MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! - "Komplete Edition" coming Feb 28th - see post 970

Reviews going up (will update OP occasionally as time goes on).

Very positive so far, although some are griping about lag in online matches...not sure if this is PS3 or 360 specific, or a cross-platform issue. Regardless, I expect it'll improve at least a little over time.

[quote name='sendme']Would have been nice to see a remake of the commercials for the first game only with clips of the new game.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The commercials that I've seen for this one kind of stink.

Last edited by a moderator:
usually magazines hate fighters. they expect it to be super smash bros or bust.

i just hope the netcode is good, like tekken 6 good. :)

Can you re-map the main controller functions to not use trigger buttons? A guy on another forum was complaining about how he was forced to use a trigger for X-rays. I'm just nervous because my custom stick doesn't have the trigger buttons mapped on it; only bumpers. Ideally I would have RB as block and LB as Stance. I don't care about the shortcut buttons since a stick player shouldn't need those anyway.

So I went ahead and picked up the CE strategy guide. The quality of the guide itself isn't bad by any means. Hell, even the reference cards they throw in are in high quality, glossy paper. But the thing that really bothers me is them labeling the punches and kicks as numbers. So, Scorpion's spear is Back, Back, 1 instead of Back, Back, FP(or front punch).

[quote name='guyver2077']Amazon got mine here early this morning. Will play around after work.

$10 code and DLC email also came in.[/QUOTE]

$10 pre-order bonus credit right? hmm i only got reptile's code.. no credit though..

[quote name='eddie291']So I went ahead and picked up the CE strategy guide. The quality of the guide itself isn't bad by any means. Hell, even the reference cards they throw in are in high quality, glossy paper. But the thing that really bothers me is them labeling the punches and kicks as numbers. So, Scorpion's spear is Back, Back, 1 instead of Back, Back, FP(or front punch).[/QUOTE]

I ordered the guide, should have it tomorrow. I hope it's good. The MK vs. DC guide had some terrible reviews. Crossing my fingers that since they put so much effort into MK9, the guide is also high quality.

[quote name='giantqtipz']$10 pre-order bonus credit right? hmm i only got reptile's code.. no credit though..[/QUOTE]

Yea the pre-order bonus..

360 online is pretty poor right now. I did some king of the hill which was pretty laggy. I can't seem to get matched up very often for ranked matches.

CAGS, add me we'll play tonight around 10 PM CENTRAL.

XBL: ChernobylCow

[quote name='guyver2077']Yea the pre-order bonus..[/QUOTE]
i didnt get mine!

also i preordered both KE and TE, so i should get two $10 credits and 2 reptile codes right?

[quote name='guyver2077']Protip: I usually dont do this but I put my Reptile code on Ebay and it sold for a cool $25.00

Some are going for even higher. Nuts.[/QUOTE]For what it's worth the Amazon email says "Also, each claim code is unique and can't be shared." But I assume that just means that the code can only be redeemed once.

Really surprised this hasn't been talked about yet, maybe I missed it - have we preorder confirmed that the costumes are unlockable? Or were they really only available through the retailer preorders?

Managed to get the last TE in stock at Best Buy. I've spent a fucking sick amount of money on MK today. Besides the soundtrack 3 weeks ago, today I'm getting the CE version, the TE version, both Blu-Ray films, and the fancy edition of the strategy guide. I'd be almost hitting 300 bucks if it wasn't for the $25 Best Buy card I had.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Really surprised this hasn't been talked about yet, maybe I missed it - have we preorder confirmed that the costumes are unlockable? Or were they really only available through the retailer preorders?

Managed to get the last TE in stock at Best Buy. I've spent a fucking sick amount of money on MK today. Besides the soundtrack 3 weeks ago, today I'm getting the CE version, the TE version, both Blu-Ray films, and the fancy edition of the strategy guide. I'd be almost hitting 300 bucks if it wasn't for the $25 Best Buy card I had.[/QUOTE]

So you're telling me that you like the Mortal Kombat... ?

:)

That's nuts though. I'd ask your opinion of the game but I have a feeling it would be overwhelmingly positive. :lol:

Really surprised this hasn't been talked about yet, maybe I missed it - have we preorder confirmed that the costumes are unlockable? Or were they really only available through the retailer preorders?
The classic costumes are not in the krypt. They may be another way to unlock them but no one has figured it out yet.

Love the game so far, but the online is fucking ass. I was trying to get the 10 wins in a row, and it would take 3 minutes to just get a match going. I don't mind losing, so long as I don't have to keep searching over and over.

Hopefully I'll have better luck today. If anyone wants to play, you can shoot me a message on here or Live. I'm pretty ass right now, so you've got a good shot, haha.

[quote name='chriscolbert']So you're telling me that you like the Mortal Kombat... ?

:)

That's nuts though. I'd ask your opinion of the game but I have a feeling it would be overwhelmingly positive. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know it's retarded. Still, this is pretty much my gaming equivalent of Christmas. I only try to go all-out with ridiculous excess editions once per year.

I have a bad feeling I'm going to HAVE to sleep a little bit, but I'll be on tonight. If you guys see me on and are in a party or anything shoot me a message.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, but supposedly the codes are only for the PS3 version of MK.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing, since UPS hasn't delivered my Blu-Rays or strategy guide yet that the content is actually on the disc itself and you have to put it into your PS3 (hence why it's PS3 only...no BD drive on the 360). I'll confirm as soon as they get here. Should be within an hour or two.

I believe someone on TRMK said the code comes on a little cardboard insert, much like the other Klassic codes do.

[quote name='SEH']I believe someone on TRMK said the code comes on a little cardboard insert, much like the other Klassic codes do.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I hope so. That means I can sell it.

[quote name='SEH']I believe someone on TRMK said the code comes on a little cardboard insert, much like the other Klassic codes do.[/QUOTE]
yea both of my codes (costume, kombat code) came on two different cardboard cards

[quote name='Trakan']Does the Jade costume still come with the Blu-rays?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Mine are already on Ebay as well :) . I'm already getting back the cost of the movie itself

I bought Mortal Kombat. All of it.

9ay3qw.jpg

Family portrait.

I really, really love/want those book-ends, but there's no way I'd purchase the KE after already having bought the TE. Nice haul though man.

[quote name='SEH']I really, really love/want those book-ends, but there's no way I'd purchase the KE after already having bought the TE. Nice haul though man.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Probably wouldn't have had the balls to do it if I didn't have a couple of gift cards and know I could make at least a little of it back by selling the extra downloadable codes I had. Came out to around 240 bucks after gift cards were applied. Hopefully can nudge it closer to 210-220 after all these extra codes I have are gone.

Was going to dump my Reptile and Ermac codes, but to my surprise the Sub-Zero code was included inside the box of the TE (was expecting an emailed code...since I didn't preorder I just figured I was SOL). So since I have three of the four, I'll keep 'em and try to get a Scorpion one later if necessary.

[quote name='Fraudlol']
HOLY SHIT!!! lMFAO. what did the sales people say? must of been very happy[/QUOTE]
Thankfully nothing :) - the only thing I actually bought in-store was the TE.

[quote name='100xp']what avatar outfits have ppl gotten?

mine came with a nether realm tshirt and Scorpion avatar outfit.[/QUOTE]

Do all codes have this? I used mine and I didn't see any avatar outfits or tshirts. Let alone Kitana's klassic outfit, lol

[quote name='soliddragon']It's effin 7:17pm EST and effhole UPS havent delivered my damn Kollectors Edition, extremely pissed here[/QUOTE]
Its the same deal with UPS for me too. I don't expect anything before 6pm if Amazon ships through them, and the latest I've gotten was around at 9:30pm. FedEx on the other hand usually delivers before 2pm. Amazon rarely uses them to ship stuff to me though.

Anyways, I'm not so sure about everyone else's situation with the TE and Amazon, but I just got the shipping confirmation and its next day delivery! Awesome considering I opted for the 2 day shipping.

[quote name='lilboo']Do all codes have this? I used mine and I didn't see any avatar outfits or tshirts. Let alone Kitana's klassic outfit, lol[/QUOTE]
I don't know about the tshirt, but I know the Scorpion avatar costume comes with the TE(and probably the KE but I don't know for sure).

I hit enter.
I don't get anything, lol :(

/confused

I did ladder with Kitana. I unlocked her alternative costume. Now, I can choose between costume 1 and costume 2. Both NOT being the klassic. If that "Kombat Pass" wasn't for her DLC, what the hell was it for :lol:

:rofl:
Ok I didn't see that there was ANOTHER code in the box with Kitana's costume. Derppp!

So the online pass is to play online? Ok, is that XBOX specific as in my BF who has a gold account can ALSO play?

[quote name='BustaUppa']How does one save in Story Mode? I'm afraid to just back out to the main menu.[/QUOTE]

This works. Sucks because you have to rewatch the previous cutscene. I don't know how to do it any other way.

In story mode, the battle with Scorpion and Quan Chi has cheap AI in the last round. I was up one round to none three times, about to go up two and win, and all of a sudden every move is blocked and I lose. Bullshit.

Question for you guys. I tried the demo today and love it a lot but suck major as. My hands cramp up trying to fight. Would I do better with a fight stick? And if so what would you guys recommend for a beginner?

Can anybody tell me what DLC comes in the tournament edition exactly? Really just wanting to know about the Klassic skins. Thanks.

bread's done
Back