Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks Promo item

Rockman

CAG Veteran
I don't know if this is consider a deal or not but here it goes:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B281202A

It include a 6" inch action figure of Liu kang and Kung Lao. They also have this for the x-box. I played the demo on the x-box and I was very surprise. Thought the game would play like shit but it was pretty awesome. Play just like god of war. Everybody should give this game a chance. Can't wait for the game to come out. I have no use for the figure but its nice to get something extra for your $50.

I love Midway. They've been giving out the coolest pre-order bonuses as of late...like other games. :) Figures are cool, too.

I expect something really cool for Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows. And if they pick up Shadow Hearts: From the New World, which they'd better do, I bet it'll have something spiff, too.

Also, from what I played on the OPSM demo disc today, this game is pretty damn awesome, and I've never been a MK fan (though I respect the series, in a way). Definitely planning on getting it sometime. Pure chaotic fun. I expect much from the full game (looks like there are some far more scenic levels than what the demo had; some nice forests and the like).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I love Midway. They've been giving out the coolest pre-order bonuses as of late...like other games. :) Figures are cool, too.

I expect something really cool for Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows. And if they pick up Shadow Hearts: From the New World, which they'd better do, I bet it'll have something spiff, too.

Also, from what I played on the OPSM demo disc today, this game is pretty damn awesome, and I've never been a MK fan (though I respect the series, in a way). Definitely planning on getting it sometime. Pure chaotic fun. I expect much from the full game (looks like there are some far more scenic levels than what the demo had; some nice forests and the like).[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't pick up shadow hearts. For their sake, i kinda hope they don't. We don't need another majesco.

I too played the demo and thought it was pretty cool...at least better then my expectations. Is it worth $50 though? No way.

I too played the demo and thought it was pretty cool...at least better then my expectations. Is it worth $50 though? No way.

Well as for the future of Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, both John Romero and J.E. Sawyer have left. Sawyer was the main designer and basically number two in the heirarchy of the studio. Chances of the game being completed aren't that compelling to say the least.

[quote name='Rockman']I don't know if this is consider a deal or not but here it goes:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B281202A

It include a 6" inch action figure of Liu kang and Kung Lao. They also have this for the x-box. I played the demo on the x-box and I was very surprise. Thought the game would play like shit but it was pretty awesome. Play just like god of war. Everybody should give this game a chance. Can't wait for the game to come out. I have no use for the figure but its nice to get something extra for your $50.[/QUOTE]

^above:

I agree with ya'--the game played much better than I ever expected it to, and the fighting was really, realyl fun and satisfying; now, hopefully they add some more depth to the overall game and/or replay value, so it is truly worth the $50. Thanks for the cool post!

[quote name='Grugger']Well as for the future of Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, both John Romero and J.E. Sawyer have left. Sawyer was the main designer and basically number two in the heirarchy of the studio. Chances of the game being completed aren't that compelling to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows is still going to come out this fall. There are plenty of talented people still working on this game and it's practically finished by this point. Plus, Midway has already started to advertise for it fairly heavily in magazine ads.

[quote name='shipwreck']Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows is still going to come out this fall. There are plenty of talented people still working on this game and it's practically finished by this point. Plus, Midway has already started to advertise for it fairly heavily in magazine ads.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it will come with an elf as a pack-in for preorders. Not an elf figurine, but an actual elf. That would be cool. He could bake me some cookies.

[quote name='Grugger']Well as for the future of Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, both John Romero and J.E. Sawyer have left. Sawyer was the main designer and basically number two in the heirarchy of the studio. Chances of the game being completed aren't that compelling to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Hell, John Romero leaving actually means the game has a chance to be good now.

A producer for SH: Covenant posted on the SH:FTNW board that it's highly unlikely that Midway will pick it up since SH: Covenant did not make money for them.

FTNW is a pretty subpar game anyway, so don't be too disappointed if it doesn't come out here.

[quote name='Roufuss'][quote name='Grugger']Well as for the future of Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, both John Romero and J.E. Sawyer have left. Sawyer was the main designer and basically number two in the heirarchy of the studio. Chances of the game being completed aren't that compelling to say the least.[/quote]Hell, John Romero leaving actually means the game has a chance to be good now.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

Don't worry, Gregger. The game was pretty much done by the time they left, and it's still coming out as planned. It's far too high-profile for them to cancel it just because those two left the project.

[quote name='GameDude']I wouldn't be surprised if they don't pick up shadow hearts. For their sake, i kinda hope they don't. We don't need another majesco.[/QUOTE]Shadow hearts could be the next Final Fantasy if they marketed it properly. It's quirky, but if people can stomach FF, they can stomach this.

bread's done
Back