Moola.com Thread - 166 Invites Available! Hi/Lo Betting Guide for Levels 1-15 Inside!

Only at Level 5 right now, but I just started today. I'm going to play for a few weeks and do the same as you, try to get to level 16 and get myself a ps3

[quote name='jodyanthony']Only at Level 5 right now, but I just started today. I'm going to play for a few weeks and do the same as you, try to get to level 16 and get myself a ps3[/QUOTE]

Thats not bad for one day. If I were you though, I wouldn't bother playing through the first 6 or 7 levels. Just use search and win, since those levels aren't really worth playing through. They're the most frustrating of all.

There's a pretty awesome betting strategy that fly_fisher at moola.com forums wrote for Hi/Lo. I'm going to stick with it and see where it goes...It looks like it works pretty well since the person wrote it up to Level 15.

I went ahead and added it to the OP

Depending on how long it takes to get to level 10, it may be wise to just keep playing for $10 and cashing out.

I found a new helper site:

http://www.moolahelper.com

It basically puts moola.com in a frame and then it gives you a little side box that has a helper. It's pretty helpful for hi/lo

UPDATE: Woohoo! With this helper, and the percentages it gives, I'm at 53 cents from 19 cents or so

AMAZING: I just one 4 games in a row with the exact same strategy:

If a game of Gold Rush starts with a 1, play your one. There's a good chance the other guy will play a 1. It'll be a tie, so then play your 6. Often times people won't play a 1, or a 6, so you'll get something good. Then keep playing to avoid ties, and you'll win!

I just posted this in a new thread, but I was told that this thread already existed (somehow I missed it :roll:). Anyway, I just wanted to let people know about this site I worked on... http://winmoola.net. It has general strategies, game specific strategies, tools to help you win and you can post your auto-invite links on the main page.

Hi/Lo Strategy:

Whenever you play, always lock/lock & change on the 4th card down (unless you've locked on the 3rd). Then lock again on either the 6th card down, and play however you feel for the rest of it. The reason you have to lock, is because I can't tell you how many times I've had a King, Queen or an Ace, and chosen "Lower" and gotten a higher card.

EDIT: Just thought I'd post this, but there is someone on Moola.com forums that has cashed out $243 and $333-ish in the same month. The username was macnook. The guy says he plays Hi/Lo and just makes sure he plays carefully. He said he wins less than 50% of his games!

I have 32 cents so far after playing about 2 hours of only hi/lo. Do the other games win you more money faster or should i stick to what iv'e got?

[quote name='Cosmic M']I have 32 cents so far after playing about 2 hours of only hi/lo. Do the other games win you more money faster or should i stick to what iv'e got?[/QUOTE]

It really depends on what game you play best. My favorite game is Hi/Lo, but if you haven't tried Gold Rush, you probably should. You may find that you're better at it.

Check the OP for some Gold Rush Helpers (counts what pieces you've used) and some general playing tips.

BTW: I've added any links pm'd to me recently.

I'm best at Hi/Lo, I have since lost most of my money and now only have 8 cents. I see that as a learning experience as i now know to bet much less money per game. My new goal is to go up one level every day, so if i follow strictly, I can have a whole bunch of money in just a few weeks time.

Also, I find that counting the cards of both you and your opponent makes it easier to win the game, knowing both of your probabilities.

Also, how long have you been on the site and how much money have you earned thus far? I want to know just so i can get a feel for how long it ACTUALLY takes to make money and how long my mind thinks it should.

[quote name='Cosmic M']I'm best at Hi/Lo, I have since lost most of my money and now only have 8 cents. I see that as a learning experience as i now know to bet much less money per game. My new goal is to go up one level every day, so if i follow strictly, I can have a whole bunch of money in just a few weeks time.

Also, I find that counting the cards of both you and your opponent makes it easier to win the game, knowing both of your probabilities.

Also, how long have you been on the site and how much money have you earned thus far? I want to know just so i can get a feel for how long it ACTUALLY takes to make money and how long my mind thinks it should.[/QUOTE]

I signed up, I think 2 years ago. I never really played though. I played for a few days at that time, and didn't try very hard. They didn't have Hi/Lo back then and I wasn't very good. Then I tried again a year later or so, and played when they had Hi/Lo. I didn't play a whole lot, and didn't get far.

Then, I played a few months, or half a year ago, and just played a little bit when I was bored. The highest I got was $5.28 or something like that. I didn't bet safely, and I lost it all. Now I started playing again recently, but wasn't betting smart. I got to, I think maybe $2, but I lost it all by going all in.

Now I found that Hi/Lo betting guide that I found at Moola forums, which I put into the OP. It should work fairly well. It accounts for losing streaks in Hi/Lo, so I suggest you follow it.

I'm going to use Search & Win to get to $.64 or a $1, and then start playing again.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']They really should have more skill-based games in Moola. It would no doubt increase the traffic of the site.[/QUOTE]

You would be surprised, but there's actually a lot of skill involved in all the games. It's really about reading your opponent's strategy and such.

Hi/Lo is probably the best game for beginners, because it's the one game that doesn't require you to read other people's strategy. You really have to know where to lock. Sometimes you'll get super-unlucky, but that's where the betting guide in the OP comes in. I think my win pattern is that for every 2 or 3 games I play, I'll lose one, so I have to be careful about betting.

I don't want to mess around with being stuck at level 6 and below, so I'm going to use Search & Win to build myself back up.

I like to lock on the 3rd or 4th card in depending on what card I'm at. Then I'll usually lock on the 6th-8th card in depending on what card I have.

[quote name='quadomatic']You would be surprised, but there's actually a lot of skill involved in all the games. It's really about reading your opponent's strategy and such.
[/quote]

Or, how well the computer gives you odds :applause:. Nah, seriously, the only game I have found to have SOME sort of skill is Gold Rush, and even that has some sort of luck involved in it.

They really should have games that rely on skills to win, such as Poker, shoot-em-ups, party-puzzle games (like bomberman), UNO, etc. etc. Wouldn't you think those games would be more appealing, fun, and overall, attract more players? The money lost/won would also be more deserving.

As for Hi/Lo, I almost always lock+change when there is a 50/50 card, such as 7, 8, 9.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Or, how well the computer gives you odds :applause:. Nah, seriously, the only game I have found to have SOME sort of skill is Gold Rush, and even that has some sort of luck involved in it.

They really should have games that rely on skills to win, such as Poker, shoot-em-ups, party-puzzle games (like bomberman), UNO, etc. etc. Wouldn't you think those games would be more appealing, fun, and overall, attract more players? The money lost/won would also be more deserving.

As for Hi/Lo, I almost always lock+change when there is a 50/50 card, such as 7, 8, 9.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I do think those types of games would be more fun. I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on those types of games right now.

Great! After 30 minutes of playing smart with Hi/Lo I'm at 46 cents up from nothing!

Hopefully my new locking strategy will pay off and I'll get to $600 soon.

I just have incredably bad luck, i have lost all of my money, and i was not making foolish bets, just playing by the book, but getting insanely bad luck on my cards every time!

[quote name='Cosmic M']I just have incredably bad luck, i have lost all of my money, and i was not making foolish bets, just playing by the book, but getting insanely bad luck on my cards every time![/QUOTE]

Were you following the betting guide?

Highlightshow: Nice! I hope you can break $10 soon.

BTW: I added more referral links

All right, I got 25 cents off this mornings wheel (was soooo close to 9000, it was in there, and just tipped the arrow to the next one) and i am going to bet little all the way.

I really do believe that what goes around comes around in this game.

I have gone from scratch to 24 cents today because after my losing streak, i am now on a hot streak, and i see my opponents going cold.

TWO times alone today, a guy locked with a ten, so yea, that is 3 lives left in the beginning with a 10 going, and they got 3 cards in a row that were higher, and busted.

So my point is, if it seems that nothing ever goes your way, keep on truckin because it happans to everybody.

Nah, I just retired from playing the Moola tower. Spend too much time getting too little money from those computer-odds games (they REALLY should introduce skill games). I am still going to play the booster wheel, which seems to be the best chance for me at getting good money.

I have come to the conclusion after playing a bunch of games, that it is near impossible to win any money playing hi/lo because no matter how good your betting strategy or locking discepline is, you are bound to lose because it depends to much on luck.

If i cant get good at gold rush or roh sham bo, i too will retire to the wheel.

EDIT: Nah screw it, you are right, far to much time, far too much luck, it isint worth it, ill just play the wheel for the 9k.

Gold Rush is pretty good. That is very skill based, and if you know what you're doing, you can definitely move up in that.

Like for me, my system is to avoid ties when my opponent has better pieces than me, and when my opponent has worse pieces than me, to do what I can to get into a tie.

anybody know the exact times to make the wheel spin? I think I usually get it in the 7AM hour and the 11PM hour but cant figure out the others.

[quote name='HighlightShow']I usually just do it all throughout the day. I get it about 3 times a day.[/QUOTE]

Yea, just try it every so often.

Don't expect to get anything high. I've never gotten anything more than 10 cents, but it helps to get out of the lower levels.

A few people have claimed to have spun $100. If I got that much, I'd just play a bunch of $1 and move up...

I'd say make a legit search every 3 hours or so. It works.

Yesterday I won $0.25 cents form the wheel, spending only an amazing 24 seconds of my time.

I have gotten $1 once, but mostly it is nickels and dimes, just once it was in 9000, and just flicked over to the next one and stopped, i was mad angry.

[quote name='Cosmic M']I have gotten $1 once, but mostly it is nickels and dimes, just once it was in 9000, and just flicked over to the next one and stopped, i was mad angry.[/quote]

I think the 9000 is just there for show. Like shit anyone is going to get it.

What happaned to the 9000 just happaned again only with the 100, i gotta believe it is possible to hit the 100, otherwise how to people get so much money?

I have gotten $5 once, $1 twice and $.50 a few times. The wheel is a great booster, especially if you've been down all day it's nice to see that $1 or $.50 pop up.

Just check about every few hours (if you can) and see if you can spin it again. I find my average is 2 spins a day, with sometimes getting 3 or 4.

$9000, to my knowledge has never been hit. $100 has been hit at least once (they publicized it in the news section the last time it was. About a month ago)

No, I'm verified but they don't send to Quebec or to PO Boxes.
[quote name='HighlightShow']Not verified?[/quote]

[quote name='naes']No, I'm verified but they don't send to Quebec or to PO Boxes.[/quote]
That sucks. You should just send it to a relative's address then.

bread's done
Back