Most Kinect games $10 off at Amazon

I wish they did buy one 50% off another again ... my check didn't come in the last time and now I'm reeling from black Friday. Went ahead and got your fitness but really want kinect sports...

[quote name='Retrospect Hero']I wish they did buy one 50% off another again ... my check didn't come in the last time and now I'm reeling from black Friday. Went ahead and got your fitness but really want kinect sports...[/QUOTE]

It's $5 more. $50 + $25 = $75 versus $40 + $40 = $80. So it's a little more, but still not a bad deal. Agreed, though. I would like to get Kinectimals, Dance Central, Dance Masters and Your Fitness. The extra $10 savings would be a boon. Well, really I'd like Kinect Sports too. Problem is I don't have a Kinect yet. :) Hoping to get one at Gamestop after trading in my "old" 360 once my shiny (actually NOT shiny) new one comes in. I haven't checked yet to see if they have any Kinects in stock, but everybody says the brick-and-mortar stores have them, so I hope so. I'm going to call them in a bit and see if they do. If they do I'm going to buy a couple of these games at amazon. Can't really justify buying all the ones I want anyway. Need to decide which I most want. Definitely Kinectimals for my kids. Then probably Dance Masters or Dance Central. I like DDR so I'm leaning toward Masters, but everybody loves DC, so....

My Kinect is supposed to be delivered today. Making sure that it works and everything, I'll probably sell the power adapter seeing as people on eBay are paying $40 or so and might buy Dance Central.

thanks op.

picked up your shape. thanksgiving is gluttonous.

i wonder how many of these launch titles will end up being absolutely crap. Or near-launch titles.

I emailed amazon my school info yesterday to get amazon prime (my school doesnt give out .edu emails.)and no reply back. I want to get kinect sports with amazon prime! come on amazon!

[quote name='thegreek']too bad, no kinects available.[/QUOTE]

I find it hilarious that so many people predicted the doom of Kinect and that it would not sell, and yet, there is not a controller to be found unless you want to pay for the overpriced items on eBay

[quote name='TurboPascal']I find it hilarious that so many people predicted the doom of Kinect and that it would not sell, and yet, there is not a controller to be found unless you want to pay for the overpriced items on eBay[/QUOTE]

people are haters.

they're still hating on the wii even though it sold more than anyone ever could have dreamt.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Why are you talking in BOLD[/QUOTE]
Its a habbit i guess, i do it on all forums. Makes my posts stand out.

And i got amazon prime finally!

\\:D/

[quote name='MXRider']Its a habbit i guess, i do it on all forums. Makes my posts stand out.

And i got amazon prime finally!

\\:D/[/QUOTE]

It certainly does make you stand out. But probably not in the way you want to.

You should do what teenage girls do and post in aLl mIxEd CaSe and dIfFerRenT CoLorZ

[quote name='confoosious']It certainly does make you stand out. But probably not in the way you want to.

You should do what teenage girls do and post in aLl mIxEd CaSe and dIfFerRenT CoLorZ[/QUOTE]
Lmao no thanks im fine with my bold.

[quote name='MXRider']Its a habbit i guess, i do it on all forums. Makes my posts stand out.[/QUOTE] (bold removed, of course)

It's also a great way to get yourself ignored/hidden on CAG by everyone. Other then that, great idea! ;^)

[quote name='crunchewy'](bold removed, of course)

It's also a great way to get yourself ignored/hidden on CAG by everyone. Other then that, great idea! ;^)[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you want to add MXRider to your ignore list?
[x] Yes

[quote name='TurboPascal']I find it hilarious that so many people predicted the doom of Kinect and that it would not sell, and yet, there is not a controller to be found unless you want to pay for the overpriced items on eBay[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say they're *impossible* to find. I went to a local Target at 9pm on Black Friday and there were 2 kinect sensors still sitting on a shelf...

[quote name='Ryuu555']I wouldn't say they're *impossible* to find. I went to a local Target at 9pm on Black Friday and there were 2 kinect sensors still sitting on a shelf...[/QUOTE]

My local Best Buy had 11 sensors on the shelves. That's where I got mine. I think the online prices are blown out of proportion.

What is a better game, Kinect Sports or Dance Central? I figure I'll sell my AC adapter since I have a Slim and get another game. I don't forsee KA lasting too long.

[quote name='KiySeph']My local Best Buy had 11 sensors on the shelves. That's where I got mine. I think the online prices are blown out of proportion.[/QUOTE]

I will check a different set of stores near work, but the Best Buy and Target and Walmart near home have absolutely nothing

[quote name='mr_bungle']What is a better game, Kinect Sports or Dance Central? I figure I'll sell my AC adapter since I have a Slim and get another game. I don't forsee KA lasting too long.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I have more fun with Dance Central in the longer run. Kinect Sports was great for showing off and getting my relatives involved during thanksgiving reunion. It was difficult to get them to join in on the Dance Central because they were too embarassed. Kinect Sports however did get them up and playing. IMO Kinect Sports is more of a party game and not much value if you don't have people to play with.

[quote name='mr_bungle']What is a better game, Kinect Sports or Dance Central? I figure I'll sell my AC adapter since I have a Slim and get another game. I don't forsee KA lasting too long.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I have more fun with Dance Central in the longer run. Kinect Sports was great for showing off and getting my relatives involved during thanksgiving reunion. It was difficult to get them to join in on the Dance Central because they were too embarassed. Kinect Sports however did get them up and playing. IMO Kinect Sports is more of a party game and not much value if you don't have people to play with.

[quote name='Mythran']Personally, I have more fun with Dance Central in the longer run. Kinect Sports was great for showing off and getting my relatives involved during thanksgiving reunion. It was difficult to get them to join in on the Dance Central because they were too embarassed. Kinect Sports however did get them up and playing. IMO Kinect Sports is more of a party game and not much value if you don't have people to play with.[/QUOTE]

that's spot on.

everyone will play ping pong or bowling. some people are too embarrassed to dance.

[quote name='thegreek']Any news when Kinect sensors will be back in stock on Amazon??[/QUOTE]

According Microsoft, not before Christmas, or at least that's what they claimed a short while back. That all stock has been shipped. I suppose of amazon could acquire some through other means, but otherwise it seems that chances are slim to none.

The scarcity of the Kinects seems to be about the same as the Wii Fit a couple years (last year?) ago. Hit or miss depending on geography but sold out online.

Whereas the wiis 3 years ago were sold out EVERYWHERE.

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']Are you sure you want to add MXRider to your ignore list?
[x] Yes[/QUOTE]

Ditto! He/she also needs to use capitals and punctuation. But, I will never know if he/she starts doing so. :)

Anyway, besides Dance Central, YourShape: Fitness is great if you want to work out. Kinectimals is pretty good too, provided you can stand the cuteness.

I really dont get what the big deal is about using a bold font. But whatever if you want to block me have fun.

[quote name='MXRider']I really dont get what the big deal is about using a bold font. But whatever if you want to block me have fun.[/QUOTE]

it's the cyber equivalent to buying a really big car.

FYI, Dance Masters has now been changed to $39.99 as well. I'm considering it. I wish we knew how long these prices will last. I'm hoping to have time tonight to trade in my old Elite (have a new slim coming today from amazon) plus wireless adapter plus memory unit plus a wii remote and perhaps misc. games, and use that credit to buy a Kinect, but I don't know if they have them in stock. I wish Gamestop's website still told us if stuff was in store. I'm phone phobic. :)

I'm now thinking about picking up Dance Masters and it's part of my Gold Box so an extra $2 off.

Because of some crazy mix up I now have TWO Dance Centrals and I'll have TWO Kinect Sports (I didn't realize the BK Kinect came with it.) Guess I'll have to return them both.

And as said before, Kinects being in stock seems to be a YMMV. They keep getting them in at the Wally World and Target closest to me (like 3-4 units) but they also keep getting sold constantly. (I saw like 3 being bought at 2am on BF @ WalMart.) And it's even more rare to find a Kinect bundle. The 4GB not so hard, but the 250GB is near impossible. My brother lucked out and found one.

[quote name='egonpax']I'm now thinking about picking up Dance Masters and it's part of my Gold Box so an extra $2 off.

Because of some crazy mix up I now have TWO Dance Centrals and I'll have TWO Kinect Sports (I didn't realize the BK Kinect came with it.) Guess I'll have to return them both.

And as said before, Kinects being in stock seems to be a YMMV. They keep getting them in at the Wally World and Target closest to me (like 3-4 units) but they also keep getting sold constantly. (I saw like 3 being bought at 2am on BF @ WalMart.) And it's even more rare to find a Kinect bundle. The 4GB not so hard, but the 250GB is near impossible. My brother lucked out and found one.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on winning a BK Kinect!!

Just noticed this yesterday as well. I'm wanting to pick up Dance Central and Kinect Sports, but I feel like a Buy 1, Get 1 50% will be back before Christmas on Kinect titles. Though I guess this deal is pretty close to that deal. I'd rather rent some of these games though, just to see how well they hold up in my (now smaller) living room. I'd hate to spend $40 to find out I don't even have enough space.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Congrats on winning a BK Kinect!![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Most people on CAG have a more "GRRRR" reaction. LOL.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Just noticed this yesterday as well. I'm wanting to pick up Dance Central and Kinect Sports, but I feel like a Buy 1, Get 1 50% will be back before Christmas on Kinect titles. Though I guess this deal is pretty close to that deal. I'd rather rent some of these games though, just to see how well they hold up in my (now smaller) living room. I'd hate to spend $40 to find out I don't even have enough space.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't wait even though I thought the same as you. My older bro picked up both DC and KS and we all really enjoy playing them. You'll need room to play KS (about as much as a Wii game) and if you're really into it more room for DC. I don't know if you have a Kinect yet, but remember that depending on the game and setup you'll need some 6-12 ft between you and the Kinect. My bro's TV is mounted above the fireplace and is probably a good 7 1/2 ft above the floor to the centerline of the TV and the Kinect sits on the mantle. While playing the games work fine, but getting around menus can be a little headache since naturally you want to point your arm where the TV is (like the Wii) but it's off because of the height of the TV... while in actuality your hand needs to be at regular TV level to move around the menu (in DC this isn't a problem because of the way you get around the menu in that game.) Wait, is there a way to tell the Kinect that the TV is that high off the floor?

I see kinect controllers in stores all the time. Walmart still had a pallet of them half full yesterday. Must be no one around here wants to get off the couch.

I recommend AGAINST buying Dance Masters. Not because it's a bad game; it's actually pretty good. Because it will drop very hard in a month or two.

[quote name='mkelehan']I recommend AGAINST buying Dance Masters. Not because it's a bad game; it's actually pretty good. Because it will drop very hard in a month or two.[/QUOTE]

Good call. Everyone will be recommending Dance Central to friends. Dance Masters is gonna be bargain bin soon enough. I'll pick it up at 10.

bread's done
Back