Mortal Kombat Vita - 20$

Thanks for the post. I've been wanting to thank you since the day you posted but as I was new that day I was unable to post until now. I PM'd at BB to get it for $18.99 and used a GC I had. Great deal on a game I've wanted since before I bought my Vita.

Vita version looks like a PS2 game. The gameplay is intact, but I believe the gore is part of the MK experience, I traded the game for Uncharted Golden Abyss. Even though I have vanilla MK9, I'm rather interested in Komplete. It comes with digital downloads for the movie and... Techno Syndrome

It's my fondest memory of Mortal Kombat.

Huh?

MK9 on Vita is amazing - it has all the content of the Komplete console version - may be missing some constumes (people actually buy and care about that crap? lol), but it has the DLC characters and that's all that's important. The extra Vita content is mostly crap but at least the Fruit Ninja clone is good - better than the real thing.

The gore is almost all there too....blood may be cut down a bit during fatalities to keep the frame-rate up....but you'd have to be pretty damn sadistic to notice. It looks like a PS3/360 game in slightly lower resolution. But you hardly notice with how well it looks on Vita's OLED. Can't wait to see my PSOne games on Vita.

MK9 is arguably the best hand held fighting game in the history of gaming. That's how good it is. You'd have to not own a Vita and/or hate fighting games to not get it at $20. I only wish I could transfer my PS3 save.

The content is all there, except for the movie and soundtrack download. It doesn't look like the PS3 game in low-res. Playing MK9 on an SDTV would still look better than the game on Vita. The models and textures all got downgraded. It's especially embarrassing during the X-ray attacks. The online is also gimped since you don't have the spectator modes.

Also, I don't think playing PSone games on Vita is going to do them any favors. The games do look alright on PSP, but blowing them up on Vita is a different matter.

Its np guys.

It looks great , but when it zooms in you can tell the character models arent as good.

No big deal though , great game for 18.99.

Im sure its worth over 8 trade in at eb , so pretty much 25$ so even if youre dissapointed youll make a few bucks by trading towards something =P

[quote name='IceCreamTaco']Im sure its worth over 8 trade in at eb , so pretty much 25$ so even if youre dissapointed youll make a few bucks by trading towards something =P[/QUOTE]
Does EB even bump stuff to $25 anymore? I think they have one for hardware, but they're not even doing those Trade 2 for $50 anymore.

[quote name='Mr.']The content is all there, except for the movie and soundtrack download. It doesn't look like the PS3 game in low-res. Playing MK9 on an SDTV would still look better than the game on Vita. The models and textures all got downgraded. It's especially embarrassing during the X-ray attacks. The online is also gimped since you don't have the spectator modes.

Also, I don't think playing PSone games on Vita is going to do them any favors. The games do look alright on PSP, but blowing them up on Vita is a different matter.[/QUOTE]

To each his own. Guess I`m just easier to please. I still play my GBA micro & SP a few times a month - after playing my GBAs, DSi, 3DS, & PSP 3000 (also have an Asus Eee pad and Galaxy SII) - everything looks amazing on Vità`s screen.

My logic for PSOne games is how much better PSP games look on Vita`s screen....I`m sure Sony will include some similar filter effects. I`m guessing games llke Tomba, Oddworld and the Final Fantasys will look the best they every have on a small screen.

[quote name='IceCreamTaco']Its np guys.

It looks great , but when it zooms in you can tell the character models arent as good.

No big deal though , great game for 18.99.

Im sure its worth over 8 trade in at eb , so pretty much 25$ so even if youre dissapointed youll make a few bucks by trading towards something =P[/QUOTE]

ya you really only notice during fatalies or close-ups.

When playing it it`s impossible to notice (unless you watch games, not play them) - the game is rock solid & fluid 60 fps (again, during gameplay).

Been playing the bonus challenge tower - and I take it back, the extra Vita content is actually pretty good. The bonus challenge tower seems way more original and fun than the regular one (also in the home versions),

bread's done
Back