More Blu-Ray Problems - Die Hard

WiiDSmoker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (97%)
Well, it seems as if there are more problems with companies doing movie conversions to Blu-Ray.

Die Hard will not broadcoast in 5.1 Surround Sound. It is only doing Left and Right speaker Stereo.

I havent tried the other Die Hards, but so far the first Die Hard is not correct.

edit: English is not in 5.1. Surround sound is only in French and Spanish

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']Well, it seems as if there are more problems with companies doing movie conversions to Blu-Ray.

Die Hard will not broadcoast in 5.1 Surround Sound. It is only doing Left and Right speaker Stereo.

I havent tried the other Die Hards, but so far the first Die Hard is not correct.

edit: English is not in 5.1. Surround sound is only in French and Spanish[/quote]

never heard of a problem with Die hard before...only with Die hard 2...

[quote name='rodeojones903']I don't have an issue with mine, but it came from the boxset.[/quote]

christ, mine didnt come from the box set, why are all these boxsets / single releases having problems

[quote name='Jedi1979']never heard of a problem with Die hard before...only with Die hard 2...[/quote]

The only problem I know is that they made Die Hard 4!

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I keep hearing about a lot of problems with Blu-Ray Discs, but none with HD DVDs. Why is that?[/QUOTE]Probably because nobody buys them.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I keep hearing about a lot of problems with Blu-Ray Discs, but none with HD DVDs. Why is that?[/quote]
Since they know HD-DVD is losing, why would anyone report any problems with the format? HD-DVD needs all the help it can get.

Just playing.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I keep hearing about a lot of problems with Blu-Ray Discs, but none with HD DVDs. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

Yea, like the problem with the Harry Potter blu-ray set, where one of the disks was the hd-dvd by mistake. Which was a serious problem because....well...no one has a hd-dvd player. :p

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I keep hearing about a lot of problems with Blu-Ray Discs, but none with HD DVDs. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

There are problems with HD-DVDs, just google '408bc504'. It's a very common disc read error and I just encountered it tonight, on my very first HD-DVD (Bourne Ultimatum). Very frustrating.

The first year of new technology always has kinks to work out, some more than others.

Harry Potter had an HD-DVD for one of the discs instead of BD? That's just rediculous. I bought Wonderfalls on DVD Day Of Release, and I had 2 disc 1&2's instead of 1&2 & 3. Those would both fall under stupidity rather than kinks.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']Well, it seems as if there are more problems with companies doing movie conversions to Blu-Ray.

edit: English is not in 5.1. Surround sound is only in French and Spanish[/quote]
I didn't notice when I originally watched it. Just tried mine again and it is using the surround speakers, but just barely. Seems t be the same as the French 5.1 soundtrack.

The review here agrees with the poor mix: http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1105/diehardcollection.html

[quote name='TimPV3']Probably because nobody buys them.[/quote]

Because the software to create HD-DVD's is 100 times easier to use. Java sucks balls. Anyone who's ever had to support Java will tell you that. ;)

[quote name='Kerig']The first year of new technology always has kinks to work out, some more than others. [/quote]

Uh, we're almost at the end of year number 2 dude.

I watched Die Hard a couple of days ago and the sound was fine. When I watched Die Hard 2, I thought the sound was off but I didn't have it turned up loud since it was late at night, but when I looked at my receiver it was outputting Pro Logic. I went into the settings and changed it but then my receiver showed DD 5.1 and Pro Logic at the same time. I don't know if this is the problem everyone has with Die Hard 2 or not because I heard it had to do with lossless audio and not DD 5.1.

Die Hard 5.1 works fine. The movie was made before surround us became mainstream. So the mix from the studio is mostly stereo.

And all of the BD manufacturing problems are from Warner movies.
BD on the whole are more reliable than HD-DVD. BSG with scratches, no thank you.

[quote name='Kerig']Harry Potter had an HD-DVD for one of the discs instead of BD? That's just rediculous.[/QUOTE]

Eh, not that big of a deal. I just called the 800 number they have setup & they're sending a replacement. And from what I'm hearing, they don't want the hd-dvd disks back - so I can sell that & make a little $$ back on what I spent. I'm good with that. :)

A simple Christmas plea...fanboys (of either side) please just shut up, you give me an ice cream headache.

With that being said, I haven't noticed any audio problems with any of my Die hard discs, but I did get the boxed set as well.

[quote name='shadowrage']BD on the whole are more reliable than HD-DVD. BSG with scratches, no thank you.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see any evidence of this, other than a blu-ray fanboy perspective. I haven't had any problems with any of my HDDVDs, combo or otherwise.

As stated above, new technology is going to have its glitches, and both sides have had their share of problems. But to say one is more reliable than the other is complete B.S.

I have more HD then BD but really see no difference in them. Only thing other then the price that I hate is the HD combo discs. Thats only because in the past with combo discs(HD, non-HD, music, what ever it is) tends to get scratches on them from the inserts. I try to stay away from combo discs if I can.

[quote name='Jedi1979']i think this thread needs to be locked, deleted or at least modified so the title is not so misleading[/quote]

Ahh, fanboys.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']This is a deal? OP is an idiot, and try to make his specific issue sound like ait's a Blu-ray format problem.[/quote]

wow you're an idiot. I own 10+ Blu-Ray movies, and somehow you say I'm making it seem like a Blu-Ray problem.

There are multiple manufacturing problems with both formats, and this is another problem.

English in Die Hard is not doing it in 5.1, french and spanish are doing 5.1

[quote name='Jedi1979']i think this thread needs to be locked, deleted or at least modified so the title is not so misleading[/quote]

+1

How is jedi a fan boy for wanting this thread to be changed?

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Ahh, fanboys.[/quote]

lol... i am far from a fanboy...i may lean a bit to blu-ray but will not hesitate to buy an HD DVD if i want the movie...

also i know there are widespread problems with some blu-rays but they do seem to get fixed...however with this particular problem it seems as an isolated one since nobody else can back it up yet

bread's done
Back