Moon - Sci-fi fps

homeland

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
I just picked this up and enjoying it. Its suprisingly pretty fun for a FPS on the DS. I haven't heard much about it. The reviews seem midrange and I can understand why but its a pretty original title. The controls can get tire the hands ( move with the directional pad, aim and look with styles, and shoot with L button).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki37uugUmmw&feature=related

So anyone else playing this?

the dude at gs told me about this and I looked into it. I hadn't heard of it but man, it looks sweet. I've been eyeballing it since.

Just for reference sake, this is from, developers, Renegade Kid, who developed Dementium: The Ward (another impressive first-person shooter for the DS).

I enjoyed Dementium and will definitely buy this soon.

i played Metroid DS and didn't find it too tiring. I think this is a title i'd like to play via GameFly. I don't see a need to own it. Maybe Cheapy can get me a Gamefly memebership for a year?

I gave this game a try on a friend's DS, and while I was instantly drawn to it, I find the little screen frustrating to play on. After the first save point, the second one seemed so long in coming. I hated having to keep pushing on, hoping to find the save point. When I finally died before ever coming to the second save point, it felt like a cheap death, as it wasn't until I nearly died that I discovered an object I should have been shooting at. The screen is just so small, that when there are three enemies shooting at you, you feel very disorientied as you whirl about trying to engage them all.

My god two days after the game is released it gets its own thread. :bomb:

I've been following this game since it was announced around March of '08, just haven't had the time to start the thread.

Anywhooo.....Moon is a fantastic game that MUST be played and owned by anyone who has a DS and enjoys FPS/adventure games. Moon graphically surpasses anything I have ever seen on the DS. The game can become a bit repetitive (levels/enemies looking similar) but it is very creative with how the addition of your R.A.D (remote access droid) helps in solveing puzzle aspects to unlock doors/passages in order to progress. (please read the IGN review for it)

I could keep typeing about this game, but I should leave this with, if you a interested in this at all, please pick this title up, it is simply a fantastic game.

Just finished this game today and it was worth the $20 at GS for me. I thought the screen, sound, speed, and general atmosphere of game were excellent. It was a nice break from my backlog of rpgs. The save points seem to become more frequent as you progress through the game.

The control scheme killed my hands a bit and I think my left arm went numb at one point. The variety of enemies/bosses/levels is minimal, though I didn't mind too much since the alien weapons
the shotgun, rocket launcher and seeking missiles
lend some nice variation to the action in the final levels.

Would be sweet to have some multiplayer options
especially since the walking alien/mech enemies don't really provide a moving target. They don't strafe or use much AI when attacking beyond walk forward/shoot
because the shooting and speed of the game are well done.

bread's done
Back