Mortal Kombat Tournament Edtion 59.99 at Best Buy YMMV

icehouse

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Just got back from Best Buy, trying to get a 9.99 copy of Borderland, and saw MK tournament Ed for 59.99. The only one they had in stock was the xbox 360 version. They had one left. Hope this can help someone. Augusta Maine Best Buy

Wow, that's a hell of a find. The tournament edition is the one with the fight stick yes? I know for a fact that my BBY has one and I would love to get it for this price. I am definitely going to go check tomorrow but I somehow think I'm going to be disappointed.

I would think you mean Kollector's Edition with the bookends. A TE for 60$, omg, amazing find. You shoulda bought it and sold it!

Heading out to BB right now, cause it's like 5 mins away to check this out.
Hope it's the Tourney ed and not the Kollectors >_>

No, it was the edition with the stick. They had the Kollectors ed as well, but it was full price 99.99. There were some other collector editions on clearance as well, but they were not the deal that the stick was. Halo reach with the action figure statue was 79.99 and dc online with the batman statue for 59.99. I would have bought it, but i have a baby on the way, and my wife says i already have too many over sized controllers. :)

[quote name='icehouse']No, it was the edition with the stick. They had the Kollectors ed as well, but it was full price 99.99. There were some other collector editions on clearance as well, but they were not the deal that the stick was. Halo reach with the action figure statue was 79.99 and dc online with the batman statue for 59.99. I would have bought it, but i have a baby on the way, and my wife says i already have too many over sized controllers. :)[/QUOTE]

Lol.
Thanks for the find though. I hope we have the same luck.
Although I'd prefer to have the PS3 one :p

I see one by me that has it in stock. I'll run up there tomorrow, but I'd like to hear if anyone can confirm the price. $60 is a freaking amazing score for this one.

I nearly shat a brick when I read Augusta, ME. I was just there today and didn't see it. Was it with all of the other CEs like Halo Reach Legendary, AC:B, etc? I did see the Kollector's Edition but no tourney!

Hmm...I wonder if this price will be like the Borderlands GOTY seems to be (universal), or if it will be YMMV like a lot of other stuff (for example I was in a few stores today with stacks of Halo Reach Legendaries for full price).

I suspect the OP may have meant the regular KE. I was at that BB 3 or 4 hours before he posted this and saw nothing, and I think the one KE they had was $59.99, but I'm not positive. Also, nothing is showing up in the store locator, but of course it could have been snatched up tonight. I really hope I'm wrong so I can go back tomorrow!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:ps3: SKU: 1991053
Found here: http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/199...ent-edition-playstation-3-reviews/reviews.htm

Stock locator link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

:360: SKU: 1991123
Found here: http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/199...urnament-edition-xbox-360-reviews/reviews.htm

Stock locator link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post icehouse, and thanks for the locator links IAmTheCheapestGamer. Fingers crossed I find one tomorrow at that price.

I found one location that's about thirty-miles away. Since I'll be headed near that area tomorrow anyway, I think it will be worth a look. I'm not holding my breath, however.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']I nearly shat a brick when I read Augusta, ME. I was just there today and didn't see it. Was it with all of the other CEs like Halo Reach Legendary, AC:B, etc? I did see the Kollector's Edition but no tourney![/QUOTE]

It was on the back wall, next to the assassin creed brotherhood collectors ed. Good luck.

think i might check out the best buy closest to me. i've never found the site to be any help wit ship to store or checking stock... ever... never ever lol - i dont mind gettin a decent stick and a great game for 60 (i could always sell my old, sealed copy lol)

[quote name='Donut2922']None in the bay area. I had an empoyee look up the SKU for both versions in-store. MK is bad ass.[/QUOTE]

Did it show up as $60 in the system?

I just got the last one at Atlantic Terminal in brooklyn. The shelf tag was $149.99 but when I broguth it to the register it scanned for $59.99-With a $90.00 clearance discount printed on the reciept next to the sku. The guy at the register was really surprised and kept scanning it repeatedly as if the scanner was broken :) This is confirmed as the tournamernt edition. Thanks again OP!

[quote name='dabamus']Did it show up as $60 in the system?[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask once the empoyee told me there were none in stock for me within my 30 mile radius. Sorry I forgot to ask :cry:

[quote name='Donut2922']I didn't ask once the empoyee told me there were none in stock for me within my 30 mile radius. Sorry I forgot to ask :cry:[/QUOTE]

haha the person I asked said there was none in michigan and asked if I was willing to go to ohio ~_~;; didnt seem to care anymore...

Stock checker shows none available in my area and the closest Best Buy to check for myself is twenty-five minutes away. I'm very tempted to use my time and gas to check for this.

Congratulations to everyone who gets in on this.

PS3 is more rare. You can buy the Xbox fight stick from PDP's website anytime. I thought these were supposed to be limited. Lies.

Damn.. Ive been checking back there often too. Live in waterville so the drive isn't bad, but im up by sugarloaf camping until tuesday. Probably no way its still there on tuesday. Oh well, nice find op!

[quote name='isaac clarke']Crap. I just had an employee scan a PS3 version in goodyear, AZ and it's still 149.99. FML[/QUOTE]

This.

Grrrrrrrrrrr :( I'm curious though, for the people that bought it, did yours have a replacement sticker bar code? Cause that's how it was at my best buy. Hmmmmmmmm I guess an employee knows and wanted it for themselves.
*puts tin foil hat on*

Confirmed in Florida. Got the last one (360) at the location in St. Petersburg. Shelf sticker confirmed the clearance price.

Confirmed in Florida. Got the last one (360) at the St. Petersburg location. Shelf sticker confirmed the clearance price.

Its apparently only for the xbox version. None of the ps3 versions in my area are $60. I had the CSR look the prices up at each store. ALl xbox were 60 and all ps3 were $150.

Well there is one 360 version near me but no ps3. Shame I already have it on the 360 though maybe i'll go pick it up as a gift

well, i pulld the trigger on my a replacement fightstick for my husband. He took his Mk copy and traded it in. Got $24 bucks for it and paid for the remainder. He paid $36 bucks for a replacement fightstick if his breaks down the road and he got his game back. Great deal. Thanks op.

bread's done
Back