Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition (Xbox & PS3) - $149.99 + $2.99 shipping - Bestbuy (P

jdb230

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Bestbuy.com now has the Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition in stock for both PS3 and Xbox for $149.99 plus $2.99 shipping. You can possibly save the $2.99 shipping by having it shipped to a nearby store, however for me, only 1 of 3 nearby stores were able to do this, so it might be YMMV. This also comes with a free $10 bestbuy gift card, and if you are a gamers club member (free to sign up for), you will also receive a $10 certificate for spending $150 (yes I know this purchase would be .01 or 10.01 short depending if they discount the purchase price by $10 to acount for the gift card).

be careful though; I pre ordered mine about two months ago through bestbuy.com; they shipped it some weird service called streamline; no it won't show up until next tuesday!

still thought I got a tournament edition and I have portal 2 to hold me over

Kinda peeved that Best Buy has these but didn't ship any out to their actual stores, where people buy things. All 5 Best Buys somewhat near me received none and I had the guy check stock at even farther stores and they also had none. Only 2 stores in opposite corners of the state received any stock, and even then it was only 1 for either ps3/xbox, not both. It's like BB wants to clearance these out in a month or two. Lost a sale from me and just a bad feeling all around.

Streamlite is what they used for my mass effect 2 order when that came out. It came like 2 weeks after release day. Truly awful.

I don't know if it's standard but my TE that I picked up from bestbuy today came with Ermac, Sub Zero, and a scorpian avatar in the box. I've already sold the Ermac and Sub-Zero on ebay for $40 each....

[quote name='thetruth1983']I don't know if it's standard but my TE that I picked up from bestbuy today came with Ermac, Sub Zero, and a scorpian avatar in the box. I've already sold the Ermac and Sub-Zero on ebay for $40 each....[/QUOTE]

wasnt the scorpion exclusive to walmart? sounds like you got extremely lucky lol.

I am kicking myself for canceling my TE. I have a SF4 TE stick, which is obviously superior, but there was money to be made here, and that would've been good. Oh well, hindsight is 50/50

I was just at Best Buy in Saugus, MA picking up my copy of Portal 2 and 2 employees were buying all of the copies of this in front of me in line. They had 2 each.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Streamlite is what they used for my mass effect 2 order when that came out. It came like 2 weeks after release day. Truly awful.[/QUOTE]

from now on I will use in store pickup; I guess I learned my lesson

[quote name='kingjeff']I was just at Best Buy in Saugus, MA picking up my copy of Portal 2 and 2 employees were buying all of the copies of this in front of me in line. They had 2 each.[/QUOTE]

The tournament edition is in stock at some stores?

The real question is will it be around long enough for a price drop. Was there ever a hard number on the amount of sticks being made? This is a kinda tricky CE because I really like both versions and yet there's no way I can buy two CE's of this game at full price.

They said 20k, but how many they really made is anyones guess.

Either way my brother just got his PS3 TE stick in, its nasty. Ill prob grab a 360 version to save from BB.

My guess is in a few months these wont be on any store shelves. Heck i doubt youll see many on shelves in the next month.

I believe there's 20,000 bundles but you can buy the stick separately (can't remember what site it was that had them)

[quote name='diddy310']I believe there's 20,000 bundles but you can buy the stick separately (can't remember what site it was that had them)[/QUOTE]

that would be here...

http://www.pdp.com/mkstick/

only you're paying a full 130 for the stick alone...and it's just xbox 360

My BB.com order status says "delivery by the 26th". Being the impatient person I am, I just went went up to my local BB and bought one. They had 5 out total (both systems combined) - not sure if they had more or if they had sold any already.

[quote name='TheBigHouse']My BB.com order status says "delivery by the 26th". Being the impatient person I am, I just went went up to my local BB and bought one. They had 5 out total (both systems combined) - not sure if they had more or if they had sold any already.[/QUOTE]

Did your bestbuy show them in stock on the website? or did you just go there and bought it? Only curious because all the stores around me show as "ship to store".

[quote name='ephermal']be careful though; I pre ordered mine about two months ago through bestbuy.com; they shipped it some weird service called streamline; no it won't show up until next tuesday!

still thought I got a tournament edition and I have portal 2 to hold me over[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fujimitsu']Streamlite is what they used for my mass effect 2 order when that came out. It came like 2 weeks after release day. Truly awful.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just ordered Portal 2 from BestBuy.com the other day. It's the first time I've ordered something from BB.com in quite some time. On Monday morning I received an e-mail saying the game was shipped and on it's way. I figure "Ok, cool, I'll probably get it Wednesday or Thursday." I see this thread today and check my e-mail. Sure enough it's being shipped by Streamlite. I click on the tracking link and even though the e-mail says it shipped it still shows as processing in their warehouse. It says the estimated delivery date is April 26th. What a joke.

I think everyone needs to complain to BB's customer service about this shoddy shipping company.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Yeah, I just ordered Portal 2 from BestBuy.com the other day. It's the first time I've ordered something from BB.com in quite some time. On Monday morning I received an e-mail saying the game was shipped and on it's way. I figure "Ok, cool, I'll probably get it Wednesday or Thursday." I see this thread today and check my e-mail. Sure enough it's being shipped by Streamlite. I click on the tracking link and even though the e-mail says it shipped it still shows as processing in their warehouse. It says the estimated delivery date is April 26th. What a joke.

I think everyone needs to complain to BB's customer service about this shoddy shipping company.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but you only paid $2.99 for shipping this item....which I guarantee you with the size and weight of this item, they are still losing money on shipping it to you. If you wanted it faster, then you should have paid for the expedited shipping they offered.

[quote name='jdb230']Did your bestbuy show them in stock on the website? or did you just go there and bought it? Only curious because all the stores around me show as "ship to store".[/QUOTE]

It did say "Available". Actually this store has said "Available" since Friday, but they didn't put them out until today

If your a RZ silver member shipping is free plus you can use the "personal shopper" they'll hunt down the item for you & probably get in store p/u even if your store doesn't offer it. They could even do store to store in the same state/local area if high gas prices are an issue, best not to wait to the lat minute though this is a high demand item.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I don't know if it's standard but my TE that I picked up from bestbuy today came with Ermac, Sub Zero, and a scorpian avatar in the box. I've already sold the Ermac and Sub-Zero on ebay for $40 each....[/QUOTE]

Were all the DLC's in the game case or just in the box? I just picked mine up from BB an hr ago but won't be able to get to it tonight. Luckily I was able to find a store that had it it stock for store pick up. Guy at pickup said, they only receive 3 extra copies (as in not reserved for pre-orders), and employees bought up the extras. Glad I ordered early this morning.

I got mine from Amazon & it came w/that cardboard with all 3 of those avatars too (Ermac on a seperate cardboard). Did you just do a "buy it now" option for $40? I'm tempted to do this also since I could care less about what my avatar looks like, LOL!

[quote name='PatelKing']Were all the DLC's in the game case or just in the box? I just picked mine up from BB an hr ago but won't be able to get to it tonight. Luckily I was able to find a store that had it it stock for store pick up. Guy at pickup said, they only receive 3 extra copies (as in not reserved for pre-orders), and employees bought up the extras. Glad I ordered early this morning.[/QUOTE]

Ermac & MK/Sub-Zero/Scorpion cardboards were inside retail box but not inside game case. Only items inside game case (besides disc) were manual, catalog of merchandise & Kombat Pass (online). Oh yeah, Amazon emailed me the code for Classic Reptile skin yesterday right after they charged my card.

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope these have some crazy price drop at some point. I want it, but $150 is so high. Especially considering I'm an x-arcade affiliate and could just buy from them and make money off of it lol.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I got mine from Amazon & it came w/that cardboard with all 3 of those avatars too (Ermac on a seperate cardboard). Did you just do a "buy it now" option for $40? I'm tempted to do this also since I could care less about what my avatar looks like, LOL![/QUOTE]
Wow, if that was a for-sure thing I'd probably buy one myself.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I got mine from Amazon & it came w/that cardboard with all 3 of those avatars too (Ermac on a seperate cardboard). Did you just do a "buy it now" option for $40? I'm tempted to do this also since I could care less about what my avatar looks like, LOL![/QUOTE]
Wow, if that was a for-sure thing I'd probably buy one myself.

[quote name='PatelKing']Were all the DLC's in the game case or just in the box? I just picked mine up from BB an hr ago but won't be able to get to it tonight. Luckily I was able to find a store that had it it stock for store pick up. Guy at pickup said, they only receive 3 extra copies (as in not reserved for pre-orders), and employees bought up the extras. Glad I ordered early this morning.[/QUOTE]

All 3 of mine were on those cardboard papers that are separate from the game case

I just put them on ebay with a starting price of $20 and a buy it now price of $40. I only did 1 day auctions too. I also managed to go to Toys R Us and I did their $50 gift card promo to get 2 copies of MK and 1 copy of portal. Both of the MKs came with a Kitana costume that I sold for $40 each on ebay. I also listed both of the MKs on ebay as well as Portal 2 (after redeeming the voucher for the PC download). At the end of the day, I plan to break even on all the money I spent and get a free MK TE and Portal 2 on PC.

[quote name='CXK']I'm going to cross my fingers and hope these have some crazy price drop at some point. I want it, but $150 is so high. Especially considering I'm an x-arcade affiliate and could just buy from them and make money off of it lol.

Wow, if that was a for-sure thing I'd probably buy one myself.[/QUOTE]

IMO, chances of finding it next month (if at all) are very slim unless they pull a Nintendo (w/Mario All-Stars) & issue a 2nd production for this TE package so highly doubt price will drop dramatically. If you really break it down, $150 is a heck of a deal considering you're paying only $90 for the stick. From a reputable custom shop (Arcade-In-A-Box, etc.), a quality wooden stick w/Happ parts (minus the nice features of this one) would go for $150+. I've only opened the package tp checkout the goods but from a quality control standpoint, it looks great! Nice attention to detail as well (memory foam on bottom, hinge for inside store, padding on inner lid, detachable USB cable for PS3 version which never happens, etc.). I'm also a joystick collector/enthusiast so that's saying something!

Ya, I'll probably list the DLC stuff on eBay later tonight.

[quote name='thetruth1983']...I just put them on ebay with a starting price of $20 and a buy it now price of $40. I only did 1 day auctions too. I also managed to go to Toys R Us and I did their $50 gift card promo to get 2 copies of MK and 1 copy of portal. Both of the MKs came with a Kitana costume that I sold for $40 each on ebay. I also listed both of the MKs on ebay as well as Portal 2 (after redeeming the voucher for the PC download). At the end of the day, I plan to break even on all the money I spent and get a free MK TE and Portal 2 on PC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the detailed info!

Last edited by a moderator:
When i picked up Portal 2 this morning, they had 1 copy left of the 360 TE in stock. Along with 2 KE's for both PS3 and 360.

Though, i already had ordered from Amazon.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I got mine from Amazon & it came w/that cardboard with all 3 of those avatars too (Ermac on a seperate cardboard). Did you just do a "buy it now" option for $40? I'm tempted to do this also since I could care less about what my avatar looks like, LOL!

Ermac & MK/Sub-Zero/Scorpion cardboards were inside retail box but not inside game case. Only items inside game case (besides disc) were manual, catalog of merchandise & Kombat Pass (online). Oh yeah, Amazon emailed me the code for Classic Reptile skin yesterday right after they charged my card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thetruth1983']All 3 of mine were on those cardboard papers that are separate from the game case

I just put them on ebay with a starting price of $20 and a buy it now price of $40. I only did 1 day auctions too. I also managed to go to Toys R Us and I did their $50 gift card promo to get 2 copies of MK and 1 copy of portal. Both of the MKs came with a Kitana costume that I sold for $40 each on ebay. I also listed both of the MKs on ebay as well as Portal 2 (after redeeming the voucher for the PC download). At the end of the day, I plan to break even on all the money I spent and get a free MK TE and Portal 2 on PC.[/QUOTE]

Excellent! Thanks for the responses guys! I too will get rid of my DLC's. I completely forgot about the TRU deal which would've been great too and I was right by one earlier, DOH! But the wife was with me and starving so I prob wouldn't have been able to.

Someone did mention though that TRU had a $10 off coupon somewhere for MK? anybody know how to get that? I wouldn't mind getting a regular copy for PS3 in addition to the XBOX TE edition, only for Kratos and sell off the Kitana DLC card.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I got mine from Amazon & it came w/that cardboard with all 3 of those avatars too (Ermac on a seperate cardboard). Did you just do a "buy it now" option for $40? I'm tempted to do this also since I could care less about what my avatar looks like, LOL!

Ermac & MK/Sub-Zero/Scorpion cardboards were inside retail box but not inside game case. Only items inside game case (besides disc) were manual, catalog of merchandise & Kombat Pass (online). Oh yeah, Amazon emailed me the code for Classic Reptile skin yesterday right after they charged my card.[/QUOTE]

Do all of the TEs come with the same avatars?

[quote name='confoosious']Do all of the TEs come with the same avatars?[/QUOTE]

My TE from GS came with Ermac DLC skin voucher and the scorpion/subzero avatars on a separate voucher. Only bought it at GS because I have too much GS credit to get rid of :cry:

[quote name='PatelKing']Excellent! Thanks for the responses guys! I too will get rid of my DLC's. I completely forgot about the TRU deal which would've been great too and I was right by one earlier, DOH! But the wife was with me and starving so I prob wouldn't have been able to...[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! :)

[quote name='confoosious']Do all of the TEs come with the same avatars?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about 360 version but for the PS3 version, yes! Only difference w/the TE's is where you pre-order/buy from since each major retailer (BB, GS, Amazon, Walmart & TRU I think) has a different klassic skin (Reptile, Kitana, Scorpion & Sub-zero I think).

[quote name='confoosious']So is Kitana still available at TRU if you went in tomorrow or did that one guy get lucky?[/QUOTE]

Not sure since I bought mine from Amazon. Usually, something like this (DLC promo from a retailer if you pre-order) is available only for pre-order peeps but who knows. All I know is that I just checked Gamestop's website & even though it says it's in-stock (PS3 version), it doesn't list the free DLC pre-order klassic skin anymore.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, i would expect that kitana wouldn't still be given out but if they were, that's awesome.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly! Mine shipped out yesterday (Monday) & once they charged my card, I got an email from Amazon for Reptile's klassic skin psn code...& it arrived today, woohoo!!!

[quote name='Donut2922']My TE from GS came with Ermac DLC skin voucher and the scorpion/subzero avatars on a separate voucher. Only bought it at GS because I have too much GS credit to get rid of :cry:[/QUOTE]

Scorpion AND Sub-Zero avatar costumes?!?! WTF GS? All I got was Scorpion and some gay t-shirt.

And where the heck is my Liu Kang avatar DLC now that I think about it?

[quote name='VOLTAN']Scorpion AND Sub-Zero avatar costumes?!?! WTF GS? All I got was Scorpion and some gay t-shirt.

And where the heck is my Liu Kang avatar DLC now that I think about it?[/QUOTE]

Scorpion, Sub-zero avatars, Ermac klassic skin (& original fatality) & MK theme only available in the TE bundle. It might be in the Kollector's edition but it's mos def not in the regular game-only version.

[quote name='PatelKing']

Someone did mention though that TRU had a $10 off coupon somewhere for MK? anybody know how to get that? I wouldn't mind getting a regular copy for PS3 in addition to the XBOX TE edition, only for Kratos and sell off the Kitana DLC card.[/QUOTE]

Check at the exit end of all the registers, there should be some magazines sitting there (forget what they call it) - its the one with the Michael Jackson Experience cover.

[quote name='confoosious']thetruth - did they have a stack of kitana cards they were giving out at TRU or what?[/QUOTE]

Kitana is packaged inside the game. At TRU, I only picked up the regular copy so unsure about the TE/KE editions. My local stores did not even carry them. However, fwiw the TRU,BB, and Amazon UPC's all had their own unique numbering. The games had the Kitana stickers on the front cover just like BB's.

[quote name='VOLTAN']Scorpion AND Sub-Zero avatar costumes?!?! WTF GS? All I got was Scorpion and some gay t-shirt.

And where the heck is my Liu Kang avatar DLC now that I think about it?[/QUOTE]

Scorpion and Sub-Zero are only avatars. Ermac was the only classic skin DLC. I'm looking at my KE guide and the fatalities are unlockable in the Krypt while the skin costumes are not available through unlocking. They'll be coming out as purchasable DLC down the line however (based on reading other MK boards however this is not confirmed although I'd bet on it).

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Scorpion, Sub-zero avatars, Ermac klassic skin (& original fatality) & MK theme only available in the TE bundle. It might be in the Kollector's edition but it's mos def not in the regular game-only version.[/QUOTE]

You mean this TE? I got the scorpion avatar & Ermac, but no theme nor sub zero avatar. Were those only in the PS3 edition?
IMG_20110419_002741.jpg

[quote name='VOLTAN']You mean this TE? I got the scorpion avatar & Ermac, but no theme nor sub zero avatar. Were those only in the PS3 edition?
IMG_20110419_002741.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If you bought the TE at Best Buy then you got the Sub-Zero and Ermac vouchers for the original costumes in the game AND the Scorpion costume for your xbox avatar. Xbox users got the scorpion costume for their avatar as a "bonus" since the xbox version doesn't include an extra playable character like the PS3 version that has Kratos.

bread's done
Back