Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Motor Kombat looks like a blast.

As for being backwards compatable,

"One thing we want to do is make Armageddon Xbox 360-compatable, so that if people have a 360 and they buy it, they can play it," says Ed Boon. "I'm not sure about the logistics of that, but it's something we're really pushing hard for. We are talking with Microsoft and we're hoping we can do something, but it's not guaranteed by any means."

Also, in the rumors section of that OXM:

... Midway officially states there will be no Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter crossover on the horizon -- but we've heard the MK krew is going to show up somewhere unexpected in the near future alongside another franchise.

???

[quote name='Brak']Motor Kombat looks like a blast.

???[/quote]

Why can't they go ahead and make Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Street Fighter vs. SNK vs. Mortal Kombat and that way they'd never have to make another one... haha

And yeah it would make sense before they put it out to go ahead and make it BC

I could care less about the new games, but they better bring UMK3. That shit is where it's at. That's the arcade game I'm waiting for the most.

UMK3 does look good, but I still think this game will do good, if you guys do have OXM, you'll see that "Boon" don't remember who he is, states that after this last game on xbox, a lot of fans of the game will not come back because they are changing it up so much with the next-gen versions

The PS2 Kollector's Editions have been announced. There's 4 different ones. I think they suck in comparison to Deceptions KEs, but eh. As of right now, there's no Xbox KE, which sucks.

The KE is also coming with an arcade perfect version of UMK3 which is good for non-360 owners, I guess.

http://mortalkombatonline.com/

They should make this guy one of the characters in Mortal Kombat
hotmanforpookie.jpg

It'd be cool if for a bonus, they could give us MK2 (or maybe 3 at the same time) for online play. I'd be down for some MK2 online. But we all know that won't happen

[quote name='Trakan']The PS2 Kollector's Editions have been announced. There's 4 different ones. I think they suck in comparison to Deceptions KEs, but eh. As of right now, there's no Xbox KE, which sucks.

The KE is also coming with an arcade perfect version of UMK3 which is good for non-360 owners, I guess.

[/QUOTE]

humm
I don't like any of the covers for some reason. The dragon design is alright but I have seen it a gazillion times already. It is nice the UMK3 is included, but I would rather have MK trilogy (i know.. i know... it just a bonus and I shouldn't be so greedy)

[quote name='Brak']Motor Kombat looks like a blast.

???[/QUOTE]

Smash Bros.

"... Midway officially states there will be no Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter crossover on the horizon -- but we've heard the MK krew is going to show up somewhere unexpected in the near future alongside another franchise."

Super Smash Bros.

[quote name='Roufuss']Odd they aren't just porting this to the 360 to begin with, like alot of other titles from other publishers.[/QUOTE]

Boon wanted to make a clear distinction of when botht he MK series and storyline become next gen. Basicly he said he's going to basicly destroy the MK univers in armageddon (thus the name) and build it back up again. I'm happy for any drastic change as it opens up doors to creativity (and hopefully not crappyness).

[quote name='2Fast']I'm tired of "arcade perfect" games. All arcade perfect means to me is cheap A.I.[/QUOTE]

Arcade Perfect matters to the people that play this game competitively. While it may be a few its better than nothing.

People who care about arcade perfect fighters are the ones who keep the game alive years after its run has ended. IE - Look at EVOLUTION fighting game championships.

I'd rather have an arcade perfect port of a game than some watered down fairy shit AI.

I don't compete with the CPU, I compete with people.

[quote name='MarkMan']Arcade Perfect matters to the people that play this game competitively. While it may be a few its better than nothing.

People who care about arcade perfect fighters are the ones who keep the game alive years after its run has ended. IE - Look at EVOLUTION fighting game championships.

I'd rather have an arcade perfect port of a game than some watered down fairy shit AI.[/quote]
Call me when there's a Mortal Kombat Armaggeddon Kollector's Edition UMK 3 bonus disc tournament, I'll be there. Anyway, shitty A.I. is a relative term. Some people find shitty A.I. to be a system that continually repeats/exploits cheap moves to get you to "spend more quarters (assuming UMK 3 is "cheaper" than MK 2)." Arcade perfect doesn't mean much for PS2 games, especially if there is no online mode.

I don't compete with the CPU, I compete with people.
I'm impressed.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Boon wanted to make a clear distinction of when botht he MK series and storyline become next gen. Basicly he said he's going to basicly destroy the MK univers in armageddon (thus the name) and build it back up again. I'm happy for any drastic change as it opens up doors to creativity (and hopefully not crappyness).[/quote]
Although I'm glad of this, he said in the article in OXM that he couldn't really do a game without Scorpion or Subzero, I don't think I could play a MK game in the future without those two in it

I'm all over this game. I'm anxious to see what they do to "end it all." I'm kind of torn on that decision, as the next game will likely be full of character no one gives a shit about (as opposed to now, where no one cares about HALF the characters). I do think there will be at least one carryover to the next gen games...probably Scorpion. I'd expect all the boss/god characters to be wiped out though...Raiden, Onaga, Shang Tsung, Shao Khan, Quan Chi, etc.

I've got to believe we'll see at least ONE XBox colletor's edition, maybe with modified content since MK3 would compete with the XBLA release. As long as it's not a much of a ripoff as Deception's collector's edition ($10 more, and all it had were videos/info you could get elsewhere for free, along with an "arcade perfect" version of MK1 that was anything but arcade perfect), I'm down.

Well, that and I'm jealous of the Shao Khan cover on the PS2 version.

i cant wait for this game... i have like all versions of deception ( i will prob get psp version too)..

sucks about xbox not having a le... for sure i wont be gettin ps2 version.. please make this bc!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Trakan']The PS2 Kollector's Editions have been announced. There's 4 different ones. I think they suck in comparison to Deceptions KEs, but eh. As of right now, there's no Xbox KE, which sucks.

[/QUOTE]

As far as collector's covers go, they are the worst. Aside from the dragon one, the others seem like some random kid who's a fanb did a Photoshop with some cropping here and there.

[quote name='evanft']
MKA_char_select_01.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Looks like a slightly tweaked version of this screen has been released:
731_CharacterSelect.jpg

That sillhouette guy between Ermac and Noob must have been a placeholder, because now that square is occupied by Chameleon (color-changing ninja from MK Trilogy). The question marks are now Kreate A Character slots, and four of the characters now appear to be locked (Blaze, Meat, and the two guys I didn't recognize).

Once again I'm definitely glad they reduced it to one hand-to-hand and one weapon style per character. That was always a pain in the ass. It'll be much more fun this way IMO.

[quote name='2Fast']I'm tired of "arcade perfect" games. All arcade perfect means to me is cheap A.I.[/QUOTE]I prefer "arcade perfection" in a limited sense. I love when a home console version offers extra features and a fleshed-out vs. mode. Technically it's not true to the arcade version, but it can greatly enhance the experience.

Also I don't mind if they tweak the gameplay to improve balance, as long as all the gameplay "rules" are preserved. By "rules" I mean things like input timing, juggle properties, jump height, gravity, etc. MK Trilogy for PS1 (greatest hits version) did a good job of preserving gameplay properties while fixing a few infinite combos (of course they also introduced some incredibly broken characters while they were at it). The n64 version of MKT however really messed up basic properties of the game... it had "low gravity" so you could do lots of juggles that were impossible in the arcade.

So at the very least I hope we get arcade perfect "rules" for UMK3. The AI is incredibly bad, but if that's the price for everything else being arcade perfect I can live with it. And if they wanted to go ahead and fix a few broken elements while they were at it, well that would just be splendid.

those collectors covers are horrible and cartoonish.

who owns mortal kombat now I thought they were gonna blend the charactors with unreal tournament some more maybe thats what that quote was hinting to.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']"... Midway officially states there will be no Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter crossover on the horizon -- but we've heard the MK krew is going to show up somewhere unexpected in the near future alongside another franchise."

Super Smash Bros.[/quote]

That might be going a bit too far, I can't imagine Yoshi with blood spilling out and hit with a spear

Edit: But I would like to see a Mario-Luigi combined Fatality

[quote name='KingDox']Any word if the characters have more then one costume so we can see the characters in thier old school outfits ?[/QUOTE]

God I hope so. I've mostly made peace with Sub-Zero's new outfit, but I still hate that lame ass fur on his shoulders.

[quote name='KingDox']Any word if the characters have more then one costume so we can see the characters in thier old school outfits ?[/QUOTE]

Screw the costumes, give me old school versions of the original characters.

I want old school Jax, Reptile, and Liu Kang... I don't really like their current incarnations, espically Jax.

[quote name='Roufuss']Screw the costumes, give me old school versions of the original characters.

I want old school Jax, Reptile, and Liu Kang... I don't really like their current incarnations, espically Jax.[/QUOTE]

amen to that.

Wasn't this game supposed to have every MK character in it? I don't see Khameleon.

I really hope they have something big in store for next gen. I can't picture them abandoning every character except for a few. I think a bunch of the characters will return.

And I agree with Roufuss on the character versions... My God, what have they done to Ermac?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Looks like a slightly tweaked version of this screen has been released:
731_CharacterSelect.jpg

That sillhouette guy between Ermac and Noob must have been a placeholder, because now that square is occupied by Chameleon (color-changing ninja from MK Trilogy). The question marks are now Kreate A Character slots, and four of the characters now appear to be locked (Blaze, Meat, and the two guys I didn't recognize).

Once again I'm definitely glad they reduced it to one hand-to-hand and one weapon style per character. That was always a pain in the ass. It'll be much more fun this way IMO.[/QUOTE]

Why does Stryker look like a TOTAL D-BAG?
3rd row. 2nd from the left.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Why does Stryker look like a TOTAL D-BAG?
3rd row. 2nd from the left.[/QUOTE]

Probably because that's Mocap ;) Stryker is 2nd row, all the way to the left.

[quote name='PRMega']Probably because that's Mocap ;) Stryker is 2nd row, all the way to the left.[/QUOTE]

Oh damn. Haven't played MK since 4 when it became 3D and it sucked =/

However, with THIS many characters, the game is slightly getting my interest.

Yeah that D-Bag is MoCap ("Motion-Capture guy")

This game was announced last week for the Wii as well (very odd that it's not going to Xbox 360)

I wonder if Midway will use the Wii controller in a special way or just keep it straight.

Looking at the player select screen, I feel like I'm looking at some emo kid's art book. I'm sorry, but it's reeeeeeally hard to take most of these characters seriously. For instance, Jax... wow... the shades and the beret truly sell it...

[quote name='2Fast']Who the fuck are those two puzzle piece guys at the opposite ends of the fourth (from top) row?[/QUOTE]

Kreated Kustom Kharacters or whatever Ed Boon wants to call them.

I'm more baffled by the two locked spaces next to the KAK dudes. In the earlier pic of the select screen, they were two guys I'd never heard of. I'm just guessing they were from the TV show or from one of those MK Mythology PS1 games (since "Sareena" is in there with the ladies).

After part II, I haven't really been drawn in by a MK game. It gets a 'that's nice' kind of effect from me. Nothing I'd rush to get on day one.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I'm more baffled by the two locked spaces next to the KAK dudes. In the earlier pic of the select screen, they were two guys I'd never heard of. I'm just guessing they were from the TV show or from one of those MK Mythology PS1 games (since "Sareena" is in there with the ladies).[/QUOTE]
The locked space on the right, next to the blue puzzle-piece character, is apparently the new Konquest character. And I'm not sure, but I think the locked space on the left is the Konquest character's instructor. GameSpot's gameplay movie 6, which shows a part of the Konquest mode, is pretty blurry.

EDIT: Checked Wikipedia, which gives their names and purpose in the game:
On the right is Taven, the main character in Armageddon's Konquest mode.
Next to the red puzzle character is Daegon, Taven's brother and rival.

[quote name='Cao Cao']
EDIT: Checked Wikipedia, which gives their names and purpose in the game:
On the right is Taven, the main character in Armageddon's Konquest mode.
Next to the red puzzle character is Daegon, Taven's brother and rival.[/QUOTE]

That ranks up there with the 'laziness' that was the rainbow ninjas and the whole Kitana/Mileena/Jade thing before their individuality was formed.

[quote name='thamaster24']On EB it says the game is going to be 39.99, let's hope it stays that way[/QUOTE]

...though we all should really care when it becomes $20 or less. The one thing I'm afraid of with so many characters is balance.

[quote name='thamaster24']On EB it says the game is going to be 39.99, let's hope it stays that way[/QUOTE]
Whoa, cool. Thank you premature console generation death!

[/QUOTE]

:puke: They all look fugly. I hope the Xbox ones look better (and that the Xb version's bc).

[quote name='Fatesealer']...though we all should really care when it becomes $20 or less. The one thing I'm afraid of with so many characters is balance.[/QUOTE]

oh, it'll be perfectly in balance. After all, everyone plays exactly the same way!

jk. there has never really been much balance in MK games, especially the 3D ones.

bread's done
Back