More BB clearance titles, YMMV of course

justinbarnhill

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
i have never scored any decent deals at Best Buy before this weekend.....picked up the following:

Spiderwick Chronicles 360 - $4.99
NFL tour PS3 - $4.99
The Darkness 360 - $4.99
The Simpsons 360 - $4.99
Conan 360 - $4.99
NHL 2K8 - 99 cents :D!!

picked up a few extra and flipped at GS for ~$76 in store cred! thanks BB!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jbroush99']Joined in 2003, CAG veteran, and still don't know what it means?[/quote]

YMMV= Your milage may vary = Hit or Miss essentially depending on your area

I picked up Grand Theft Auto 4 special edition on clearance for $50 at the Best Buy in White Marsh, MD. Both the 360 and PS3 versions were $50.

[quote name='justinbarnhill']i have never scored any decent deals at BB before this weekend.....picked up the following:

NFL tour PS3 - $4.99
[/quote]

Really I saw NFL Tour yesterday at BB for $19.99, i guess YMMV. I might have to check it out again today after work.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Can you list the location of this store or region please?[/quote]

sorry, Birmingham, AL....so southeast region.

i was floored by that NHL 2K8 price...$9 tiv @ GS

[quote name='msuna']i doubt i will ever find a clearance like that at my bb[/quote]

Ya, all these great deals never hit my area. NEVER! Not just Best Buy either, Target, Wal-Mart, Circuit City. Unless they are nationwide markdowns I never get squat. The last thing I got was a CC clearance on Stuntman Ignition for $10 ... again that was nationwide. :bomb:

[quote name='justinbarnhill']sorry, Birmingham, AL....so southeast region.

i was floored by that NHL 2K8 price...$9 tiv @ GS[/quote]

ugghhh:bomb:, I never get those deals where I live. Well at least you saved me a trip.:cry:

I have noticed at the BB's here in Colorado that clearance prices are almost NEVER marked on the shelf tags but I have had success finding many of the clearance titles often mentioned on CAG by actually having the rep price check the titles on question. A lot of the time the prices have actually been changed in the computer but the prices were just never changed on the store shelf so don't just check the price tag on the shelf and assume it isn't on sale, always have the rep check the current price.

The Sioux City, IA Best Buy is horrendous when it comes to clearance pricing! They have PaRappa the Rapper PSP for 29.99! That is the "clearance" price. World Tour Soccer 06 PSP is also ridiculous, coming in at the same, 29.99 price.

Ugh.

it would be a sin not to pick up the Darkness for that price. I rented it for like 10 bucks and it's a very deep shooter with an amazing story ( as good or better than GTA 4)

Went to the Best Buy at the Main and Tansit store in Clarence/Williamsville outside of Buffalo. They had a table set up in the front of the store with 50% off titles. There was a decent dumber of PS2, 360, Wii and PS3 games. I don't have a full list of games, but what I remembered seeing were:

360:

Two Worlds Collector's Edition (two copies) $35
Eternal Sonata (two left after snagged one) $20
The Darkness (One left after I got one) $10
F.E.A.R. Standalone expansions (2-3) $20 or $25
Stranglehold
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Some racing games, dunno which.
A soccer game. Dunno which.

PS3
Stranglehold

Wii
Alien Syndrome

Again, there were lots more, I just don't remember what, sorry. I was surprised to see the table there (pleasantly - I was going to pick up Eternal Sonata at $40, as it is getting scarce around here, and I'm an RPG whore.).

The games all had a 50% off sticker under the plastic store case, rang up at full price, and had to be price-corrected by a manager.

Yeah, mine had a box full of XBOX360 games and a nearly empty box of PS3 games. I mainly noticed 19.99 price tags with a 50% off sticker, but knowing best buy, 19.99 was the half off price.

I onyl paid attention to the PS3 games and the only one I remembered was Conan that I did not pick up.

Please stop posting regional (actually store specific) deals here. There is a section for regional deals and it should be utilized. Failing this, there are already several Best Buy YMMV posts you could just join onto instead of cluttering the main deal board with this.

Dragon quest swords for the wii is now only 9.99 at the best buy in athens, GA, btw, if you bought it while it was 24$, you can get them to price match it because I walked up to CS and asked about getting it pricematched, and the manager said that they could just look up my old transaction on my rewards zone card, and she found it and rerang it on the new price and gave me the 14$ back (one of the few reasons that BB is a GOOD business)

bread's done
Back