Mortal Kombat Tournament Edtion 59.99 at Best Buy YMMV

icehouse

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Just got back from Best Buy, trying to get a 9.99 copy of Borderland, and saw MK tournament Ed for 59.99. The only one they had in stock was the xbox 360 version. They had one left. Hope this can help someone. Augusta Maine Best Buy

anyone who already has MK and will have a second copy of it with this deal, Amazon is buying the game for $30 for both systems. I have it on the PS3, selling that copy and keeping the 360 version. Didn't really use Kratos all that much.

Thanks so much OP! I snagged the last copy in the Austin area. It was sitting under a folding table of random games right at the entrance, still marked $150 but it rang up $60.

[quote name='nas6034']I havent opened it yet but wth comes in the box. It's heavy.[/QUOTE]

Just snagged the last one in Woodmore, MD , I forgot how heavy that box is. There is nothing in there but the stick and game.

Got mine at Biddeford Maine Bestbuy. Wasn't even out in the store and the clerk had no idea what it was; he found it in the backroom lol

are we sure it's not this? lol

61T8X4HYBFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[quote name='theking20']This.

Grrrrrrrrrrr :( I'm curious though, for the people that bought it, did yours have a replacement sticker bar code? Cause that's how it was at my best buy. Hmmmmmmmm I guess an employee knows and wanted it for themselves.
*puts tin foil hat on*[/QUOTE]

Yes, mine did have a different sticker placed over the original SKU.

[quote name='Drclaw411']are we sure it's not this? lol

61T8X4HYBFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

ONLY IF GAMEBOY ADVANCED means XBOX 360 and the regular PRICE was $149.99. LOL (see below)

THANKS OP! Found one on the way to the folks house for the 4th. I can confirm one is in the Douglasville, Ga. store if you're in the area.

If the guy that missed this at Steelyard Commons in Cleveland is on here, don't worry you didn't miss much. I got the last one and the arcade stick was broke all to hell. I'm going to have to return the thing tomorrow. I would just replace it, but the shipping hurts the deal then.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']If the guy that missed this at Steelyard Commons in Cleveland is on here, don't worry you didn't miss much. I got the last one and the arcade stick was broke all to hell. I'm going to have to return the thing tomorrow. I would just replace it, but the shipping hurts the deal then.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I decided not to make the trip up there to get one then.

can't find any in texas using the locator. if anyone has any luck with an extra one for the 360 i'd gladly take it off their hands and pay the shipping costs!!

I'm somewhat glad my BB didn't have this. I just bought an MvC3 TE stick for $160 on Thursday. I would have been crushed if I could have got a TE stick for $60 WITH MK, even if the sticks are way different.

i got this when it first came out for $150. this is a fat deal. none in the Central Valley, CA though. I'd like another stick for modding purposes, oh well

Guess I got the last one in Rhode Island, had to drive like 35 miles to get it. But for the price this thing is worth it, too bad they don't have the PS3 one at the same price.

[quote name='jacobeid']I'm somewhat glad my BB didn't have this. I just bought an MvC3 TE stick for $160 on Thursday. I would have been crushed if I could have got a TE stick for $60 WITH MK, even if the sticks are way different.[/QUOTE]

I like the MK stick, but the stick you got is way better. well, maybe not layout wise, but I used the 6 button layout fine with mk.

The Best Buy in McHenry IL was the only one within 100 miles of Chicago that had the MK Tournament Edition in stock.

Wow and I thought I scored huge when I bought this on Ebay for $84 shipped new on a horribly listed BIN listing a couple weeks ago.

Got the last one at the Owensboro, Ky store. Turned around and traded the game itself back in for $24, since I already had the game :) can't wait to try out the stick.

[quote name='dabamus']Good thing I decided not to make the trip up there to get one then.[/QUOTE]

Me 3. I almost went out there today.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I like the MK stick, but the stick you got is way better. well, maybe not layout wise, but I used the 6 button layout fine with mk.[/QUOTE]

It is way better, including layout-wise. The MK layout doesn't even work well for this game.

Having used these before at a local MK tournament, the quality of this stick really isn't that great. You will want to replace the buttons and joystick if you're serious about fighting games.

Still a great deal for the price, though, considering how easy these are to mod.

[quote name='AEJustin1']wired unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

wired is GOOD. Wired tournament sticks are garbage. Are you sure they're wired? I could have sworn hearing they were wireless. Thats one of the reasons i didn't bother looking into it

If its wired i may look into this

Wired, quite a nice stick too. Got my PS3 version at launch and still dont regret it. (As compared to that garbage Tekken 6 stick i regretted a week later

i picked up the last one in the dallas/ft worth area over the weekend, locater showed another but i couldn't find it after driving 30 minutes ;) great deal though, thanks for the heads up OP!

tnx for the info. Double checked online and it is indeed wired. I like the layout and that its the old US arcade bat stick.. but the button layout is HORRIBLE. I guess its designed for MK, but that makes it pretty much worthless for street fighter or most other 2d fighters which is what i would be using it for =( Looks like its 4 buttons in a row at a slight angle, and then 2 stuck oddly on top and bottom of the row. I cant see using that for SF or blazblue or anything which is what i wanted it for for the 360 (got the limited edition blazblue stick for the PS3)

[quote name='Kenshindono']tnx for the info. Double checked online and it is indeed wired. I like the layout and that its the old US arcade bat stick.. but the button layout is HORRIBLE. I guess its designed for MK, but that makes it pretty much worthless for street fighter or most other 2d fighters which is what i would be using it for =( Looks like its 4 buttons in a row at a slight angle, and then 2 stuck oddly on top and bottom of the row. I cant see using that for SF or blazblue or anything which is what i wanted it for for the 360 (got the limited edition blazblue stick for the PS3)[/QUOTE]

Even for MK it's not that great.

I can't understand for the life of me why the L1 and R2 button are at the center of the joystick near the Xbox/PS3 Home button ie. it's unusable.

If you want a serious stick get the MadCatz TE stick and just use the MK faceplate.

[quote name='Naramie']I can't understand for the life of me why the L1 and R2 button are at the center of the joystick near the Xbox/PS3 Home button ie. it's unusable.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's definitely a confusing design choice even for the game it's made for. Doing an x-ray move just feels funky with the odd trigger button placement. That said, this is my first home fight/arcade stick since the NES Advantage, so I'm loving it, especially for retro games and XBLA titles.

bread's done
Back