most 360 games are...

Wolfgame

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
kinda terrible, in all honesty most of the games are simply over hyped medicore titles. Most people seem to be fooling themselves pretending that the 360 is somehow pushing the industry (particularly graphics) forward, but its really nothing so amazeing that I couldn't see the first Xbox doing it.

I'm not some Sony fanboy or anything I got the original xbox and 360 in the launch window but other than a few select titles (Oblivion, ghost recon) most of them are on the edge of terrible, such as Dead Rising and Saints Row, obviously this is just my opinon but if the state of games doesnt change these *great* titles have done nothing but set a decline for the industry.

Dead Rising is NOT a terrible game. It almost made me buy a 360 after I played it.

But I would agree that there are more mediocre games than good games on the 360.

"but its really nothing so amazeing that I couldn't see the first Xbox doing it."

Maybe you should play almost every 360 game(excluding games like Gun) in HD with surround sound and you will realize the statement I quoted is pretty dumb.

he speaks the truth. me personally....i just got a 360 2 weeks ago and i do enjoy it very much. the games i have played have been enjoyable in some ways and not fun in some ways. i think we have all become used to their being a huge improvement in each generation of systems, so we expect to be amazed by the new systems.

for dead rising he is right on with that one. there are so many issuses with gameplay that you would think would be taken care of by now.

Dead Rising is a very creative and fun game, and most systems are loaded with crappy games and have a select few great titles. Name one that isn't that way.

[quote name='Wolfgame']kinda terrible, in all honesty most of the games are simply over hyped medicore titles. Most people seem to be fooling themselves pretending that the 360 is somehow pushing the industry (particularly graphics) forward, but its really nothing so amazeing that I couldn't see the first Xbox doing it.

I'm not some Sony fanboy or anything I got the original xbox and 360 in the launch window but other than a few select titles (Oblivion, ghost recon) most of them are on the edge of terrible, such as Dead Rising and Saints Row, obviously this is just my opinon but if the state of games doesnt change these *great* titles have done nothing but set a decline for the industry.[/QUOTE]
You must have missed your exit. Just make a u-turn at the next intersection and head back south, should lead you right to your destination.

I agree, but also think that people expect way to much out of the 360, except graphics. Its the same thing as other console games, you just have to wait for a good developer and game. Such as oblivion. And im sure GoW, Halo3, and GTA4 are going to be those games.

[quote name='Wolfgame']kinda terrible, in all honesty most of the games are simply over hyped medicore titles. Most people seem to be fooling themselves pretending that the 360 is somehow pushing the industry (particularly graphics) forward, but its really nothing so amazeing that I couldn't see the first Xbox doing it.

I'm not some Sony fanboy or anything I got the original xbox and 360 in the launch window but other than a few select titles (Oblivion, ghost recon) most of them are on the edge of terrible, such as Dead Rising and Saints Row, obviously this is just my opinon but if the state of games doesnt change these *great* titles have done nothing but set a decline for the industry.[/quote]:roll:

[quote name='Ugamer_X']You must have missed your exit. Just make a u-turn at the next intersection and head back south, should lead you right to your destination.[/QUOTE]

NICE.

It's good to see the replies are worth reading at least, considering the OP is a complete waste of time and effort.

I'm going to have to agree.

I purchased a 360 near launch and havent been really satisified with it, other then Lego Star Wars and the Xbox Live Marketplace, I could really care less.

And the only games that were good on the 360 were also on the PC and I PERFERED them on the PC.

Oblivion to name one.

So wait, you had to come an Xbox 360 portion of the forum to tell us you believe the games are terrible?

So did you think you were being original? I mean, who would have ever thought of coming to a specific console's forum and complain about that console? Did you patent this idea? Because you're the absolute first person to think of it.

Seriously, I'm fairly certain no one gives a rat's ass about your opinion.

On a side bar, does anyone else notice the amount of "Oh noes! The industry is declining! Trust me! I know the pattern because I watch G4 shows!" posts that show up?

Most of those folks were too busy shitting themselves and/or drooling over a plastic rattle to have even been around when the industry fell apart. Reading wikipedia doesn't make you an expert on the industry.

[quote name='whoknows']
But I would agree that there are more mediocre games than good games on the 360.[/quote]

I would agree that you have absolutely no room to talk when you don't even own the system.

To begin with when has the first year of a console been stellar titles all around? Oh that's right, never. Launch might have one or two gems. After launch there is the usual 6-8 month drought and then games start rolling in steadily. Its not until the second generation of games that we start seeing a lot more AAA titles. This is typical with every system.

BTW 360 owners are lucky to be able to say that Gears of War comes out in the first year of the consoles existance. Which also means GOW is a first generation game. Since I played the multi-player part of the game already, I can tell you its going to be a hot title this holiday season.

I do think the 360's lineup is kinda weak, but that's to be expected with a system in its first year. It does, however, have some really good games on it right now and most importantly, it's got a ton of potential for this next year... I'm actually really optimistic about it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I would agree that you have absolutely no room to talk when you don't even own the system.[/QUOTE]
Maybe I would own the system if there were more games worth owning (that appeal to me) on it ;)

This isn't the thread for this though, so drop it.

[quote name='whoknows']Maybe I would own the system if there were more games worth owning (that appeal to me) on it ;)

This isn't the thread for this though, so drop it.[/quote]

No, we'll save that for the threads where you cry DMC is the greatest game ever and you spew your usual sony banter.

[quote name='Chacrana']I do think the 360's lineup is kinda weak, but that's to be expected with a system in its first year. It does, however, have some really good games on it right now and most importantly, it's got a ton of potential for this next year... I'm actually really optimistic about it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. After X06, DAMN. MS really brought the house down with their little game conference this year. Gears of War, Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero 2, Splinter Cell exclusivity, Halo 3, 2 more Halo games. It's hard not to be impressed with that line-up.

[quote name='mtxbass1']No, we'll save that for the threads where you cry DMC is the greatest game ever and you spew your usual sony banter.[/QUOTE]
Oh right...I forgot. On this site when you don't insult Sony in some way that's considered fanboyism.

Sorry, please accept my apology.

[quote name='whoknows']Oh right...I forgot. On this site when you don't insult Sony in some way that's considered fanboyism.

Sorry, please accept my apology.[/quote]

Accepted. :roll: ;)

It's not what you've said in this thread. It's your constant postings throughout your existance here that reak fanboy.

Call of Duty 2 and Dead Rising rule. Those are the two games that I need. That's it. Dead Rising was the title taht made me get the system.

Between Oblivion, GRAW, Call of Duty 2, Dead Rising, Project Gotham, and even Geometry Wars, the 360 has actually had a very good year for games.

Sure, the volume of games don't match that of the PS2, XBox, or so forth, but I'd put the 360's best titles up against any other consoles' that have been released in the past year or so. Does the 360 have a truly incredible line-up of blockbusters, no, not yet. That doesn't mean its current library isn't anything to laugh at though.

I can't wait to play the next wannabe Halo killer, Resistance: fall of man on PS3 when it launches OR spend the cost of $250 to play Legend of Zelda the twilight princess a GAMECUBE game for the Nintendo Wii. Man those are some great launch titles that show off the systems strengths. People must forget that a huge library of games not to mention a decent amount of decent games takes time. We now have the luxury of playing stellar PS2/Xbox and GC games because 5 years have passed.

I really don't understand the people who say that the 360s game lineup isn't very good right now. Honestly, what system has released more quality games since November? Let me run through the quality of the 360 library so far:

At launch Call of Duty 2 and Project Gotham 3 were awesome. They blew the PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox launch right out of the water and are incredible games in their own right. If you like platformers, Kameo was a very underated game, which looked great as well. It just wasn't going for a realistic style in the art. Condemened was another launch game that many people enjoyed. And heck it created a new genre, First person horror melee. A month later, end of Decemeber, DOA4 is a solid online fighter. How man solid online fighters can you find on another console? Might not be the best game ever, but it delivers an experience that is tough to find anywere else. Plus it upped the visual anty again, especially for those of us with HDTVs.

Then March roled around, in Oblivion 360 had the best RPG released hands down in the last year. Oh and its graphics blew any other console out of the water. And sure you can play it on PC, heck I played Daggerfall and Morrowind on PC, but most people just don't have the time or money to upgrade their computer every year to get the same visual quality for PC as you get on 360.
Also, GRAW comes out, visually stunning game, that also happens to be a solid single player and online 3rd Person shooter. Again the best in its genre released in the past year. Fight Night Round 3 came out as well in march and is a boxing game with an entirely different feel than any other boxing game on a console, b/c of the stunning graphics and the ability to actually use them to change and improve gameplay.

Then you have the summer, a period where normally all gaming releases slow down, but the 360 kept trickling out at least decent games. Prey, Chromehounds for the online, Tomb Raider (with improved visuals), Hitman again with better graphics. It was topped of in August when we get another huge game in Dead Rising. I hate overly gory games with graphic violence, and I even enjoy playing Dead Rising. The game is incredibly innovative, packs tons of characters on screen at a time, and is just plain fun to play. Its got a unique game structure and actually manages to bring back difficulty to videogames. Something that is sadly missing in most games today.

Oh and also in August you get a solid JRPG in Enchanted Arms. A ton of fun to play, and a superb turn based battle system. Saint's Row, which has gotten very solid reviews and is the best free form Crime game of the past year. Oh and they both look pretty good as well. And if you don't like the big games there is still the arcade. I don't think I have met or talked to anyone who has disliked Geometry Wars. Its old school addicting and challenging, and is insanely fun. You have great puzzle/action games in Outpost Kaloki X, Cloning Clyde, and Marble Blast Ultra. THen you have Wik, Uno, Mutant Storm, Smash TV and even Street Fighter II. With a lot more original, and interesting titles on the way for the arcade. Then throw in the hands down best online system for a console and don't forget achievement, the marketplace, and downloadable demos. And all the huge upcoming games to look forward to: Splinter Cell: DA and then 5 exclusive, GoW, DOAX2, Ninja Gaiden 2, Viva Pinata at least looks unique, Mass Effect, Lost Planet, Bioshock, Halo 3, Blue Dragon and Lost Oddessey just to name a few.

Wow this has gone on much longer than I meant it to, but basically I don't know how you can knowck the 360 lineup in its first year. It has delivered quite a few quality games in a short period of time. In fact, I would say more than PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox combined since Novemeber. Get a 360 and sit down with some of the titles I mentioned, spend sometime actually playing them and I think it would be hard for anyone to say the 360 game linup so far sucks. Its pretty solid, there are a few stinkers, but no console avoids those. And there is definitely no guarantee that the PS3 LAUNCH titles are going to be even better. Even the heralded Wii, which most everyone thinks looks intriguing, is not assured to have more fun, quality titles to play through the end of this year than the 360. Especially if you don't have a 360 yet. The 360 has weaknesses for sure, but for a console still short of a year, it has certainly delivered a lot of enjoyable games already and there are even more to look forward to.

Bleh, I'm going to have to disagree with the OP just a tad... you say you don't like Dead Rising, to tell you the truth I didn't like it that much either, but what a system can't have a game I don't like, it sold like hotcakes and a ton of people on this board seem to like it. I just realized I don't like RPG's playing Oblivion and GRAW moved to slowly... other than that almost every game I have played on the 360, to me, has been more enjoyable than any other console I have played. Some games are hyped up, yeah, but the 3rd party companies do a lot of that, and guess what? It's worked... more games coming to the 360 because of these "over-hyping" ad campaigns, so it works. Basically what I'm saying is, yes it is your opinion and you have your rights to it, but making a thread about it was not a good idea

For those of you posting that you aren't terribly happy with your 360 since you bought it, go ahead and PM me with a rock bottom amount of $ that you would be happy with instead.

Then what's wrong with the XBLA?

Seriously. You can play them in-between the really good games and they are just as fun--some even more fun then retail games!

I agree to an extent, but I do like the fact that there isn't a TON of "MUST HAVE GAMES" out for the 360. Take the DS for example. I have one. There are SO many games that are out AND coming out that are MUST HAVES. It's killing me. It's hard to find the time and money to get and play all these must have games..and as long as the 360 has the few that keep my interest, then that's good enough for me.

Plus even though a game may have recieve mediocre reviews, doesn't mean that YOU personally won't just love it! So if there aren't many GREAT games out--it gives you a chance to try some and see for yourself. (Unless you've played alot, and didn't like them. That's understandable.)

I simply couldn't afford more "must have" titles on the 360. I'm not sure who could. November alone is going set me back months on my budget. :)

Oh and for the record, when Devil May Cry 4 comes to 360, I still won't buy it.

I'm going to have to agree. If you don't have Live Gold and like console FPSes, the 360 doesn't have much to offer.

I've owned 6 360 games and wasn't exceptionally moved by any of them.

Kameo- Kinda pretty with great boss fights, but it still felt forced/repetative...
Full Auto- Fun for 3 hours, then it just turns into the same shit over and over.
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires- ZZZZZZ....
Ninty Nine Nights- " "
Dead Rising- Best game of the system, but it still does have some annoyances.
Enchanted Arms- Lack luster RPG. Pokemon with robots and shiny colors.

[quote name='Kayden']I'm going to have to agree. If you don't have Live Gold and like console FPSes, the 360 doesn't have much to offer.
[/QUOTE]

How much you want to sell it for?

going back to OP, i'd say most xbox 360 games are...

xbox 1.5; the games not completely next-gen. I mean, i really dont see the original Xbox not being able to pull off a slightly less-polished game like Dead Rising or Enchanted Arms. both of those are classic examples of what i'm seeing on the 360, and how it could be better.

[quote name='sandrokstar']going back to OP, i'd say most xbox 360 games are...

xbox 1.5; the games not completely next-gen. I mean, i really dont see the original Xbox not being able to pull off a slightly less-polished game like Dead Rising or Enchanted Arms. both of those are classic examples of what i'm seeing on the 360, and how it could be better.[/QUOTE]

Well if that's seriously how you feel about next-gen, you are in for one hell of a disappointment with the PS3.

(For the record, yes you could do dead rising on the xbox 1. But the rooms would be 1/3 the size, and you'd have a max of 6 - 7 zombies on the screen at once. Oh and no dynamic blood decals. Would it still even be the same game?)

To quote Booker T: "Don't hate the player, hate the game(s)."

It's taking time to make truly next-gen content. It's a big investment for publishers, and the Xbox 360 is just now getting an installed base to justify the time/effort/money. I believe the console has all the power necessary to make mind-blowing games (and already has with a few titles). Now, we just need the companies to develop them.

I'm not some Sony fanboy or anything I got the original xbox and 360 in the launch window but other than a few select titles (Oblivion, ghost recon) most of them are on the edge of terrible, such as Dead Rising and Saints Row, obviously this is just my opinon but if the state of games doesnt change these *great* titles have done nothing but set a decline for the industry.[/QUOTE]

I'm not touching this one.

[quote name='sandrokstar']going back to OP, i'd say most xbox 360 games are...

xbox 1.5; the games not completely next-gen. I mean, i really dont see the original Xbox not being able to pull off a slightly less-polished game like Dead Rising or Enchanted Arms. both of those are classic examples of what i'm seeing on the 360, and how it could be better.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see the XBOX that can do Gears of War. Can you show me? :D

[quote name='Morpheus']I'd love to see the XBOX that can do Gears of War. Can you show me? :D[/QUOTE]

I think he was saying if you turned the graphics way down, the Xbox could do it. Which is kind of a strange argument.

I stopped caring what you had to say when you said that Saints Row is a terrible game.

If you think Saints Row is terrible, then either you are ignorant or a troll.

[quote name='zewone']I stopped caring what you had to say when you said that Saints Row is a terrible game.

If you think Saints Row is terrible, then either you are ignorant or a troll.[/quote]

From the demo I was left with the impression it was just a GTA copy where you were a moderately good guy. The character customization was cool though.

This is the same thing that was said about the PS2, XBox, and Gamecube upon their respective releases for the first several months. Same for the DS and the PSP.

The question will be, a year from now, do you still feel that way (PSP runs and hides in the corner)?

Not that I would disagree with your comment, only most people should be willing to understand that the implied underlying meaning should be "next generation game libraries rarely meet the hype in the first several months"

[quote name='Kayden']From the demo I was left with the impression it was just a GTA copy where you were a moderately good guy. The character customization was cool though.[/QUOTE]
You might not have been banging on your Gamestop's window (maybe it's not your type of game), but it is far from terrible.

I'd agree that it's not blowing me away yet...but the system hasn't even been out a year. but there's enough quality games on the way to keep me interested.

xbox 1.5; the games not completely next-gen. I mean, i really dont see the original Xbox not being able to pull off a slightly less-polished game like Dead Rising or Enchanted Arms. both of those are classic examples of what i'm seeing on the 360, and how it could be better.

...but you could say that for just about any game.

you could make dead rising on the xbox with less zombies, less detailed textures, toned down models, less weapons, a smaller mall etc. but it wouldn't be as fun. You could also do a DMC game on the PS1 and with the same results.

bread's done
Back