Mortal Kombat 2011 (PS3) $34.99 @ Gamestop (YMMV)!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!
Went up to GS today to purchase a $49.99 used copy of a PS3 Mortal Kombat and noticed around 2 copies (of the 6 or 7 that were available) were marked $34.99. I noticed that the $34.99 ones had a 3 letter code near the title ("HOT" - I can only imagine...) different than the ones marked for $49.99 (TZ0 I think.)

Not really knowing what was going on I borught a $34.99 copy up to the register suggesting that that couldn't possibly be the correct price. But the employee had different thoughts, and insisted that I take it at that price. Looking at the receipt, it's obvious that he manipulated the transaction, indicated by the section that reads: "Disc: 15.00 Promotion Not Found". Hmmmm....

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this!:whee:

I am not a fighting game fan but I did enjoy this game, until I got the Challenge #251/300. So I personally think this game is far from meh.

Also, this was $30 on Toys R Us when it came out at GS even had new copies for $30 like...a month or two ago, so $35 isn't a great price IMO, heck amazon has it new for under $30 right now.

Challenge 251 was fine... the ones I never ended up beating were 3 Shao Khans vs Stryker, 3 Kintaros or something vs Ermac, and some annoying Quan Chi mirrored controls one.

[quote name='Don illmatix']game is meh anyways. 34.99 isnt low enough lol[/QUOTE]

The game was very successful so when it was $59.99 the sales weren't so meh.

They did that "HOT new" hi-lite type sticker thing with the dreamcast version also to differentiate a newly manufactured ones that fixed a few issues with the game, this was in 99'....hahaha and yeah the game is like 26 bucks on amazon, but just trying to help you get to the bottom of it.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Went up to GS today to purchase a $29.99 new copy($19.99 used) of a PS3 Mortal Kombat and noticed around 2 copies (of the 6 or 7 that were available) were marked $34.99. I noticed that the $34.99 ones had a 3 letter code near the title ("HOT" - I can only imagine...) different than the ones marked for $49.99 (TZ0 I think.)

Not really knowing what was going on I borught a $34.99 copy up to the register suggesting that that couldn't possibly be the correct price. But the employee had different thoughts, and insisted that I take it at that price. Looking at the receipt, it's obvious that he manipulated the transaction, indicated by the section that reads: "Disc: 15.00 Promotion Not Found". Hmmmm....

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this!:whee:[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='shadowkast']Pass. Not enough exclamation points and question marks for me to bite[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!:lol:

when I saw this title, my only thought was on whether 100% of the comments would be snarky, or just all but one. after this one, it is now all but one.

[quote name='MasterSun1']There will be a Komplete Edition coming out with all the DLC on disc.[/QUOTE]

Kan this Komplete Edition be bought online? If It kould, between the kharacters and the epiknees of they game, they are bound to kreate another mass sum for themselves.

better return ur copy now OP, unless you like ur games to be in piss poor condition with stickers and finger smudges everywhere

I paid 20 for it like 3 months ago on craigslist only playted it once when I had some friends over, it was fun but don't think I would pay 35, definitely not 49.99.

Not TZO, it says T20, which stands for Top 20. Games with the T20 or HOT addition to the label are ones identified as top sellers, and is also an inventory tool when setting up the used walls.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Went up to GS today to purchase a $49.99 used copy of a PS3 Mortal Kombat[/QUOTE]

Really OP? Really?? You went to GameStop with the intent to buy a used Mortal Kombat knowing it was $50?

How can you call yourself a CAG'er (especially after being on the site for 6 years!)

CAG Rule #1 - Check prices everywhere, buy cheapest one.

[quote name='DFogz']Really OP? Really?? You went to GameStop with the intent to buy a used Mortal Kombat knowing it was $50?

How can you call yourself a CAG'er (especially after being on the site for 6 years!)

CAG Rule #1 - Check prices everywhere, buy cheapest one.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly... And from a member that's been here a long time, no less. Someone please tell me this was a joke.

bread's done
Back