Mortal Kombat Klassic Arcade Stick (PS3/360) 49.99

Tempting but that fightstick looks hideous to me still. The TE fightstick is a frickin' tank. It's a very good build I assume this one is of similar quality.

Interesting. Those fight sticks also include a DLC code for the MK Kollection(Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3) for 360 or PS3 when you buy them.

That's a $10 value by itself, coupled with the free ground shipping for the sticks. So in essences you're paying $35 or less for these when the free shipping/DLC code is figured in.

Yeah street fighter is tough. It does work awesome on the new NBA Jam and Tecmo Bowl though. This stick is the same as the TE stick but with retro art- really substantial and sturdy.

damn! I got the one that came in the tournament editon..and if I get this one..my g/f is going to kill me!! stupid cheapassgamer.com making me buy things!!

but excellent price and if the quality is anything like the tournament edition one it is amazing!

[quote name='klimb22']So since the manufacturer lowered their price on these, I assume the retailers should follow suit very soon.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it considering GS is the only retailer (as far as I know) that carries it.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm waiting for an expert to pop in and tell us if these are authentic Sanwa parts. Is this a great stick without modding?[/QUOTE]

I know they are not but if memory serves me correct from this was discussed a very long time ago, they are quality happa Suzo-Happ parts.

[quote name='skiizim']I doubt it considering GS is the only retailer (as far as I know) that carries it.

I know they are not but if memory serves me correct from this was discussed a very long time ago, they are quality happa parts.[/QUOTE]
We all know the current GS sale was put in place to get rid of vanilla MKs before the KE comes out, but maybe they were trying to get rid of some sticks too.

[quote name='skiizim']I doubt it considering GS is the only retailer (as far as I know) that carries it.

I know they are not but if memory serves me correct from this was discussed a very long time ago, they are quality happa parts.[/QUOTE]

If they are HAPP parts then really that is just as good. Just hoping to avoid a MadCatz Street Fighter SE situation where the only reason to buy is to swap parts.

[quote name='Donut2922']Tempting but that fightstick looks hideous to me still. The TE fightstick is a frickin' tank. It's a very good build I assume this one is of similar quality.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Although I think the TE stick looks slick, I prefer the design of the "Klassic" stick because it reminds me when the first MK arcade cabinet showed up at my university's arcade room and the whole MK craze started. Plus, can't beat $49.99 with free shipping as well as DLC.

[quote name='skiizim']Thank You OP, I have been eying this ever since it dropped to $99 at GS!!!![/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I've been keeping an eye out for this stick at my local GS. I was tempted when it dropped to $99. There's one box tucked away on a shelf 10 feet high and the price hasn't budged. I've been holding out for $75. Of course, at $49.99, I bit on this deal. :bouncy:

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Haha. Although I think the TE stick looks slick, I prefer the design of the "Klassic" stick because it reminds me when the first MK arcade cabinet showed up at my university's arcade room and the whole MK craze started. Plus, can't beat $49.99 with free shipping as well as DLC.[/QUOTE]

I picked one up to accommodate my TE stick on the PS3, I'm thinking about picking one up for the 360. >_

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']I'm with you. I've been keeping an eye out for this stick at my local GS. I was tempted when it dropped to $99. There's one box tucked away on a shelf 10 feet high and the price hasn't budged. I've been holding out for $75. Of course, at $49.99, I bit on this deal. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I was going to get one last week with the GS deal and send the game to Amazon for $31, but my 20% off "store closing" coupon wouldn't stack so I passed.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. Those fight sticks also include a DLC code for the MK Kollection(Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3) for 360 or PS3 when you buy them.

That's a $10 value by itself, coupled with the free ground shipping for the sticks. So in essences you're paying $35 or less for these when the free shipping/DLC code is figured in.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I bit on this deal. I snagged the "kollector's edition" for less than $50 last year. I just needed this stick to complete the "kollection".

I know they are not but if memory serves me correct from this was discussed a very long time ago, they are quality happa Suzo-Happ parts.[/QUOTE]

You're right the TE version was made out of Suzo-Happ parts. The joystick is the Americanized baseball bat top which I frankly prefer to the lollipop versions in Japan.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Haha. Although I think the TE stick looks slick, I prefer the design of the "Klassic" stick because it reminds me when the first MK arcade cabinet showed up at my university's arcade room and the whole MK craze started. Plus, can't beat $49.99 with free shipping as well as DLC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it has a nostalgic look to it and all. When MK1 first came out the gore factor was a huge draw just because it was so blatantly different than other fighting games at your local 7-Eleven/arcade stop.

Don't sleep people order asap this price is amazing for the quality, worth 99.99 at 49.99 its a steal...

Thanks for the heads up ordered a 360 one.

Tempting, especially since I prefer Happ but I can't seem to get over that the MK button layout is pretty crummy for most other games :/

Sweet! I kept staring at this, waiting for the price to go down. It's not perfect against the arcade art and the run button on the original design bothers me, but as close as you'll get without owning one.

Great find, OP, thanks!

Looks like a nice stick, but the button layout is atrocious . . . I know its the classic MK layout, but it seems like it would be a hassle to use this layout on just about any other game.

Thanks OP, ok I bit. Bought 1 PS3 (68 left) even though I had the TE before. I debated for a whole hour:booty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy piece of shit webpage. It keeps deleting my CC#. Hooray for shoddy coding!

EDIT - Paypal worked. Hooray for feeling like a drug dealer!

Im glad the 360 sold out. Ive been fighting the voices for a few hours now. When i finally excepted them its sold out. I really dont need another stick.

I suggest NEVER ordering or trusting pdp. They have NO support, not even to call and order or get any assistance.

Stay away.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Looks like a nice stick, but the button layout is atrocious . . . I know its the classic MK layout, but it seems like it would be a hassle to use this layout on just about any other game.[/QUOTE]

It works great for pretty much any "arcade" game that ISN'T Street Fighter (or games with a 3 & 3 button layout).

One caveat with this stick - there's a weird buzzing noise that you get when you plug in your headset that annoys the fuck out of everyone else who can hear you. So you won't be talking to people with this thing (never tried a wireless headset since I don't have one, not sure if that would be a workaround). This wasn't just with the stick I have, it's a known issue.

Fantastic stick though, excellent quality.

[quote name='KaneRobot']It works great for pretty much any "arcade" game that ISN'T Street Fighter (or games with a 3 & 3 button layout).

One caveat with this stick - there's a weird buzzing noise that you get when you plug in your headset that annoys the fuck out of everyone else who can hear you. So you won't be talking to people with this thing (never tried a wireless headset since I don't have one, not sure if that would be a workaround). This wasn't just with the stick I have, it's a known issue.

Fantastic stick though, excellent quality.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh what? Even if my wired headset connects directly to the ps3 usb?

Thank you TC! I've been debating getting this at $99, but at $50 for a new one (not some beat-up gamestop floor model) with free shipping & no tax, this is a STEAL!

[quote name='sassylaurie']Only 2 left for 360[/QUOTE]

Actually its -2, aka sold out!

EDIT: Ordered a PS3 version, only 33 left when I ordered. Already have a great 360 stick, so this will cover my PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was a MK fan I'd go with this, sadly I'm not....The layout of this stick is for MK only obviously, still a great price!

Missed out on the Xbox ones....just bought 2 of the PS3 ones though. Now I have to buy the game and DLC for PS3...LOL. Thanks to thread poster though! Much props on this great find!

bread's done
Back