Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $27.99 Used Gamestop Xbox 360 / PS3

Nice deal if you can find it. YMMV most likely.

EDIT: Deal may now be B&M now as it says $54.99 again online.
Also, your link is dead.

Everyone should own this game. It's not the best fighter out there, but it's damn well respectable. It's the best comeback of a franchise ever.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Everyone should own this game. It's not the best fighter out there, but it's damn well respectable. It's the best comeback of a franchise ever.[/QUOTE]

It's a good game. They went back to the roots and did a great job. If you liked the original MK, like MK1-3 you'll like this game alot. Plenty of stuff to do single player so if you don't really like like playing online, there's alot of single player challenges to take up your time.

dead..but I got one yesterday w/ b2g1. Played it tonight in 3D. Its a fun game! But I have a feeling I won't be able ti finish the game all they way on medium. That last fight was hard enough on easy

last fight is nothing compared to lvl 300 of challenge tower.

[quote name='Toss']dead..but I got one yesterday w/ b2g1. Played it tonight in 3D. Its a fun game! But I have a feeling I won't be able ti finish the game all they way on medium. That last fight was hard enough on easy[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Naramie']It's a good game. They went back to the roots and did a great job. If you liked the original MK, like MK1-3 you'll like this game alot. Plenty of stuff to do single player so if you don't really like like playing online, there's alot of single player challenges to take up your time.[/QUOTE]

That's why I happy to get this game at launch. It was simply amazing. I haven't played it in a while though. Definitely worth it for the extra content.

thanks to BB got the vanilla for $30 + credit @ launch will have to trade it in & grab this once it's MSRP drops to $40(combined w/b2g1) or $25 or less deal.

It was sitting at this price since the Spring Sale had started and when unavailable online once the B2G1 went into effect.

[quote name='ryucross']New copies currently $39.99 on Amazon for the PS3 version (http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat...HFPS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333914118&sr=8-2)

$38.99 for the Xbox 360 version (http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Komple...HGCK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1333914118&sr=8-3)[/QUOTE]
If you really wanted this game and didn't pick it up for $29.99 (new) at GS or PM at BB, Target, etc you really didn't want this game. I picked up a near mint (movie and music DLC codes unused) used copy from GS as my free game in a B2G1.

Cheers for advice klimb
dfsfgfs

picked this up for $30 new at gs yesterday since i been sitting on credit forever. i figure it's worth the upgrade from my vanilla with all of the dlc going for $10+ on psn.

now to trade in my vanilla copy. wished i wasn't so lazy during 3/10 and 50% off week.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Everyone should own this game. It's not the best fighter out there, but it's damn well respectable. It's the best comeback of a franchise ever.[/QUOTE]
Eh. I played the vanilla edition of this and Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe and I couldn't stand how they played out the 'storyline' mode. I was hoping for more of an RPG-ish experience like Mortal Kombat Deception had last gen, where you could explore more of the game world and 'train' with various characters while wandering around to find chests to get koins to upgrade or whatever.

But they really dumbed it down starting with MK Vs. DC and it basically breaks down to MK fight, cutscene, MK fight, cutscene, rinse and repeat until done. That got boring and ANNOYING after a while, especially since I don't think there was any way to skip those cutscenes.

Not to mention Shao Kahn was a total spammer and hard as fuck to beat, even on wuss level.:roll:

lol im guessing you didn't grow up playing fighting games in arcades like some of us here

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Eh. I played the vanilla edition of this and Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe and I couldn't stand how they played out the 'storyline' mode. I was hoping for more of an RPG-ish experience like Mortal Kombat Deception had last gen, where you could explore more of the game world and 'train' with various characters while wandering around to find chests to get koins to upgrade or whatever.

But they really dumbed it down starting with MK Vs. DC and it basically breaks down to MK fight, cutscene, MK fight, cutscene, rinse and repeat until done. That got boring and ANNOYING after a while, especially since I don't think there was any way to skip those cutscenes.

Not to mention Shao Kahn was a total spammer and hard as fuck to beat, even on wuss level.:roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol im guessing you didn't grow up playing fighting games in arcades like some of us here[/QUOTE]
Actually I did. I played the old MK games in the arcades and I couldn't even tell you how many quarters I wasted getting my ass handed to me by other players.:whistle2:# That's why I prefer to play the fighting games solo(story mode) and I actually like that I don't have to go to an arcade(non-existent anymore anyway) to get my ass handed to me anymore.:booty:

I actually remember the old Aladdin's Castle chain that used to be located near virtually every General Cinema at every mall around here and playing 720*(Skate Or Die) back in the 80's in there, as well as games like Crystal Castles and tons of others.

lol makes sense then. 720 was so awesome...the joystick setup for that cabinet was insane.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I did. I played the old MK games in the arcades and I couldn't even tell you how many quarters I wasted getting my ass handed to me by other players.:whistle2:# That's why I prefer to play the fighting games solo(story mode) and I actually like that I don't have to go to an arcade(non-existent anymore anyway) to get my ass handed to me anymore.:booty:

I actually remember the old Aladdin's Castle chain that used to be located near virtually every General Cinema at every mall around here and playing 720*(Skate Or Die) back in the 80's in there, as well as games like Crystal Castles and tons of others.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Eh. I played the vanilla edition of this and Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe and I couldn't stand how they played out the 'storyline' mode. I was hoping for more of an RPG-ish experience like Mortal Kombat Deception had last gen, where you could explore more of the game world and 'train' with various characters while wandering around to find chests to get koins to upgrade or whatever.

Not to mention Shao Kahn was a total spammer and hard as fuck to beat, even on wuss level.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I don't think a fighting game like this one will ever mesh into a RPG, but I would love to see it. I was impressed at how well Borderlands pulled it off with FPS + RPG elements (even though it had a minimal story).

All that being said, this version has to be considered one of the best fighting games ever released. It has everything you could ask for in a fighting game. The story mode does last longer than MW3's campaign and the challenge tower adds another 10+ hours of varied gameplay. No small feat for a fighting game.

Plus, the varied impressive slate of characters and the easy to enter, difficult to master feel of the game is nicely done. I also love the larger size characters and the feel of solid combat when contact is made. Costume damage is cool as the fights progress too.

Your complaints are right on about the story mode though, and I will add that it is annoying to not be able to skip the bone breaker cutscenes(incredible the first time, but become repetitive).

Oh, and Shao Kahn does suck, but spamming him back with endless projectiles works well.

If you like fighting games at all, this is a no brainer. I picked it up release week for $37.99 last year and upgraded to the Komplete Ed this past week.

is this deal for the complete one or just the case and game and booklet

[quote name='starmask2k3']is this deal for the complete one or just the case and game and booklet[/QUOTE]

It was for the complete but the sale ended yesterday.

Closest thing to your RPG elements, would be Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks for PS2, and it was freaking awesome. 4 playable characters (gotta beat the game for the other two) Flawless co-op, takes place during the best parts of the series MK 1-2, and yeah of course Shao Kahn was a monster at the end. xD

Was hoping an HD version of Shaolin Monks would have come out, or the SD be available as an extra in the Komplete Edition, but guess not. =(

I think they really “dumbed downed” the MK franchise with those games between UMK3 and MK9. The development team took it too far by trying to add something new with every reiteration of the game starting with MK 4 in 3d. I never played MK4 because I was never a fan of 3d fighters like Tekken, Dead of Alive, Virtua Fighter, Soul Caliber, etc.

I picked up MK again with Deadly Alliance and Deception on xbox and I did like the fighting style system, stage inter-activeness, and graphics but there were too many combos to memorize with 3 fighting styles (no wonder I never learned to use Gen in street fighter who only had 2 fighting styles) The RPG element of DA and Deception was a nice add on, but who was really going to run around the fields for hours to play matches against cpu controlled characters to earn coins? To me, it was more of a tedious mini-game. The thing I did enjoy in all these MK games was the tetris puzzle mini-game they added.

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol im guessing you didn't grow up playing fighting games in arcades like some of us here[/QUOTE]

I owned IATGC at the MK arcades in the 90's thats why he's traumatized from playing online.

[quote name='frpilot']I think they really “dumbed downed” the MK franchise with those games between UMK3 and MK9. The development team took it too far by trying to add something new with every reiteration of the game starting with MK 4 in 3d. I never played MK4 because I was never a fan of 3d fighters like Tekken, Dead of Alive, Virtua Fighter, Soul Caliber, etc.

.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I stopped playing MK since MK4 came out.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Closest thing to your RPG elements, would be Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks for PS2, and it was freaking awesome. 4 playable characters (gotta beat the game for the other two) Flawless co-op, takes place during the best parts of the series MK 1-2, and yeah of course Shao Kahn was a monster at the end. xD

Was hoping an HD version of Shaolin Monks would have come out, or the SD be available as an extra in the Komplete Edition, but guess not. =([/QUOTE]
I didn't mind Shaolin Monks, though towards the end of the game when you take on Shang Tsung(think it was him anyway) I distinctly remember there being a glitch where there would be either two of him or something.

bread's done
Back