Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe - Gen. Discussion & Info.

[quote name='buterbals']Ed Boon recently confirmed a character that WON'T be in the game, and that character is:

Reptile
[/QUOTE]

Lame as hell. Hasn't he been in every MK game to date?

I found myself watching the TNA Impact feed in the background more than paying attention to the interview.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Lame as hell. Hasn't he been in every MK game to date?

I found myself watching the TNA Impact feed in the background more than paying attention to the interview.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he was out on Deception, but had turned into the Dragon King.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Pretty sure he was out on Deception, but had turned into the Dragon King.[/quote]

wtf.. where did this come from?

dragon king was former ruler of outworld..

Reptile was my favorite character since mk1.. until they started changing him from ninja form to more creature like...

The straight-up Lizard Reptile that was in Deadly Alliance was pretty lame, but the one with like bandages wrapped around his head was alrite.

LAME
Render-1-.gif

NOT BAD
250px-Reptile.jpg

Street Fighter IV Producer on going against MKvsDC:

Yoshinori Ono responds to Mortal Kombat creator's trash talk.

Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono has responded to Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon's recent comment that MKVSDCU will "kick" Street Fighter IV's "ass" by saying "bring it on!".

Ono-san issued the rebuke in an interview with VideoGamer.com from Leipzig Games Convention, to be published later today. But he also welcomed the competition, saying that if the Midway published title can convert comic fans to fighting game fans, then "the more the merrier".

He said: "You know what, if they can turn the comic fan into a fighting genre fan, the more the merrier. If they can kick our ass, so be it, bring it on! We're in the same team as far as we're concerned so if they can do it, great."

The talk rekindles memories from the early Nineties, when Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat were the two biggest games on earth and playground fights centred around which fighter was better.

Currently, Street Fighter IV does not have a console release date, although it is out in Japanese arcades. Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe is due out for Xbox 360 and PS3 this autumn

http://www.videogamer.com/news/26-08-2008-9164.html

[quote name='guyver2077']wtf.. where did this come from?

dragon king was former ruler of outworld..

Reptile was my favorite character since mk1.. until they started changing him from ninja form to more creature like...[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess it was kind of like the scene in Ghost were Swayze inhabits Whoopi Goldberg. I believe it was referenced in the Deadly Alliance when you beat the game with Reptile.

Taken from GameFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/551907/20397
Reptile
----------
(Image of Reptile alone in the volcano)
Despite the strong sulphurous stench that filled the chamber, Reptile
could smell that Nitara and Cyrax had been there recently. There was no
sign of them now, except for some scattered glass shards and a residual
trace of strong magical energies. His revenge would have to wait.

(Image of the Dragon King's egg blasting Reptile)
Suddenly an expectant hush filled the chamber as energy cascaded around
what appeared to be a dragon embryo. The tiny dragon stretched and the
egg cracked. A beam of energy ripped out from inside and lanced into
Reptile. His world was filled with roaring power as his squamous body
was twisted and transformed. The ancient prophecy had been fulfilled:
the Dragon King had returned.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']The straight-up Lizard Reptile that was in Deadly Alliance was pretty lame, but the one with like bandages wrapped around his head was alrite.

LAME
Render-1-.gif

NOT BAD
250px-Reptile.jpg
[/quote]
:lol:

I hated fighting Reptile in MK:SM. And in every other MK game.

[quote name='buterbals']Here is the render for Raiden. This version is not high quality. Im guessing the better version will be out in a few.
[/QUOTE]

He looks kinda.....chunky

I haven't seen anything about MKvDC until now but wow I'm excited for this game. The new fighting situations are interesting, the sound effects sound nice and the "battle damage" you get is a nice touch.

[quote name='Greetard']I thought Raiden was still evil- shouldn't his eyes be red and shit?[/QUOTE]

I guess they're ignoring more recent events...which is lame, since angry, vengeful Raiden was awesome.

[quote name='lilboo']I like these achievements! It seems like a manageable 1000/1000 :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I could live without 25 ranked match wins in a row...

Other than that they're pretty good

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I wasn't expecting Lex Luthor or Shao Khan.
I was expecting Johnny Cage and Aquaman.[/quote]
I would've liked less Baraka and more Cage.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I could live without 25 ranked match wins in a row...

Other than that they're pretty good[/quote]

Seriously, who is going to want to try to win 25 matches in a row. Especially if its anything like Soul Calibur 4 online. I can already hear the people asking me to let them win 25 matches in a row.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']really? sure cooler, but deadpool has always stood out more due to personality.[/quote]

merc with a mouth

I hope ryan reynolds does him right in the wolverine film

I hope your jokeing about reynolds playing him in the movie. I just cant really picture him as deadpool.

Now back on topic, I think the list of fighters could be better however I am glad Joker is in it. I think they could have done better by puting Doomsday in and not Lex. Also I'm still not likeing the Jokers fatality.

[quote name='sendme']I hope your jokeing about reynolds playing him in the movie. I just cant really picture him as deadpool.
[/quote]
Ryan Reynolds in all his movies plays arrogant, mouthy, overly sarcastic asshole. What can't you picture? Seriously, he's shown he can get buff as hell in Blade Trinity and can do action films.

Also he's expressed that he's a fan of the character (that and Wally West, which I'll admit he can probably do a good Flash as well).

I could see Reynolds as DP or Wally. I am not a fan but think his personality would adhere well to the characters.

*dodges bullets*

awww, no Wii waggle action? ha.

The game looks great, characters aren't too bad, kinda wished they would have added more playable characters.

[quote name='chasemurata']I could see Reynolds as DP or Wally. I am not a fan but think his personality would adhere well to the characters.

*dodges bullets*[/quote]
Sarcastic asshole?

Thy name is Ryan Reynolds.

[quote name='buterbals']Midway has released Kano's Render:

I don't really like the "Terminator" look.[/quote]
Superman II's Non
non1.jpg
+ T-800
t800metal.jpg

= New Kano

I only hope whenever Kano fights there's bongo's playing for every dramatic/ tense moment and that he only makes awkward incoherent noises whenever he talks.

I don't really like the "Terminator" look.[/QUOTE]

That's the worst thing I've ever seen.

I don't really like the "Terminator" look.[/quote]

Im afraid that if i select him, a 30 minute cutscene might pop up and try to sell me a jug of oxi clean.

billym.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kayden']Hasn't Kano always looked like that?[/quote]

No, in the early MK games he was almost bald. Seems like the more we see him in MK games the more hair he grows on his head/beard.

bread's done
Back