MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! - "Komplete Edition" coming Feb 28th - see post 970

[quote name='MtlTom']
The offline is supposed to be fine, but if I want to play the games offline then I'll just use the PS2 versions I have or MAME.

It sucks because I was really looking forward to this release. I really hope there's a patch.[/QUOTE]

Wait, MK 1/2/3 are on PS2?

[quote name='Garfield']Wait, MK 1/2/3 are on PS2?[/QUOTE]
MK1 - MK Deception Kollectors Edition
MK2, MK3 - Midway Arcade Treasures
MK2 - Shaolin Monks
UMK3 - Armageddon Kollectors Edition (this one I don't have)

I also have MKT for PS1 somewhere, but unfortunately I can't find it :cry:.

[quote name='MtlTom']MK1 - MK Deception Kollectors Edition (check, on original Xbox)
MK2, MK3 - Midway Arcade Treasures (check, on GameCube)
UMK3 - Armageddon Kollectors Edition (check, on PS2)
[/QUOTE]

yup, I've got those, so it makes it really difficult to justify the purchase just for [broken] online play with leaderboards.

MK9's online play isn't all that great to begin with; there were frequent de-synchs. Single player or offline is still AAA though.

[quote name='MtlTom']MK1 - MK Deception Kollectors Edition[/QUOTE]

Ugh, that port pissed me off a ton. Leading up to release it was touted as "arcade perfect" and it was anything but, especially when it came to the sound and music. The one from the Arcade Kollection is noticably better.

grr just like street fighter 3, they released it with crappy online which pretty much will tank to game to begin with

i really loved mk 2. just pokes, special moves and big hits with uppercuts/roundhouses. maybe another time i guess :)

[quote name='Kevfactor']grr just like street fighter 3, they released it with crappy online which pretty much will tank to game to begin with
[/QUOTE]
Except aside from finding ranked matches (which is being patched), the netcode is really good & completely playable online. Player matches are fine & the game plays smooth unless you have a Fisher Price internet connection.

MK Kollection on the other hand has tons of input delay online to the point it's almost unplayable.

Mortal Kombat is one awesome game! Great controls, easy to pick up and play, even with a stock controller with a bad d-pad.

Wasn't it created from the ground up to be a tournament game?

[quote name='2DMention']Mortal Kombat is one awesome game! Great controls, easy to pick up and play, even with a stock controller with a bad d-pad.

Wasn't it created from the ground up to be a tournament game?[/QUOTE]

:D if youre thinking of getting serious. i suggest getting the Hori EX 2 Turbo controller. the dpad is the best.

oh and dont take online all too seriously :)

[quote name='MtlTom']Except aside from finding ranked matches (which is being patched), the netcode is really good & completely playable online. Player matches are fine & the game plays smooth unless you have a Fisher Price internet connection.

MK Kollection on the other hand has tons of input delay online to the point it's almost unplayable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was under the impression that SFIII uses GGPO, the single best netcode for fighting games. Also seen in Final Fight: Double Impact.

Heads up - Cyber Monday only the MK Arcade Kollection is 400 points. Even with some of the bugs (most/hopefully all of which will be fixed in a patch coming on 12/6), 5 bucks for all three games is a fucking steal if you're the least bit interested in past MK stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to remember this and grab some points before then. I meant to get it at 800 but I procrastinated. Totally paid off this time.

[quote name='MtlTom']Does the MK Arcade collection have button mapping? Like you can customize the controls for an arcade stick or pad?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I enjoyed playing this again, but the online just sucks way too laggy like others mentioned so we can only hope for an update soon to fix this.[/QUOTE]

Update is coming on 12/6.

Arcade Kollection patch is out today after a delay...and it's disappointing. As much as I like this game on paper, at this point I'm going to have to recommend staying away from this unless you can get it on sale for half price, like what happened a few weeks ago.

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection v1.02 Visual Patch Notes

*New Video Display option "Stretch" that fills a HDTV..

*Audio issues still remain, but many have been improved. For example Scorpion's Voice on UMK3 can be heard when throwing the spear. Things like MK2's attract mode are still a problem.

*Online has player names on each side of the screen in the selection, loading screens and during games.

*Online is MUCH improved. So far only been able to play against European players due to it being released over there only so far and it is quite smooth despite the long distance. Immediately feels different, no more like you are playing in molasses. Here's a quick video showing how fast online is now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ycYm-94jjvU

*Unpausing the game no longer leaves you unable to move for a few seconds (CAG EDIT - SEE BELOW)

*You can use Ultimate Kombat Kodes in UMK3 online now.

*The "Arcade" Filter has more even scanlines when in "Stretched" mode, but in other modes retains it's uneven scan line arrangement from previous release.

*The video "gamma" level was reduced resulting in a less washed out colors.

*Unfortunately they didn't put in version restrictions on the matchmaking, so if you get matched against a 1.02 player from Europe or a 1.01 player in the US right now you get a nasty black screen. This problem should go away once 1.02 is sent out worldwide.

The unpause glitch, my most hated issue besides online sucking, is STILL THERE despite the patch notes. What's even stranger is it seems like every few times I unpause, it works fine...but then like 4 out of the next 5 times it goes back to freezing you.

This game is still a sad mess of technical issues, considering Ed Boon claimed it would be "arcade perfect." Haven't tried online yet since I can't even find a match, but apparently that is one of the few things that actually is noticably improved.

The visual tweaks (gamma adjustment) are good in my opinion, but that hardly makes up for the other problems remaining.

Wow, I never thought this patch would come out. Sad it took them this long though.

Its just pathetic for them in the first place to release the game in the state it was in. Theres been glitches/bugs in games, and people go too far with the complaining and crying, and get over dramatic. I've never felt the need to do all that until this game. There is absolutely no way they didn't know about the many problems this game had, and they still released it. The online being the worst of it. If it would've at least been a mixed bag of some lag some fine then I could've lived with that. Every single game had lag. Despite all the problems, I had fun for a few days(nostalgia!) then couldn't play anymore due to the many problems it had. Hopefully the online is fixed like they say it is and people are still playing.

Are there any people still playing MK9? I haven't played since Freddy came out and would like to play some matches again.

^^ I do need to get back on MK9 although it probably won't be for a couple weeks at least.

I did get several online matches in with Arcade Kollection last night, and yes, it was actually much improved. I played 6 or 7 matches in a row with one guy and I didn't notice any delay at all, it was great. More impressively, when I found another opponent shortly after, when the character select screen came up things were VERY laggy and I figured I was in for a shitty match, but it smoothed out quickly and by the time the actual match started it was just as good as the prior games.

So yeah, I think online is much improved. Too bad the other issues are still so annoying. That said, if you don't care about the pause glitch and other annoying emulation issues (ie what you really want is online play), then this patch may satisfy you.

I should try online mode again because I hated it when I tried it over the weekend.
Some of the worst lag I have ever experienced on par with the horrible lag in the Halo Anniversary co-op.

I dunno man, I played Online with MK Kollection on 360 around launch with both 1.5M and 20M connections, and didn't have any problems with it whatsoever. Let's put it this way - it was a lot smoother than MKII and III during the SNES Xband days. :lol:

You knew this was coming eventually...surprised it wasn't out in time for Xmas actually:

MK Komplete Edition on Feb 28th:

The Komplete Edition of the game includes all four downloadable characters, as well as 15 throwback skins for the cast and three "Klassic" fatalities for the series' original trio of masked ninjas: Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile. The package will also come with downloadable versions of the 1995 feature film Mortal Kombat, as well as the music CD Mortal Kombat: Songs Inspired by The Warriors.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/mortal...dition-6348335?tag=updates;editor;all;title;1

Assuming it's 60 bucks, this is a hell of a deal if you've waited until now.

Hasn't the game dropped to like 25 bucks? Isn't the game plus the DLC plus the costumes still only add up to like, 50 bucks?

Assuming you don't care about the CD/Movie.

How could you not care about a MK-themed dubstep CD?!?

You may be right, and not that you couldn't get it for less elsewhere, but at least on Amazon right now both games are still close to full price.

FWIW...breaking it out, it looks like 12 bucks for season pass OR 15 bucks for all 4 characters, 5 bucks for all preorder skins/fatalities pack, ~12 bucks for the CD ~10 bucks for the movie.

So did the patch for the AK come out and does it fix any of the lag issues? I hated the lobby system they had that baiscally had you getting completely out of the multiplayer after each match.

[quote name='hufferstl']So did the patch for the AK come out and does it fix any of the lag issues? I hated the lobby system they had that baiscally had you getting completely out of the multiplayer after each match.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? Did you even look before asking? It's not even on the previous page. 10 posts up.

A little off-topic, but last week I managed to get something off Ebay that I've been looking for for a LONG time.

ejhmgw.jpg

If you don't recognize that, it's an offer from one of the MKII arcade revisions, Was only available as a mail-away for a limited time, so they aren't very easy to track down (how many people are going to write down an address that is only shown for about 10 seconds from a machine that is being played most of the time so it won't even be shown much in the first place?)

It's got all the MK 1 and 2 music on it. It wasn't cheap but I'm pretty fucking satisfied and it's in flawless (har har) condition.

2po2m28.jpg

Picked up the Komplete Edition not too long ago.

Does anyone still play? There hasn't been any posts in this thread for a little over half a year.

[quote name='KaneRobot']A little off-topic, but last week I managed to get something off Ebay that I've been looking for for a LONG time.

ejhmgw.jpg

If you don't recognize that, it's an offer from one of the MKII arcade revisions, Was only available as a mail-away for a limited time, so they aren't very easy to track down (how many people are going to write down an address that is only shown for about 10 seconds from a machine that is being played most of the time so it won't even be shown much in the first place?)

It's got all the MK 1 and 2 music on it. It wasn't cheap but I'm pretty fucking satisfied and it's in flawless (har har) condition.

2po2m28.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm late in saying this, but that is indeed an awesome collectible.

bread's done
Back