mortal kombat fight stick $40 @ gamestop online

Nice price, PDP was selling these (for both systems) for $50 each shipped briefly, now back to $60 each. Great looking, solid stick, though the button layout is not great for non-MK games. I wonder what shipping costs from GS? Probably not cheap.

EDIT: I was wrong, this is the MK TE stick, not the "Klassic" stick that PDP was blowing out a while ago. I think this is a BETTER stick than the Klassic version, which is here:

http://www.pdp.com/p-1014-mortal-kombat-klassic-fight-stick-for-xbox-360.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
The PS3 version also surprisingly works on PC, so that's another huge plus. Excellent stick overall especially for the price.

Anyone know if this is just for the stick itself ? Says "New" but they don't specifiy it as the "Tournament Edition". Just Tournament "Stick".

For $43.xx + tax it's a freaking steal though.

[quote name='eXiON']Anyone know if this is just for the stick itself ? Says "New" but they don't specifiy it as the "Tournament Edition". Just Tournament "Stick".

For $43.xx + tax it's a freaking steal though.[/QUOTE]

The stick pictured is the Tournament Edition version, not the "Klassic" version. From my understanding the TE stick is much better than the Klassic one. I already have the Klassic stick, but I went ahead and ordered the TE stick; a steal at this price, and if they ship me a "Klassic" stick, its just false advertising and I'll return it.

EDIT: And here's GS link for the Klassic stick ($79.99!):

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-mortal-kombat-klassic-fight-stick/90872

[quote name='chimpmeister']The stick pictured is the Tournament Edition version, not the "Klassic" version. From my understanding the TE stick is much better than the Klassic one. I already have the Klassic stick, but I went ahead and ordered the TE stick; a steal at this price, and if they ship me a "Klassic" stick, its just false advertising and I'll return it.

EDIT: And here's GS link for the Klassic stick ($79.99!):

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-mortal-kombat-klassic-fight-stick/90872[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm not confused on the Klassic/TE names, (I also own the Klassic from said sale that you posted awhile ago). Pretty sure they'll send you the Tournament Edition, it just strikes me as odd that it is "New" but wouldn't say "Tournament Edition" since I don't think these sticks were ever sold separately. (You had to buy the TE that included the game + DLC codes) This is what I mean: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/mortal-kombat-tournament-edition/89092

Oh fuck it, just going to buy it and see what happens.

holy toledo. was expecting shipping to be high but its super cheap! have a gc so im getting this even cheaper than i could've imagined. thanks op!
war fightstick for shmups!

[quote name='eXiON']Yeah I'm not confused on the Klassic/TE names, (I also own the Klassic from said sale that you posted awhile ago). Pretty sure they'll send you the Tournament Edition, it just strikes me as odd that it is "New" but wouldn't say "Tournament Edition" since I don't think these sticks were ever sold separately. (You had to buy the TE that included the game + DLC codes) This is what I mean: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/mortal-kombat-tournament-edition/89092

Oh fuck it, just going to buy it and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

You're right, the TE stick was supposed to be only part of the MK TE Edition bundle . . . now I'm confused! Well I ordered one, we'll see what comes, but if its the stick (only) from the MK TE Edition bundle, and its NEW, its more than worth it!

[quote name='technicalstylez']^ pdp sold the te stick separately shortly after the te came out which made alot of people upset. 19 left[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that makes sense. :D

[quote name='chimpmeister']You're right, the TE stick was supposed to be only part of the MK TE Edition bundle . . . now I'm confused! Well I ordered one, we'll see what comes, but if its the stick (only) from the MK TE Edition bundle, and its NEW, its more than worth it![/QUOTE]
Yeah I agree, this is an excellent price especially since the TE is superior to the Klassic. Much easier to get inside and change whatever you want on it. :D

Now where the hell am I going to put this.. #-o

I think when the game was released pdp did offer the tournament edition stick only for the xbox as a stand alone purchase so i'm pretty sure this will be the tournament layout and not the klassic.

I'm in for one as well, always wanted this stick for the xbox and at 46.00 shipped, i'm sold.

i know, right? lol this is my 3rd one -te ps3, klassic ps3, now te 360-
i always wanted to play limbo and some other games with an arcade stick, nows my chance.

[quote name='eXiON']
Now where the hell am I going to put this.. #-o[/QUOTE]

Can you deem the quantity on GS.com like you can on Amazon? (ie add a bunch to cart, and see how many it lets stay there)

EDIT 1: Answered my own question...that's pretty neat. I'm seeing 13 still available. I am surprised they would let you order that many at once. Surely an order like that would be cancelled, eventually...

EDIT 2: I just tried to do a mock checkout with 10, and it removed the items from my cart. So either they just sold out, or they would (obviously) limit you from making such a high-quantity purchase.

[quote name='sgaldis']Can you deem the quantity on GS.com like you can on Amazon? (ie add a bunch to cart, and see how many it lets stay there)

EDIT 1: Answered my own question...that's pretty neat. I'm seeing 13 still available. I am surprised they would let you order that many at once. Surely an order like that would be cancelled, eventually...

EDIT 2: I just tried to do a mock checkout with 10, and it removed the items from my cart. So either they just sold out, or they would (obviously) limit you from making such a high-quantity purchase.[/QUOTE]

I could easily see El Hoardo scarfing up all available sticks from GS; these could sell for a lot more on Ebay. Glad GS is limiting purchases at least per account, it lets other people have a crack at getting ONE.

"
exclaim.gif
Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• Currently Xbox 360 Mortal Kombat Tournament Stick is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.

Ugh...

if u had a normal m-f job u'd have been fine :whistle2:#

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I get home from work to find this deal is over.

That's descrimination against the working people. I think I'll quit and start sitting at home and looking for deals all the time. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chimpmeister']You're right, the TE stick was supposed to be only part of the MK TE Edition bundle . . . now I'm confused! Well I ordered one, we'll see what comes, but if its the stick (only) from the MK TE Edition bundle, and its NEW, its more than worth it![/QUOTE]

Correct. They sold them for $129.99 about a month after release. If you got the MK bundle you came out ahead.

So tempted on the deal. Already have both the TE and Klassic but for that price it's a steal. If they were still in stock ...

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I get home from work to find this deal is over.

That's descrimination against the working people. I think I'll quit and start sitting at home and looking for deals all the time. :D

These are $179.99 + $13 shipping on Amazon.
donno.gif

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...339890319&sr=8-1&seller=&colid=&condition=new[/QUOTE]

Dude, you need to be checking CAG every 5 minutes from work . . . WTF is wrong with you?!?! :-({|=

my fightstick shipped today. i chose 3.49 saver shipping but they shipped it ups 5 day ground shipping. probably because it weighs 16 lbs lol. i ordered when the last 10 were up so hope no one gets backordered/canceled.

[quote name='technicalstylez']my fightstick shipped today. i chose 3.49 saver shipping but they shipped it ups 5 day ground shipping. probably because it weighs 16 lbs lol. i ordered when the last 10 were up so hope no one gets backordered/canceled.[/QUOTE]

Mine just shipped too, I figured they would ship UPS knowing how big and heavy it is, I should have it by Friday.

I don't even know why I bought it, I was going to at first but I then realized the two I already have were for PS3 and bit on it anyways.

[quote name='sadboy']It's back in stock, but no longer on sale.[/QUOTE]

lol... Yeah, I just noticed that back up to $79.99.

I love when an online retailer pulls that crap: Oh yeah, we seem to have found more stock, but not at the price we were selling them at that got you interested in the first place. Why not just pay double? I actually got in on one because of impeccable, impossible to plan timing, but the idea still frustrates me.

EDIT: Looks like mine did ship, and it should be here by Wednesday. I also got the value shipping...getting it in 3 days for $3.xx is a pretty damn incredible value; I'll give them that!

Been years since I've purchased from Gamestop, but wow am I surprised! Mine shipped from TX, $3.xx shipping and already getting it tomorrow, straight up classy :D.

Well just a quick bump because GS did put these back up for sale, but at 79.99 instead of 39.99. Still a great deal on this stick, since I see these going for much higher on Amazon and Ebay. Who knows, GS may lower the price again soon, to move them out. My stick arrived yesterday and is in perfect condition, still in the original PDP outer shipping box! Can't believe GS sold this so cheap, with dirt cheap shipping to boot.

Anyone else here get their stick?

yup, just got mine as well -360-. about to play ikaruga with it lol. i dont even have an mk game for 360, just wanted an arcade stick to use for uh arcade style games.

[quote name='chimpmeister']

Anyone else here get their stick?[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back