Mortal Kombat Kollector's Edition

Raye

CAGiversary!
I'm debating if I should pre-order this soon from Gamestop since I have a good amount of credit there to bring the CE down to around $45, but I also know that the CE could drop in price if I wait a few months. I don't want to spend my money and credit on something that is going for $100 initially then drop significantly in price like the Halo: Reach Legendary edition.

How is Midway with collector's editions? I'm not familiar with any that have been released in the past, if there have been any, that is.

Any advice if I should jump on pre-ordering now would be appreciated.

I wouldnt just since it hasnt sold out anywhere as far as I know. It was gone at Amazon for a bit but it's there now. It's always been available at Walmart.com and I know Kmart is getting it also.

The tournament edition so far seems like it's going to be much more rare. Amazons been sold out for awhile and Walmart.com is about the only place it's still at all available. Even there there isnt many left. None for PS3 and 95 for Xbox. I've been following it and yesterday there was 106 available when I checked so it's going to sell out within the next week unless there's a restock.

What I did personally is ordered the Tournament edition for PS3, and sold just the stick for $135. So cost for my game = $15.

if you just want the real "goodies as in the bookends and the stick. buy the KE and TE together, then sell the following:

1) Art book (2x)
2) Kung Lao avatar code (2x)
3) Ermac special costume (2x)
4) Pre order codes (2x)
5) the game itself (1x) *since youll get two from buying both

then youll have one game, one bookend and one stick

Thank you for the advice, guys. I don't really settle well with selling items (except pre-ordered DLC). A few years ago, I bought the Street Fighter IV CE and tried selling it on eBay. I forgot what it originally cost, somewhere around $80-90, but I do remember that my listing only sold it for $65. Factor in the cost of shipping, eBay and PayPal fees, along with time and gas going down to the post office and it definitely was a major loss that I don't wish to repeat.

Going to go to Gamestop probably some time later this week to see if I can still pre-order it. I definitely will sell Ermac and Scorpion DLC to make some profit back. (I find the original Scorpion costume to be really ugly compared to the updated version.)

Does the Kung Lao avatar code come with the PS3 version? If so, I really could care less about dressing up my PS Home avatar since I don't even use it anyway.

Went last week to my gamestop and they said they were no longer taking preorders. I was able to order on the website though.

I want the tournament edition with the stick, but i only ordered the regular. The other one with the book ends seems like a waste of cash to me

I am getting the book ends; hopefully they are decent; the fight stick looks nice but I have one Street Fighter and it barely gets any use

I did the TE from Gamestop. (Love Scorpion) I Pre-ordered KE for the bookends and Extra avatar to sell. sell one game, take the other back to the store to trade for one of the best buy ones with the subzero code in it. I hope to be happy. I have to get the ps3 for Kratos! if sony didn't suck with the online part of things I would get it all for the ps3. but I do all online gameing with xbox. so

Pls the first real fighting game I played was MK so it's only right to get the fight stick for it.

[quote name='Raye']I'm debating if I should pre-order this soon from Gamestop since I have a good amount of credit there to bring the CE down to around $45, but I also know that the CE could drop in price if I wait a few months. I don't want to spend my money and credit on something that is going for $100 initially then drop significantly in price like the Halo: Reach Legendary edition.

How is Midway with collector's editions? I'm not familiar with any that have been released in the past, if there have been any, that is.

Any advice if I should jump on pre-ordering now would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:sMidway is out of business actually.:cry: This game is being released by Warner Bros., unless they're using the Midway name that I think they bought the rights to when they bought up the remnants of the company.

From my understanding the preorder bonuses are just early unlocks. If that's true, a lot of people also don't know that, so it might be worth it to sell them. It can bring the cost of your game down

[quote name='giantqtipz']From my understanding the preorder bonuses are just early unlocks. If that's true, a lot of people also don't know that, so it might be worth it to sell them. It can bring the cost of your game down[/QUOTE]
I hope this is true, cuz I want all the costumes, and there are too many to buy...

amazon - reptile
gamestop - scorpion
bestbuy - subzero
walmart - mileena
toys r us - katana

so 5 x $60 = $300 of games to get 5 costumes. that's fucked up.

and then there's the jade costume for preordering the mk movies on bluray...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the KE (the $100 one) on preorder and was thinking of cancelling it. The ONLY reason I am even considering buying it now is for the kung lao avatar clothes. I'm a sucker for avatar bonuses and Kung Lao is one of my all time favorite MK characters. I'm waiting to see if Major Nelson will announce a MK avatar shop that will include this. Anyone else think this will happen sooner than later? I suppose I could always buy just the code from someone but at that point I might as well just get the whole package. Truth be told I'd rather have it on PS3 like any other fighting game fan.

So, do you guys think this Kollector will have a good chance be lower price a later time?

Target don't think will carry these, so don't look like will be an infamous Target clearance deal... down the line.

And, I am worried that Amazon will be sold out too... :(

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']So, do you guys think this Kollector will have a good chance be lower price a later time?

Target don't think will carry these, so don't look like will be an infamous Target clearance deal... down the line.

And, I am worried that Amazon will be sold out too... :([/QUOTE]

you'll easily be able to get the bookends down the line, the stick version will be rare and should be bought now.

Based on the past, collector's edition of games for popular titles (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Black Ops to name off the top of my head), have all eventually gone on sale after a few months. However, if you live in an area like me where all stores carry a very limited supply of these CEs and don't have any clearance bins at all, those deals are hard to take advantage of unless they are made available through websites like Amazon.

After much contemplating (and Gamestop shutting down my attempt to pre-order), I'm just going to chance Best Buy tomorrow right after work and hope they have a few of the KEs out in the front where they usually have the Tuesday release products out on display. If I can't find it then I'm not all that worried. I've watched some of the unboxing videos, and the artbook, which was the second biggest draw for me, is a little disappointing since I'm not that into the whole concept and development process. Fortunately, I pre-ordered the hardcover guide and the content it features is more to my preference. The bookends are rather large and I have no idea where I'd even put them. :p

So did I get a bad copy or what? My KE did not come with a Kung Lao avatar code. I contacted Amazon and they are having me send it in for a refund. Guess I'm out of luck on it. Oh well. I'll wait and get the KE super cheap maybe in the future.

Do you guys think the Tournament Edition will be clearanced in 4 months? My Bestbuy has 2 of each version in stock but lol if casual customers will pay that $150 upfront.

bread's done
Back