More 4 old games for 1 new one deals?

Mattte

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
EDIT: Speaking of which, just got back from EB.. gave me a flyer saying that you can get either Sonic Heroes, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance III, Prince of Persia or Final Fantasy X-2 when you trade in the 4 non-sports games.

EDIT II: Checked another flier, deal's good on MTX Mototrax, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, Tenchu: Return from Darkness, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Driv3r (Driver 3) and Silent Scope Complete as well.

Can anyone else confirm. Haven't been to EB in about a week, so these could be new. I would like to pick up a few of these games myself.

Just a quick question about the 4 non-sport trade-in....is it still good for NFL Street? I still have a couple $5 Gun Griffon Blaze and Silpheed lying around.

[quote name='PrinceNeil']Just a quick question about the 4 non-sport trade-in....is it still good for NFL Street? I still have a couple $5 Gun Griffon Blaze and Silpheed lying around.[/quote]

according to the coupon the deal goes on till 2/4 or 2/6 i think.

Wait.. It works on Harvest Moon also?!?! And Metal Gear Solid, and Driver 3??

Can you scan and host this ad for me.. Or can anyone confirm it?

So, what do you guys do? Buy 4 cheap $5 games whenever there is a deal on them, take them in there and get the new game? I have always hated the idea of trading in games, but if thats how you do it, it makes plenty of sense

The ads should be available in store one is a 2 page flyer (black/red) that has COMING SOON across the top, and the other offers are on the front page of the WINTER 04 catalog.

The ones on the 2 page flyer all expire on the games release date. The catalog ones (FFX-2, BGDA 2, Sonic Heroes, and Prince of Persia) expire 2/28/04.

Masterkyo : no the Prince/splinter or Prince/4 trade are seperate deals cannot be combined.

It only says Non-sports games so they should have accepted Fantavision and Gungrave. I traded in my $5 games including those 2 and Silpheed and Onimusha for Sonic Heroes.
About NFL Street, do you have a picture or link to the coupon for the trade-in? Because my EB said it was only for the pre-order of NFL Street and it ended already.

I went to EB today but I only saw the ad for trade in 4 games get MTX Mototrax, Harvest Moon, Tenchu, MGS:The Twin Snakes, Driv3r or Silent Scope for free.

I'll probably go back again tomorrow to do another trade in but today I traded in Jet Set Radio Future, Splinter Cell, Pac Man and Lost Kingdoms for Fable.

The games that EB will accept for the trade in offers vary by store, I tried to trade in the same games at a different EB a few days ago but they would not take Jet Set Radio Future or Splinter Cell.

EB wouldn't accept Sled Storm PS2 when I tried to use it for the 10 games/+$10 each promotion at the beginning of the year.

[quote name='dcfox']Does anyone know if they'll take a game without the book?[/quote]

No, you're required to have the instructions whenever you do one of their trade-in promotions.

[quote name='mikeb512'][quote name='dcfox']Does anyone know if they'll take a game without the book?[/quote]

No, you're required to have the instructions whenever you do one of their trade-in promotions.[/quote]

Yes, your supposed to have the case and instructions but it really varies from store to store. On several ocassions I've traded in games to EB and they didn't even open the case to see if the game was inside.

Anybody know why that is? I mean don't they sell preowned games without booklets for the same price as the ones with books.

It's either because A) they forget/don't bother to open the game and look for everything that's supposed to be there like S_G mentioned, or B) they get a shipment from another store or the warehouse that contains games w/o the instructions. Either way though, they're *supposed* to have the game manual, but that doesn't mean they always check.

Went to 4 different EBGames in San Diego and none of them had the 4 for 1 deal on the games mentioned at the top of the thread. They still were doing the 4 for 1 on DOAOnline, Pokemon Colloseum, FF:Crystal Chronicles, and NFL Street. They were also still doing the FFXI deal. I was even able to look at their promotions binder and they weren't listed there either. Sounds like this might be a regional deal or something...

-Nouv'

[quote name='TallyGator']
The games that EB will accept for the trade in offers vary by store, I tried to trade in the same games at a different EB a few days ago but they would not take Jet Set Radio Future or Splinter Cell.[/quote]

On what grounds do they refuse to take a game? It seems to me that unless they're explicit about not accepting particular titles, they'd have to take whatever is not specifically mentioned (i.e. last year's sports titles). I don't have the offer in front of me so I can't refer to the fine print...

I called my EB yesterday and they said the only deal on now is when you trade in your games they'll throw $5 credit on top of the current value for each game...poo, but I live in Canada so..

I just got Final Fantasy X-2 yesterday. They sales guy was having trouble ringing it up because there wasn't a coupon code, but he gave it to me anyways. I guess maybe the promotion doesn't start into later.

I recently sent in 4 games for the Ninja Gaiden deal.....still waiting for my voucher code. I heard someone say a while ago that you don't have to use the voucher on Ninja Gaiden (you can just get any $50 game you want). Can anyone confirm this for me?

[quote name='optimusprime']I recently sent in 4 games for the Ninja Gaiden deal.....still waiting for my voucher code. I heard someone say a while ago that you don't have to use the voucher on Ninja Gaiden (you can just get any $50 game you want). Can anyone confirm this for me?[/quote]

You can use the coupon codes on whatever you want. The codes are also stackable. I did the Ninja Gaiden deal twice, and used the coupon codes to get a GBA SP system.

I don't think I've seen these posted... my bad if they are
EB Games.
Saw this in the february issue of electronics gaming magazine. expires 2/6/04
4 Non-Sport games plus $9 = Gost Recon Jungle Storm coupon code is ebc3003332
Sonice heros samething deal. code ebc3003340

I went to my local EB today (St. Petersburg, FL), and they couldn't find this promotion. Does anyone have a scan of the coupon or flyer for this?

Thanks!

Mine have it now.

The one didnt have any info and I went ot another one and it did.

I dont have a scanner or anything or I would scan it for you guys.

Keep checking it will show up and the games dont come out till March so you have plenty of time!

I've called and had these confirmed:

ANY NON SPORTS GAMES including cheap games like Fantavision and Strech Panic.

You get:

Persia of Persia

OK WATCH OUT.....

Ok so I jumped on the deal at my EB.

First I want to say that I think it depends on what store you get because you should have no problems doing any 4 non sports for the deal.

If you strike out then come back when they are busy and the same guy/gal isnt working and try again I have had no problems even trading in POX titles.

SECONDLY THIS IS THE REAL NEWS.

Did anybody notice that say Twin Snakes is listed at $39.99 in their flyer?Well heres the catch, so watch closely....

They are giving you $39.99 credit towards the game but if the official price is say $49.99 (most likely) then you have to pay the difference of $10.00 plus the tax...

So its not as sweet as it seems. Also I am guessing they did this because it sounds better than saying 4 games and $9.99 for Twin Snakes....

Anyway be prepared to spend another 10 plus your states tax upon pickup of any of the $39.99 games that actually retail for $49.99

I did the trade four for Twin Snakes and they gave me $50 credit. Since Twin Snakes is only $40 I got the balance (minus tax) on a gift card.

[quote name='Togepy']Twin Snakes retails for $40.
Cheap ass link
[/quote]

Great then I was wrong....

The thing is I thought the price was not announced yet? The other weird thing is when i preordered Harvest Moon (today right after the Twin Snakes Preorder) I had to pay the $2.xx sales tax.

The guy told me because they know that Harvest Moon is going to retail for $39.99...

But he said they havent got confirmation on Twin Snakes.

I figured he wasnt wrong because the computer prompted me to pay the tax now on Harvest Moon but didnt do so on Metal Gear....

Oh well great if I am wrong... saves me $10

Ok this is awesome, but you have to give a little more. They have a deal online that just started. You turn in 5 games and get a coupon to get Halo 2 for free.
Also, they switched the online deal for Ninja Gaiden to 5 games as well. Does anyone know if you can still only turn in 4 and get it at the stores

I'm gonna trade in World Rally Championship and Micro Machines and Twisted Metal Black and possibly Space Channel 5.

Does anyone know if any of these are excluded?

bread's done
Back