Mortal Kombat Klassic Fight Stick $60 FS and More at PDP

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
I apologize if this was posted, but I do not recall seeing this. Perhaps it's so old that it got buried and I could not find it.

PDP has some PS3 and 360 accessories for really cheap. I am listing the two that stood out for me, but they have other stuff on clearance.

Mortal Kombat Klassic Fight Stick (Free shipping and comes with MK Arcade Collection)
PS3

Versus Controller
PS3

I can't speak for the fight stick as I don't own one, but from what I remember hearing they are very good. I do own the Versus controller for the 360 and I do enjoy it, not as good as a fight stick, but it's a decent middle-ground.

In for the fight stick. Thanks OP. Will throw on the AMEX card incase this company isn't legit.

Been outbid every auction on eBay for one of the fight sticks. Can't play MK 1, MK 2 or UMK without a real joystick.

Kind of sad they charge for tax in Mass when they are based out of CA. Probably just pocket the said tax.

this was originally posted when the deal was 49.99, and they initially sold out.. about a week later they made more available but at a higher price. no one bit and then they lowered it down to the current 59.99.

not gonna flame u op since its been over a month since this deal has been mentioned. last time i checked today there were 197 left for 360. i already picked up a ps3 version at the 49.99 price but if the 360 numbers hit below 100, i'll pick one up for the free mk trilogy as well as to play all my 360 shmups.

lol the company pdp is the manufacturer.

[quote name='Calipso']In for the fight stick. Thanks OP. Will throw on the AMEX card incase this company isn't legit.

Been outbid every auction on eBay for one of the fight sticks. Can't play MK 1, MK 2 or UMK without a real joystick.

Kind of sad they charge for tax in Mass when they are based out of CA. Probably just pocket the said tax.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol the company pdp is the manufacturer.[/QUOTE]
HAHA yeah its totally legit . . . I got one PS3 and one 360 stick from PDP when they ran it at 49.99, fantastic deal. Even at 59.99 its still a GREAT deal on a super solid, well-made stick! These are beautifully crafted sticks and moddable from what I read . . . very well made.

If you play MP (only reason I'd assume you get this fight stick of course), then I would get the Xbox version. MK on the Xbox is more lag free than PS3. PSN netcode is the worst I've ever seen. MK is my favorite fighting game and I'm disappointed in how they totally F'd up the netcode. Even the latest patches aren't enough.

[quote name='Donut2922']If you play MP (only reason I'd assume you get this fight stick of course), then I would get the Xbox version. [/QUOTE]

lol i don't think i've even played 1 match of mk online. i got the classic stick simply for nostalgic reasons since i was like 9 yrs old playing the first mk in arcades. good times.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']you know what i find funny about people who use fight stick, that the fight stick doesn't make them any better in the game

[quote name='NoelVermillion']you know what i find funny about people who use fight stick, that the fight stick doesn't make them any better in the game

[quote name='h8b1llg8ts']Depends. Growing up in the arcade scene my wife and I can't play as well unless we have a fight stick. And for me I have to play standing up to really get a good feel for the game.

My daughter, on the other hand, has to play with a controller. And I don't believe it has to do with her size it's just the way she grew up playing video games. But she's never tried a fight pad yet so thanx OP. Picked up one of the versus fight pads for the 360. Maybe now, my daughter Mileena will get a real good feel for MK.

And for those MK fans out there really try to find the tournament edition. It's my favorite arcade stick to date and I own quite a few ...[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't think so, i also grew up playing in the arcade. Playing games like Street fighter 2, King of fighters, Marvel Vs Capcom, and I find playing with both relatively really easy. I can play with either of the controllers. I guess its the mental state of the person...i'm assuming.

Just a heads up, I would NEVER order from PDP. I called them a good five times over two weeks last year, even left two messages, with questions on BUYING multiple products. They never answered or replied to me, not once, and because of that I've never purchased a single product from them.

[quote name='h8b1llg8ts']Depends. Growing up in the arcade scene my wife and I can't play as well unless we have a fight stick. And for me I have to play standing up to really get a good feel for the game.

My daughter
, on the other hand, has to play with a controller. And I don't believe it has to do with her size it's just the way she grew up playing video games. But she's never tried a fight pad yet so thanx OP. Picked up one of the versus fight pads for the 360. Maybe now, my daughter Mileena will get a real good feel for MK.

And for those MK fans out there really try to find the tournament edition. It's my favorite arcade stick to date and I own quite a few ...[/QUOTE]

:applause::whee::applause:

I love these sticks. They also work great with MvC2 & MvC3 since they use a 4 button attack set up. The run and block button work great for the partner buttons in MvC3.

u should hit up their youtube channel. the girl on their replies to youtube messages with the quickness. as for me, i ordered a ps3 classic fight stick w/ free shipping and got it in 2 days i think.

[quote name='Romeo']Just a heads up, I would NEVER order from PDP. I called them a good five times over two weeks last year, even left two messages, with questions on BUYING multiple products. They never answered or replied to me, not once, and because of that I've never purchased a single product from them.[/QUOTE]

Ordered one, thanks. This will be my very first fight stick, so I have a few questions if anyone would care to answer them!

I guess what I mainly want to know is can this be used for more than MK games? I know a poster above me mentioned MvC2 and 3. Along with those, are there any others? Tekken perhaps? Or maybe even DoA?

Also, this is a wireless controller correct? After watching some reviews, I've seen some viewer comments like "lol wireless sucks" and the like for fight sticks. Does this hold any ground? I'm certainly not good enough to even CARE about this, I'm just wondering if it's just laughably bad, or if these people are just complaining because they're bored?

Thanks in advance, and post when you get yours, mine has been in LA for a few days :(

Yeah, I can't buy this knowing they already had this ten dollars cheaper, I'll wait for another drop. also, the buttons look a little too spaced out for Marvel for me, another reason to wait for another drop.

[quote name='Intranquill']Ordered one, thanks. This will be my very first fight stick, so I have a few questions if anyone would care to answer them!

I guess what I mainly want to know is can this be used for more than MK games? I know a poster above me mentioned MvC2 and 3. Along with those, are there any others? Tekken perhaps? Or maybe even DoA?

Also, this is a wireless controller correct? After watching some reviews, I've seen some viewer comments like "lol wireless sucks" and the like for fight sticks. Does this hold any ground? I'm certainly not good enough to even CARE about this, I'm just wondering if it's just laughably bad, or if these people are just complaining because they're bored?

Thanks in advance, and post when you get yours, mine has been in LA for a few days :([/QUOTE]

Yes, this can be used for other fighting games but I don't recommend it if you're use to the 3x3 button layout in other arcade sticks. Since you said this is your first stick then you'll be fine. I've got this & the original TE version too. I only use these sticks for nostalgia playing MK since I prefer sticks with a ball-top & Sanwa/Seimitsu parts (to play other fighting games) such as one's from Hori, Madcatz & custom builders.

Anyway, these sticks are surprisingly VERY good quality! You're going to enjoy it from the heavy weight (more stability) to the memory foam bottom side (assuming you're a lap player)! And no, these aren't wireless but they do have a detachable USB cable. This is an excellent price for a Happ based stick. FWIW, the cost from a custom builder to make something similar with Happ parts would start around $125 - $150. Some pics:

MKKlassicFightstickpic1.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic2.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic3.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic4.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic5.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic6.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic7.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic8.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic10.jpg

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Yes, this can be used for other fighting games but I don't recommend it if you're use to the 3x3 button layout in other arcade sticks. Since you said this is your first stick then you'll be fine. I've got this & the original TE version too. I only use these sticks for nostalgia playing MK since I prefer sticks with a ball-top & Sanwa/Seimitsu parts (to play other fighting games) such as one's from Hori, Madcatz & custom builders.

Anyway, these sticks are surprisingly VERY good quality! You're going to enjoy it from the heavy weight (more stability) to the memory foam bottom side (assuming you're a lap player)! And no, these aren't wireless but they do have a detachable USB cable. This is an excellent price for a Happ based stick. FWIW, the cost from a custom builder to make something similar with Happ parts would start around $125 - $150. Some pics:

[/QUOTE]

The nostalgic 90's feel might be cool for a little while but I agree that Sanwa parts are way better.

[quote name='yamayama']The nostalgic 90's feel might be cool for a little while but I agree that Sanwa parts are way better.[/QUOTE]

I just sold that Madcatz TE with the MK panel in 1 of those pics b/c as much as I know Sanwa & Seimitsu parts are much more accurate & precise, I just couldn't get into that stick everytime I played MK. But yeah for other fighting games, I mos def prefer Sanwa & Seimitsu parts.

How is this stick different from the Tournament stick ?
I can get the Tournament stick with the MK game like new for $50
Thanks

[quote name='chunlirocks']How is this stick different from the Tournament stick ?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

hmm..it has the klassic arcade cabinet artwork, it doesn't have the flip open top accessibility like the te stick does, this one is individually numbered, thats all i can think of atm.

[quote name='chunlirocks']How is this stick different from the Tournament stick ?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

The TM is the best looking stick I own. And I own quite a bit. For that price get it ...

Thanks[/QUOTE]

- TE's surface area's shorter
- TE has crappier e-switches while this one has cherry microswitches
- TE doesn't have a plaque stating limited number what out of 6k while 20k TE's were produced
- TE has an internal storage compartment (with a locking mechanism) for a couple games & the detachable USB-cable
- TE has clear lexan on the bottom side of the top panel
- This stick includes a voucher for the MK Arcade Kollection ($10 value)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head since it's late.

MKTEpic4.jpg

MKTEpic3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AwRy108']I now have an extra code for the MK Trilogy on PS3, PM if you want it for $5.[/QUOTE]

Still available.

Mine came in the mail on monday. Used it a few times. I know I won't be using it as much as I should.

Buyers remorse.

[quote name='Calipso']Mine came in the mail on monday. Used it a few times. I know I won't be using it as much as I should.

Buyers remorse.[/QUOTE]

What are you comparing it to have buyers remorse?...Controller?...Sanwa or Seimitsu-based stick?

If the former then give it some time to adjust but if the latter then I can't blame you. While fit & finish is surprisingly excellent (since it's made by PDP aka formerly Pelican Accessories), the Happ-Suzo parts just don't compare to Sanwa/Seimitsu parts. I bought it for nostalgia & enjoy using it just for MK.

bread's done
Back