More YMMV WalMart Finds

TheRaven

Banned
At my local WalMart, they have some games on sale until 5/01. I am rounding up on the prices, as I didnt memorize each of their endings. There were pretty much just PS2 games. I checked to see if like SC:CT was on sale for the XBox and it wasnt. Same with any of the other multiplatform ones listed. Anyways, here is the list:

Madden 04 - PS2 - 10 bucks
Madden 05 - PS2 - 10 bucks
Doom 3 - XBox - 20 bucks
LOTR: 3rd Age - PS2 - 10 bucks
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent - PS2 - 10 bucks
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - PS2 - 34 bucks
Tiger 2005 - PS2 - 15 bucks
NFL Street 2 - PS2 - 15 bucks
Mark of the Kri - PS2 - 10 bucks

There may have been a few more, I just dont recall them at the moment. This was at the WalMart in West Des Moines, for those in Iowa. I snagged Madden 05 while I was there, then went to Best Buy and made them pricematch Doom 3 since I had 20 bucks in credit there. BB was pretty pissed, they called WalMart twice to make sure that was indeed the sale price and that they had them in stock. Anything to make them unhappy. :)

Doom 3 for 20 bucks? Hmm...I should buy 2 and trade them into EB for $30 each. Or better yet, GS with their 3 games and get $10 extra.

I so wish WalMart sales weren't so YMMV. I'd love to go pick up $60 credit at EB for less than $40 (PM'ing WalMart is such a nice thing when they do it).

Hey all....Great find OP.....One question.....how did you know that they were these prices......? Did you have to have them scanned or were they marked as such?????

[quote name='KinGAdRocK']Hey all....Great find OP.....One question.....how did you know that they were these prices......? Did you have to have them scanned or were they marked as such?????[/QUOTE]

They had their little sale signs covering where the normal prices would be listed in the display case for these games.

[quote name='TheRaven']They had their little sale signs covering where the normal prices would be listed in the display case for these games.[/QUOTE]

Then a local retailer must be selling those games at roughly those prices. Therefore they do a local price match...

Thats why Walmart is YMMV on this type of stuff.

[quote name='Snake2715']Then a local retailer must be selling those games at roughly those prices. Therefore they do a local price match...

Thats why Walmart is YMMV on this type of stuff.[/QUOTE]

Usually, when that happens, they have different signs then these. It could be the case, but there really isnt much competition in WDM..I dont know who is selling these for that price.

Just to add another highly YMMV deal, an Oklahoma City Wal-Mart has Front Mission 4 for $14.88 (MacArthur & Reno). They had 3 or 4 copies left yesterday (Monday).

Don't know if it's worth picking up though. Any recommendations?

[quote name='TheRaven']At my local WalMart, they have some games on sale until 5/01. I am rounding up on the prices, as I didnt memorize each of their endings. There were pretty much just PS2 games. I checked to see if like SC:CT was on sale for the XBox and it wasnt. Same with any of the other multiplatform ones listed. Anyways, here is the list:

Doom 3 - XBox - 20 bucks

There may have been a few more, I just dont recall them at the moment. This was at the WalMart in West Des Moines, for those in Iowa. I snagged Madden 05 while I was there, then went to Best Buy and made them pricematch Doom 3 since I had 20 bucks in credit there. BB was pretty pissed, they called WalMart twice to make sure that was indeed the sale price and that they had them in stock. Anything to make them unhappy. :)[/QUOTE]

Can you hook me up with a copy of Doom?

Ive never seen a single game on *sale* in any rack in any walmart, evar. sigh

all I have is my mystery bin of cheap games

[quote name='meditative_zebra']Just to add another highly YMMV deal, an Oklahoma City Wal-Mart has Front Mission 4 for $14.88 (MacArthur & Reno). They had 3 or 4 copies left yesterday (Monday).

Don't know if it's worth picking up though. Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6660598&type=product&id=1083710069921

no rush, best buy has it at that price. Though it is a really cool game if you like strategy games.

[quote name='TheRaven']At my local WalMart, they have some games on sale until 5/01. I am rounding up on the prices, as I didnt memorize each of their endings. There were pretty much just PS2 games. I checked to see if like SC:CT was on sale for the XBox and it wasnt. Same with any of the other multiplatform ones listed. Anyways, here is the list:

Doom 3 - XBox - 20 bucks

There may have been a few more, I just dont recall them at the moment. This was at the WalMart in West Des Moines, for those in Iowa. I snagged Madden 05 while I was there, then went to Best Buy and made them pricematch Doom 3 since I had 20 bucks in credit there. BB was pretty pissed, they called WalMart twice to make sure that was indeed the sale price and that they had them in stock. Anything to make them unhappy. :)[/QUOTE]

That had to be a mistake.. Doom 3 on the PC could be $20 but not on the Xbox.
Someone at Wal-mart must have read another store's ad wrong.

Doom 3 - XBox - 20 bucks

There may have been a few more, I just dont recall them at the moment. This was at the WalMart in West Des Moines, for those in Iowa. I snagged Madden 05 while I was there, then went to Best Buy and made them pricematch Doom 3 since I had 20 bucks in credit there. BB was pretty pissed, they called WalMart twice to make sure that was indeed the sale price and that they had them in stock. Anything to make them unhappy. :)[/QUOTE]How did you pricematch Doom 3? There is no ad with Doom 3 at 20. Did you get an employee to write a note or something?

[quote name='Indiana']That had to be a mistake.. Doom 3 on the PC could be $20 but not on the Xbox.
Someone at Wal-mart must have read another store's ad wrong.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is a mistake. I dont think this is the price match of a competitor's ad. I have seen when they do that and they usually put signs up saying so. These sale signs are different. This is not the first time this WalMart has randomly cut prices on new games. I remember when Top Spin and Amped 2 came out..the second week they were released, they were cut to 20 bucks for a week or two. Same thing with Rainbow Six 3 as well. They are just odd like that. Plus, I dont know of any other places that would also have NFL Street 2 at 15, Tiger 05 at 15, Madden 05 at 10, LOTR: 3rd Age at 10 and Goldeneye at 10. Those are still 66% price drops in a lot of cases.

[quote name='The Don']How did you pricematch Doom 3? There is no ad with Doom 3 at 20. Did you get an employee to write a note or something?[/QUOTE]

You dont need an ad to price match at customer service. They will call if you ask them to. I have done it numerous times for me. The actual lady working the desk was cool about it, the manager is the one that wanted to call twice to confirm. Not that I blame them, they were taking a 30 dollar hit on it. They still gave it to me, so I give them credit for that.

But I thought Wal-Mart's policy was on "advertised" items -- like you need to show them the actual store circular with the price indicated. How rational would that seem to have X number of Wal-Mart employees on the phone to Store A, checking to see if Item B is definitely for sale at Price C?

[quote name='twen']Doom 3 for 20 bucks? Hmm...I should buy 2 and trade them into EB for $30 each. Or better yet, GS with their 3 games and get $10 extra.[/QUOTE]

Will they take 3 of the same game? I've never tried that.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']But I thought Wal-Mart's policy was on "advertised" items -- like you need to show them the actual store circular with the price indicated. How rational would that seem to have X number of Wal-Mart employees on the phone to Store A, checking to see if Item B is definitely for sale at Price C?[/QUOTE]

I would suggest just going to Customer Service directly and see what they will do for you. If they won't help you and it's not a pain, perhaps just check in later and see if a different person is working there. With companies like WM, corporate policy doesn't mean anything. Its just all about the person you get helping you. Someone will give it to you most likely. Just depends on how much you want it I guess.

[quote name='atreyue']I love you, raven. So few DSM cagers that there should still be some left for me! :)[/QUOTE]

Good, I hope so. There were plenty in stock of everything except Tiger when I last checked. But the prices are so good and visible that even the common shopper will take notice if they see it. Try to hurry ;)

Hey specialk, I don't think pricematching will work. Becuz most of the companies that offer a pricematch, their policy is to pricematch other stores in the area, for example, U can't go to a BB in CA and ask them to pricematch CC say in Florida or something.

[quote name='goldendrag0n']Hey specialk, I don't think pricematching will work. Becuz most of the companies that offer a pricematch, their policy is to pricematch other stores in the area, for example, U can't go to a BB in CA and ask them to pricematch CC say in Florida or something.[/QUOTE]

but it doesn't hurt to at least ask right?

[quote name='urzishra14']but it doesn't hurt to at least ask right?[/QUOTE]

With today's gas prices it does. Unless you're already going there for something else.

[quote name='Backlash']With today's gas prices it does. Unless you're already going there for something else.[/QUOTE]

you see i live in a small area and the wal mart is like 2 seconds from my house so it doesn't hit my gas wallet that much.. well that and i own a car that gets 40 MPG..

Has anyone confirmed these prices at any other Wal-mart besides the OP? I know it's YMMV, but if others were finding the same prices, I may just venture into the abyss.

I know that in small towns that pretty much have Wal-mart and that's it, the Wal-Marts aren't bad at all. It's just here in Cali, Wal-marts are usually very very ghetto. :speaktothehand:

[quote name='hotwls13']Has anyone confirmed these prices at any other Wal-mart besides the OP? I know it's YMMV, but if others were finding the same prices, I may just venture into the abyss.

I know that in small towns that pretty much have Wal-mart and that's it, the Wal-Marts aren't bad at all. It's just here in Cali, Wal-marts are usually very very ghetto. :speaktothehand:[/QUOTE]

No, its pretty much universal policy for all WalMarts to be absolutely ghetto.

[quote name='TheRaven']No, its pretty much universal policy for all WalMarts to be absolutely ghetto.[/QUOTE]

I went to visit family up in NorthEastern Oregon and all they have is Wal-Mart and Bi-Mart (Like a tiny costco) and their Wal-Mart wasn't ghetto. It was pretty much all they had for shopping, so everyone goes there, not just the foodstamp and welfare crowd. It was a very pleasant shopping experience. Well kept, and friendly staff.

My Wal-marts are packed, unorganized, the employees are always pissed. Can't get a parking spot in the same zip code (unless your handicapped), and very few people shopping there speak english. :dunce: #-o :bs:

Good Find Raven. Its good to find some places in WDSM!! Picked up LOTR 3rd Age and WWE SD vs RAW for 16

They also had

MNGHT CLUB 3 for $34 PS2
NFSU 2 $16 PS2
PRIMAL $10 PS2
NCAA 2005 $16 PS2

[quote name='Indiana']Doom 3 was 35.88 at my wal-mart. A good price but not $20. Also Halo 2 was $35 as well.[/QUOTE]
you can price match the website at any wal mart to get halo 2 for 29.

EDIT: for those who do not want to drive to wal mart.. they won't .. how should i put this "compete with themselves".. too bad though...

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent - PS2 - 10 bucks.....

Thats so mine...been waiting for that to go down as well. I did find 3 copies of ZOE II for 14 bucks each so I might score again.

bread's done
Back