Mortal Kombat Klassic Arcade Stick (PS3/360) 49.99

komplete edition comes out at the end of the month and includes all dlc on disc.

[quote name='luck3yone']Missed out on the Xbox ones....just bought 2 of the PS3 ones though. Now I have to buy the game and DLC for PS3...LOL. Thanks to thread poster though! Much props on this great find![/QUOTE]

It's personal preference but I prefer Sanwa/Seimitsu over Happ parts. However, for that old school MK feel I gots to go with Happ just for nostalgia when I use to play the MK arcade at 7-11 in my teens. IMO, the MK button layout's horrible with Street Fighter (Vewlix or Astro City) or any 3-on-3 button layout.

Tournament Edition (TE) vs Klassic Edition (KE) stick differences:

- TE has a storage area for a couple games & the detachable UBB-cable with plastic cover over the internals along with a locking mechanism
- KE has a slightly wider surface area (0.50" - 0.75") & Cherry microswitches (original arcade had these & slightly stiffer) compared to the TE that has cheap knockoff Chinese made E-switch Happ currently uses.
- PDP made 20k TE's (no individual serial #'s) & 6k KE's (individual serial #'s).

Love the TE for those features yet I also like the Klassic since it has the original MK1 artwork & colored parts. Despite it being manufactured by PDP (formerly Pelican Accessories), the quality control is VERY good on both! This is really an outstanding deal considering most custom arcade stick builders would charge $125+ for the KE setup. If I already didn't have a KE stick then I'd jumped on it right now. As far as customer service, when I received the KE stick, I thought they forgot to include the mini-USB to USB cable (it was actually hidden in the top cardboard shipping piece, hehe) so the customer service rep had no probs sending me another one no questions asked. They shipped it out the next day but YMMV. When you factor in the $10 MK Arcade Kollection game voucher, you're really paying $40 (or $20 if you factor in shipping a huge box for $20).

If the KE wasn't such a PITA to open up, then I would've replaced the stick & buttons with an iL Eurostick & buttons. These sticks were originally purchased by Happ in kit form (back in the SF/MK days) & fitted with Cherry microswitches & black washers then sold as their Comp sticks (nowadays, Happ uses E-switches & manufacture their own parts in China). A couple different angles & size comparison pics:

MKKlassicFightstickpic3.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic5.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic6.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic7.jpg

MKTEpic3.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic8.jpg

MKTEpic7.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic10.jpg

EDIT: For those that are curious, that other MK stick's the Madcatz TE round 2 stick (comes standard with all-Sanwa parts but I swapped out the grey with black buttons for matching red with black buttons) with their MK replacement panel along with a ToggleMe red billet aluminum bat-top with a Sanwa GT-C round restrictor plate insert & custom stiffer spring (to offset the heavier bat-top compared to the Sanwa plastic version). Love the Sanwa parts & billiet aluminum bat-top but tempted to sell since I really don't need 3 MK sticks, LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nucking Futs nailed it, but here's a video review/comparison between the two sticks as well as the actual arcade layout if you want video of 'em. Skip to about 45 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fGHZO1t574

[quote name='Donut2922']Uhhh what? Even if my wired headset connects directly to the ps3 usb?[/QUOTE]

No idea. Should have stated I only have a 360. But on the 360 you automatically get a very slight buzzing noise when using a wired controller with a wired headset, and the effect is amplified significantly with the TE stick, to the point where people will be screaming at you about the noise your mic is making.

What I was saying is I don't know if using a wireless 360 headset would circumvent the issue or not. It may.

[quote name='technicalstylez']^great post. thanks alot....and...0022??? luckyyyyyy.[/QUOTE]

Thx & you're welcome! I got lucky because I originally pre-ordered on Gamestop's website right when it was announced but had to cancel a few months later & re-order since their website wouldn't allow me to edit my payment method (I couldn't add store credit as a payment later after I already pre-ordered).

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nucking Futs nailed it, but here's a video review/comparison between the two sticks as well as the actual arcade layout if you want video of 'em. Skip to about 45 seconds in ...[/QUOTE]

Cool vid, thx! :cool:

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Thx & you're welcome! I got lucky because I originally pre-ordered on Gamestop's website right when it was announced but had to cancel a few months later & re-order since their website wouldn't allow me to edit my payment method (I couldn't add store credit as a payment later after I already pre-ordered).[/QUOTE]

Nucking Futs, thanks for your detailed and thoughtful comparison between the TE and KE sticks. I was just waiting for you to chime in because I know you've contributed a lot of knowledge on past arcade stick-related threads. I went ahead and ordered the KE earlier today. Bummed that it doesn't have the storage compartment like the TE. But I'm glad that it's lighter than the TE, comes with the DLC, is individually numbered, and brings the nostalgia with its classic artwork.

I keep refreshing the Xbox one in hopes it magically comes back in stock. I could get the PS3 one, but would really love to pair this with my TE for x360.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Nucking Futs, thanks for your detailed and thoughtful comparison between the TE and KE sticks. I was just waiting for you to chime in because I know you've contributed a lot of knowledge on past arcade stick-related threads. I went ahead and ordered the KE earlier today. Bummed that it doesn't have the storage compartment like the TE. But I'm glad that it's lighter than the TE, comes with the DLC, is individually numbered, and brings the nostalgia with its classic artwork.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! :D I figured I'd give a somewhat in-depth comparison since that's the least I can do because this forum/website has saved me alot of $$$. I don't claim to know everything about arcade sticks but I do semi-collect, trade (I get bored easily) & take them apart enough to know the in's & out's for the most part. And if I don't know the answer then I'll just tell you to redirect your question(s) on shoryuken.com haha!

I prefer the heavier the better since I'm more of a table-top player (although that memory foam bottom cushion's a great idea for lap players!) but ya, both sticks are pretty heavy (~10-pounds compared to the Madcatz TE ~6.25-pounds). If both were the same price then I'd pick the TE but they're not & for $50, there's really no comparison. FWIW, I've seen used TE's go for ~$75 - $100 on Craigslist & eBay.

I'm somewhat tempted to get one to give as a gift. Must...resist...

[quote name='klimb22']So since the manufacturer lowered their price on these, I assume the retailers should follow suit very soon.[/QUOTE]

Hoping so. This is a great deal, but it's hard to rationalize buying yet another stick, especially for use with just one game(series). Plus, i already own the MK Arcade Kollection. On the other hand, it's not so hard to rationalize if i can pay for the entire thing with credit through Gamestop or Amazon.

kind of glad this sold out, I resisted the urge all day to buy 2 and don't really need more things cluttering up.

what is the likelihood of finding a TE stick in stores? does anyone carry them anymore besides frys and gamestop?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nucking Futs nailed it, but here's a video review/comparison between the two sticks as well as the actual arcade layout if you want video of 'em. Skip to about 45 seconds in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fGHZO1t574
No idea. Should have stated I only have a 360. But on the 360 you automatically get a very slight buzzing noise when using a wired controller with a wired headset, and the effect is amplified significantly with the TE stick, to the point where people will be screaming at you about the noise your mic is making.

What I was saying is I don't know if using a wireless 360 headset would circumvent the issue or not. It may.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I bought a PS3 one and I hope I don't have the same headset issue as you did. I was surprised a controller could make the noise worse.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Thx & you're welcome! I got lucky because I originally pre-ordered on Gamestop's website right when it was announced but had to cancel a few months later & re-order since their website wouldn't allow me to edit my payment method (I couldn't add store credit as a payment later after I already pre-ordered).

Cool vid, thx! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Good stuff Nucking Futs. You know your shit when it comes to fightsticks.

[quote name='DurbanBrown']Order Now - Only -2 left in stock! (NEGATIVE 2) WTF[/QUOTE]
Already sold out for both systems.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Whoa, 360 sticks came back in stock!! Ordered one . . . now I'll have one of each platform![/QUOTE]

Thanx to and OP. You made me and my daughter, Mileena, happy gamers.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Whoa, 360 sticks came back in stock!! Ordered one . . . now I'll have one of each platform![/QUOTE]

Didn't waste time this round. Picked up the 360 stick. :bouncy:

[quote name='h8b1llg8ts']Thanx to and OP. You made me and my daughter, Mileena, happy gamers.[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help . . . thought I'd just check the 360 version to see if they got anymore, and apparently they did. Down to 9 360s and 15 PS3s at the time of this post.

Thanks for the update. Couldn't help myself and bought one for the 360. I plan to mod artwork and buttons some day and read on TestYourMight its easier to do on the klassic stick.

Got lucky enough to get one this time around! Only 5 left when I purchased! (Now sold out again!) It sux though because I bought two PS3 models last night because the xbox one was sold out, so now I have 3 :/

[quote name='luck3yone']Got lucky enough to get one this time around! Only 5 left when I purchased! (Now sold out again!) It sux though because I bought two PS3 models last night because the xbox one was sold out, so now I have 3 :/[/QUOTE]

Call PDP asap and see if they can cancel one or both of your PS3 sticks. Otherwise you can try to sell them through the marketplace here, but shipping is going to be rough; its a pretty big box.

Like others have said, I don't really need any more arcade sticks....but couldn't resist the price and ended up buying 2 after seeing that video. Heh.

[quote name='thestonedgamer']Like others have said, I don't really need any more arcade sticks....but couldn't resist the price and ended up buying 2 after seeing that video. Heh.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it . . . I saw the 360 version was OOS yesterday, so I ordered a PS3 version. Then today by random chance I checked the PDP site, and they had 360s back in stock, so ordered one. Now I'll have one for each platform, kind of crazy since I really only wanted the 360 one to begin with, but its a great stick for the money, so whatever!

Took the wife and kids to the Renissance Festival today. And then come home and find out I missed a 360 stick yet again. There's a tear in my beer.

[quote name='VOLTAN']Took the wife and kids to the Renissance Festival today. And then come home and find out I missed a 360 stick yet again. There's a tear in my beer.[/QUOTE]

On the plus side I'm sure you got to see alot of fat women in corsets with their 'cleave all hangin' out. Oh and roasted chicken too.

[quote name='iamsmart']On the plus side I'm sure you got to see alot of fat women in corsets with their 'cleave all hangin' out. Oh and roasted chicken too.[/QUOTE]

The cleavage was overflowing. Dare I say, there was nearly too much. The eyes can only comprehend so much at a time. As for food, the turkey leg is always popular, but I've always been more fond of the Scotch egg.

A Scotch is a hard boiled egg, wrapped in sausage, and then pan fried. Have your cardiologist's number handy.

[quote name='frpilot']has anyone got a shipping confirmation? i see a pending charge on my credit card.[/QUOTE]

Just order confirmations for me so far, no shipping confirmations.

[quote name='frpilot']has anyone got a shipping confirmation? i see a pending charge on my credit card.[/QUOTE]

I got shipping confirmation at 9:45 a.m. west coast time this morning. The e-mail header was "PDP Shipping Confirmation". I paid via Paypal pretty early on the first day the sale was posted. No tracking info though.

[quote name='bojay1997']I got shipping confirmation at 9:45 a.m. west coast time this morning. The e-mail header was "PDP Shipping Confirmation". I paid via Paypal pretty early on the first day the sale was posted. No tracking info though.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Hope my klassic stick is #1/6000! Lol.

nope, i used free standard shipping like everyone else. pdp is in california and im ion california so it shouldn't take long to get here....tomorrow seems normal.

Got my fedex confirmations too. Pretty good considering I didn't order my sticks til late night Sun/early am Mon when they were down to one, then I ordered another when I woke up Monday morning and saw they had a few more for sale.

Thanks again to my fellow cheap ass gamers for pointing out this deal.

bread's done
Back