Mortal Kombat Kollection (Deception, Armageddon, and Shaolin Monks) - $14.99 at Amazon.

Oh man OP I thought they were re-mastering these games for current gen consoles. You sir are a bigger buzz kill than buzz killington.
Buzz_Killington_100x159.jpg

Deception and Armageddon were so slow and clunky back in the day that I doubt they play any better now, especially after the last official MK game. As for Shaolin Monks, Ed Boon has stated before he'd be interested in making an XBLA and PSN version.

I am surprised at how much people liked Shaolin Monks. It was an okay game, but just a clunky beat-em-up overall. The co-op was pretty fun, but man, that last boss was pretty tough.

Haven't liked a (proper) MK game since 4(and that includes 9), but i loved every minute of Shaolin Monks.  Must have played it through a dozen times; at least once with each character.

shaolin monks is dope
This. Still my favorite two player brawler since the Final Fight/Streets of Rage era. The fact that they never made it back compatible with the 360 still annoys me.

Deception and Armageddon were OK at the time but compared to MK9...well, there isn't much of a comparison. They are interesting history pieces as far as getting the full MK story if you care about that stuff (believe it or not, yes there is a story), and Armageddon is kind of cool in a screwed up and crazy MK Trilogy kind of way (IE every character ever is present), but it's hardly required playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back