Mortal Kombat $39.99 FSSS @ Amazon

Awesome, just ordered. Would've gotten it at TRU but they're not in stock anywhere near me. I had credit on Amazon so it was free!

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Awesome, just ordered. Would've gotten it at TRU but they're not in stock anywhere near me. I had credit on Amazon so it was free![/QUOTE]

Free games are the best! Lol. I recently got my copy for free as well.

My PS3 died while I was thoroughly enjoying this game. While I wait a couple weeks on the repair, I somehow have the urge to get the 360 version of this. With my credit it would be $20. Tough decisions. I love the game a lot, but do I need it twice? I guess if it had the reptile code I could flip, it would be a no-brainer. I'll think about it the next day or so.

This is a good deal for people who don't have any TRU around them that have the game/$10 off coupons in stock or have a lot of amazon credit. Otherwise it still better to buy at TRU considering that you can sell the Kitana code for anywhere between $12-20 dollars, making the game >$30 even with tax included.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn...tempting, but I think I'll stick with Portal 2 for now.[/QUOTE]

Portal Kombat! Cakality!

Since people keep mentioning the Reptile code, I have to ask did the Amazon copies come with the code inside or was it emailed?

[quote name='gunstar808']Since people keep mentioning the Reptile code, I have to ask did the Amazon copies come with the code inside or was it emailed?[/QUOTE]

E-mailed.

Told a Amazon CSA about the TRU coupon and gave him the coupon #. Even though he thought it was expired he still gave me a $5 credit, making it $35. Good deal and I don't have to leave the house tomorrow!

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I haven't had a big problem with online. I've only played about 15 games, only 2 lagged.[/QUOTE]

15 only? Your probably a casual player that doesn't notice much then, there are several times where the match will just disconnect between 2 players getting the message GAME HAS BEEN DESYNCRONIZED

Imagine the kind of lag that KOF 12 had before any patches, only with disconnection issues

The online IS unstable at the moment. It takes a long time to find ranked matches or player matches but hopping into a king of the hill match is so much fun. Trying to dethrone that number # player. Having others rank your victory...(gotta memorize those fatalities).

There is a lot of single player content here and well even if the online is laggy, the PS3 doesn't even have it at the moment ;)

Bought this a few days ago for 49.99 (love the game) and won't bother calling Amazon back for the 10 dollars. Don't want to have an unneeded partial refund on my account

[quote name='bingbangboom']Is it tempting fate to buy this game elsewhere and try to return that copy to Amazon from when I pre-ordered it?[/QUOTE]

Yes big fate because other stores have different characters and I'm sure for the most part the UPC's are different depending on the store you get it from.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']
There is a lot of single player content here and well even if the online is laggy, the PS3 doesn't even have it at the moment ;)[/QUOTE]

Was just gonna say, I'd take possible laggy play over no play at all for 2+ weeks :(

[quote name='M_A_C']Told a Amazon CSA about the TRU coupon and gave him the coupon #. Even though he thought it was expired he still gave me a $5 credit, making it $35. Good deal and I don't have to leave the house tomorrow![/QUOTE]

you think I can do the same thing for Kollector's Edition?
why only $5 credit?

Well I jumped on the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition last night so not sure spending more moneys is a good idea. Think I'll hold off for a $60 Kollectors Editions.

I too am grappling with deciding to buy a 360 version after buying the "single player only" PS3 version. Not sure if I really want to invest $90 (50 for PS3 + 40 for 360) on this game though as I probably will be outmatched online in a week...

Decisions!

don't be so worried about the Reptile code. I unlocked the outfit in my first hour of play. it's one of the real early things to unlock in the Krypt.

same goes for the other preorder outfits out there. they only gave the easiest ones to get free. it's no big deal.

[quote name='JayFx2']Toys R Us Deal is better as its $30 after Coupon[/QUOTE]
If you've been paying attention to this thread a lot of people either have to go out of the way to get to Toys R' Us or have credit to spend on Amazon.

The deal is up to people's convenience/preference.

[quote name='weeskwee']don't be so worried about the Reptile code. I unlocked the outfit in my first hour of play. it's one of the real early things to unlock in the Krypt.

same goes for the other preorder outfits out there. they only gave the easiest ones to get free. it's no big deal.[/QUOTE]

If I understand correctly, all of the store-content is unlocked in game anyways

[quote name='JayFx2']Toys R Us Deal is better as its $30 after Coupon[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you can find a copy I went to 3 stores in the chicago area and none of them had a copy and I was at one store when it 1st opened at 10 a.m. and they had no copies at all. After tax in IL the game is $33 and the game at amazon is $40 it might be worth the time, gas and headaches to spend an extra $7 bucks which is what I might do myself.

FYI. The game is amazing. Best fighter I have played in years. I love the PS3 version. They did a great job with Kratos.

The DLC codes for costumes are for the CLASSIC costumes, effectively a 3rd costume that is NOT unlockable. There are also fatalities with some of these codes that are not usable unless you enter this code. This is why they sell for upwards of $30+ on ebay. People would never pay that much for something you can unlock in a matter of minutes for free.

[quote name='Trance Addix']If I understand correctly, all of the store-content is unlocked in game anyways[/QUOTE]

no. these are alternate costumes you pay ingame to unlock in the Krypt using your earnings from winning matches. every character has an alternate costume.

from what i have seen so far, the new costumes blow away the alternate or classic ones you unlock. i love the new stuff more now. i probably would never even use the alternates.

[quote name='Trance Addix']If I understand correctly, all of the store-content is unlocked in game anyways[/QUOTE]

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']The DLC codes for costumes are for the CLASSIC costumes, effectively a 3rd costume that is NOT unlockable. There are also fatalities with some of these codes that are not usable unless you enter this code. This is why they sell for upwards of $30+ on ebay. People would never pay that much for something you can unlock in a matter of minutes for free.[/QUOTE]

what?! oh well. I wouldnt pay a cent more to get the old ones. the classic costumes look a little plain and boring now.

Talked to an Amazon rep and I persuaded him to drop the price to $30 for my order (because of TRU $30 after coupon). $23.78 is my order total after credit. :D

Wow...great price. I pre-ordered it w/ the Reppie skin.

I am a huge fighting game fan and its my fav of this generation. Great game.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']The DLC codes for costumes are for the CLASSIC costumes, effectively a 3rd costume that is NOT unlockable. There are also fatalities with some of these codes that are not usable unless you enter this code. This is why they sell for upwards of $30+ on ebay. People would never pay that much for something you can unlock in a matter of minutes for free.[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's what I figured. Hopefully they are released later anyways.

[quote name='scarhawk']Tried to PM but no go with the first rep. Note I said first rep. Gonna keep tryin :p[/QUOTE]

Same here on Email attempt.

bread's done
Back