plasma pistol/magnum. Use the plasma pistol to knock the enemy's shield down, then fire one shot from the magnum into their head for an easy kill.[/quote]

Two of my favorite combos. I also love using the plasma pistol/SMG. My favorite combo has to be the Magnum/SMG though. Everyone try it, you'll like it. ;)

Anyone that jacks my vehicle tends to get blown up, especially if it's a Ghost.

I end up jumping out before they jack me, and let them have it at close range. Usually kills them and most of the time, the vehicle is still there. Ghost ends up getting blown up, since when you jump out, you end up on the left side, right where that nice "Hit Me Here" fuel tank is at.

Get ready to shit your pants kids.....I have something very, VERY special for you very soon.

Lets just say that "weapon placement map" last night was only a taste.

[quote name='Daywalker']Also, people tend to forget, the banshee is NOT all that strong. You can take it down with dual SMG's. The accuracy of the banshee sucks too, like if it's going left, go right, it's one of those vehicles where if it shoots right, it has to fully turn right in order to do so.[/quote]

Yea people try to hit you head on with that thing. The best way to use it, is to get right above the person you sare attacking because it is hard to shoot at someone right above you

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Get ready to shit your pants kids.....I have something very, VERY special for you very soon.

Lets just say that "weapon placement map" last night was only a taste.[/quote]

When did we get this special suprise?

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mookyjooky']Get ready to shit your pants kids.....I have something very, VERY special for you very soon.

When did we get this special suprise?[/quote]

I think he posted it in the clan thread last night.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mookyjooky']Get ready to shit your pants kids.....I have something very, VERY special for you very soon.

When did we get this special suprise?[/quote]

I think he posted it in the clan thread last night.[/quote]

What was it? You mean the weapons placement map? I saw that. I was trying to find out when we get the new suprise.

[quote name='CheapyD']This thread is now the #1 Google result for:
halo 2 multiplayer tricks[/quote]

Yowza. He ain't lyin' folks. :shock: That's pretty damn impressive.

Congratulations Mooky! Really impressive considering how much material is floating around on the subject matter. When is the surpise coming? A spawnpoint map? Trick jump site map?

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='CheapyD']This thread is now the #1 Google result for:
halo 2 multiplayer tricks[/quote]

Yowza. He ain't lyin' folks. :shock: That's pretty damn impressive.[/quote]
Yeah, that is impressive. I'd expect to see some place like www.HighImpactHalo.org or halo.bungie.org

In Waterworks grab a sniper rifle and Battle rifle jump in the banshee and take a left right away. that concrete arch is an excellent sniping spot and makes it easier to shoot out the stalactites.

bread's done
Back