mortal kombat Armageddon

icpmattj

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Most places say this doesnt come out until next week but best buy has it now.
You can check the website it says it was released the 25th and then check in store availability.I picked up my copy today.

The controls using the nunchuck and wiimote are weird as can be and hard to get used to but you can use the classic controller or a gamecube controller and still be able to play it.

I'll probably be picking it up since my wife didn't enjoy Mario Party and theres nothing that majorly interests me outside of RE4 which is cheap enough to pick up with MK. The gesture combat seems actually very good but using the D-Pad for normal attacks sounds a bit odd.

Anyone else get this game and have impressions? Do you really punch and kick with the D-pad, and if so how does it feel?

yup you punch and kick with the d-pad.

Really hard to get used to for me.I gave up after about 30 mins and went to the classic controller method.I started konquest and it just seems to dark for me as well hard to see which way to go sometimes.I did unlock Meat from the krypt.I used the codes you enter in at the ? sqaure.
Just trying to figure out the button configuration so i can unlock some the other 3.

Yes you really have to kick/punch with the D-Pad and at first It takes ALOT of getting use to. The Wii controls are easy but only help with fatalities and specials, and since the beef is still in the combos you have to learn the D-Pad or opt for classic control with the cube or classic controller. However, after a good few hours of playing I was really starting to get the D-Pad combos down, but couldn't achive the insane attacks I got with Liu Kang back in Deception, but then again you had three styles in Deception which gave you more combo possibilities.

Kart Racing is slightly better with a wiimote but is still a rather lame game but nice distraction when you get tired of fighting. But you didn't buy this game for Kart Racing, did you?

Konquest is much worst then it was in Mortal Kombat Deception and is sorely disappointing. Too bad this mode didn't get re-worked for the Wii but I wasn't expecting it to be. I should mention that it is the sense you can run around like Shaolin monks, but the camera is so annoying and targeting is so iffy it gets annoying. If they fleshed it out a bit and fixed the camera it would have been alot better.

I think without online the game probably isn't worth much considering you can get the XBox and PS2 versions for $19.99. However, the Wii controls are rather enticing and you do get the exclusive Khameleon character and specials are insanely easy to pull off, yet you trade off by having to use a d-pad for your attacks and most of your combos.

I was holding off on the XBox and PS2 versions when the Wii version was announced since I rarely played Deception over Live, and although It's very slim margin I would have to say this is the best version even without the online features which is a rarity in my ratings. Just keep in mind of the price tag and don't jump into this at It's current price... unless your a Mortal Kombat freak like me.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yes you really have to kick/punch with the D-Pad and at first It takes ALOT of getting use to. The Wii controls are easy but only help with fatalities and specials, and since the beef is still in the combos you have to learn the D-Pad or opt for classic control with the cube or classic controller. However, after a good few hours of playing I was really starting to get the D-Pad combos down, but couldn't achive the insane attacks I got with Liu Kang back in Deception, but then again you had three styles in Deception which gave you more combo possibilities.

Kart Racing is slightly better with a wiimote but is still a rather lame game but nice distraction when you get tired of fighting. But you didn't buy this game for Kart Racing, did you?

Konquest is much worst then it was in Mortal Kombat Deception and is sorely disappointing. Too bad this mode didn't get re-worked for the Wii but I wasn't expecting it to be. I should mention that it is the sense you can run around like Shaolin monks, but the camera is so annoying and targeting is so iffy it gets annoying. If they fleshed it out a bit and fixed the camera it would have been alot better.

I think without online the game probably isn't worth much considering you can get the XBox and PS2 versions for $19.99. However, the Wii controls are rather enticing and you do get the exclusive Khameleon character and specials are insanely easy to pull off, yet you trade off by having to use a d-pad for your attacks and most of your combos.

I was holding off on the XBox and PS2 versions when the Wii version was announced since I rarely played Deception over Live, and although It's very slim margin I would have to say this is the best version even without the online features which is a rarity in my ratings. Just keep in mind of the price tag and don't jump into this at It's current price... unless your a Mortal Kombat freak like me.[/QUOTE]

Q(everything)FT!

I agree with everything and I like the idea that we can use the Classic Controller OR the Gamecube controller. Obviously you should WANT to play with the WiiMote.. or just go buy it for another console..LOL

It's neat. It's amusing. Hell, my BF bought it--NOT me. I wouldn't of paid $50, for this. But it's amusing especially if you love everything Mortal Kombat :)

Kitana owns in this game. I'm mad, because I usually layeth the smackdown with Sonya..but I feel betrayed. Why doesn't Sonya have the scissor-grab?

My heart breaks.
But Kitana kicks ass in this game, BTW!

After some further testing of Conquest mode it isn't as crappy as I imagined. But It's still kinda "meh". Too bad I can't say the same for Kart racing. It's just Kabuki Warriors level bad.

Yeah, regardless I am still enjoying this game despite the rather high price.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']After some further testing of Conquest mode it isn't as crappy as I imagined. But It's still kinda "meh". Too bad I can't say the same for Kart racing. It's just Kabuki Warriors level bad.

Yeah, regardless I am still enjoying this game despite the rather high price.[/QUOTE]

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/793/793508p1.html

^ very useful.
It's still hard/confusing to do.. but fun when you know what you are doing.

Yeah saw that and should have linked earlier. No more guessing what Fatalities are anymore.

BTW if anyone is interesting, much like Brain Age, this game is going to be $40 at Circuit City next week. Probably the best deal you'll get for at least a few more months unless this doesn't sell at all. For reference it was sold out around me at every store except Best Buy where I grabbed it.

Thanks to Monsta and lilboo for the info... anyone else picked this up?

I've never played a lot of mortal Kombat, but I did enjoy the older games... I've always sucked pretty bad, though... never could do a fatality... I figure I might have a chance with the Wii version ;D and with the $20 off two Wii games and the $40 price tag at CC, I may have to bite...

[quote name='Monsta Mack']\
[/QUOTE]

Online play is non-existent on PS2 & Xbox as well. Sure the option is there, but no one is ever on.

bread's done
Back