Morrowind GOTY on the 360: Possible/Worth it?

lord_ebonstone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
I saw Morrowind was now backwards compatible as of the last BC update. I'm polishing off Oblivion now and kind of have a hankering to try Morrowind again, oddly enough. But first, two questions:

-I see Morrowind is backwards compatible, but is the Morrowind GOTY edition (the one with the two expansions included) backwards compatible as well?

-How is it performance-wise? Any glitches or technical issues (or improvements) that stand out? Load times?

Thanks.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']I saw Morrowind was now backwards compatible as of the last BC update. I'm polishing off Oblivion now and kind of have a hankering to try Morrowind again, oddly enough. But first, two questions:

-I see Morrowind is backwards compatible, but is the Morrowind GOTY edition (the one with the two expansions included) backwards compatible as well?

-How is it performance-wise? Any glitches or technical issues (or improvements) that stand out? Load times?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Well, GOTY never ran as smoothly on my Xbox as Oblivion did on the 360. So, I'm not guessing it's going to run significantly better. I haven't played through it on the 360 yet, but if it ran noticeably better, I'd be absolutely shocked.

Might as well get the PC version since your PC will probably run the game far better than the 360.

Well not being widescreen and having slowdown kinda ruin the game for me. I loved Oblivion so I got Morrowind GOTY when it became BC but it doesn't seem as fun. I have only played a few hours though so far.

Stain,

Well, Morrowind was far more "hardcore" (maybe a bad word here, but can't think of another one) than Oblivion. Overall, I think Oblivion was better since it really kept the best parts of Morrowind, and got rid of some of the annoyances.

Morrowind actually gets better if you can put about 5 hours into it. By then, you can start attacking enemies somewhat regularly. You also have started to find a few things. Some hints here.

1) Pay for training. Unlike Oblivion, you really need to get your skills up, or it's pointless.

2) Pay for the mark/recall spells as soon as you can. This really cuts some of the annoying backtracking down. It isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing

3) Don't worry as much about money. After awhile, money will be irrelevant in the game.

Just my thoughts. They aren't perfect, but if you follow them (and Morrowind is one of the games I would get the strategy guide for, it's such a help, not only helping you find locations, but explaining portions of the plot that you may just miss).

Also, remember that the expansions were made with players who beat the main game in mind. So, they have cranked up difficulty. It might be worth waiting until you level up a bit before you go that route.

I could never comprehend what the fuck was going on in Morrowind.

Oblivion, on the other hand, had [a] brilliant storyline.

so i beat oblivion awhile ago and started playing the original morrowind again on my 360. after probably putting 50 hours into it, i finally got a hold of my GOTY disc but its not recognizing any of my original morrowind saves on my 360! i put the original disc in again and it recognizes its own saves still but my GOTY version does not. anyone know anything about this?

bread's done
Back