Most powerful moments in gaming

pop311

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
What specific moments, cut scenes, etc. were the most powerful. I mean, did any specific part of a game really touch you or make you cry or something of that sort?

For me, I must say that in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess,
when you have to take Midna, who is near-death, to see Zelda who gives her power to Midna, despite Midna's protesting. The music during that part was so... amazing. The fact that it was raining amplified the power of the moment.
I had never cried at anything related to movies, games, etc. but I felt so... moved, that I shed a tear or two.

What about you guys?

video of what I described above:

(mostly the beginning of the video is what I am talking about above)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbrpknkS944[/media]

[quote name='whoknows']MGS3 ending for sure[/quote]
QFT. Add the first MGS to that too - both endings.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=61Tjaiqh-fs[/MEDIA]

I don't want this to turn into another best ending thread. So with that I present this complication video of MGS3. This complication video I feel very strongly for, and it touches me every time I watch it.

The atmosphere in The Temple of Time in Wind Waker was amazing, one of my favorite parts of the game (along with the ending).

Life or Death and Please Let Me Live in Trauma Center.

Another really effective use of actual gameplay to create drama, but didn't really get me going: "Meryl, put the gun to your head and blow your pretty little brains out!"

no doubt...

Princess%20is%20in%20another%20castle.jpg

[quote name='Mattte']The atmosphere in The Temple of Time in Wind Waker was amazing, one of my favorite parts of the game (along with the ending).[/quote]Granted, it's been a few years since I played WW, but Temple of Time? I think you mean Hyrule Castle. If so, I agree completely. The throwback to the LttP Hyrule Castle music floored me since I believe it was the first time they reused the song.

Xenosaga 3.........wow,
when the seamingly dead KOS-MOS was just flying in dead space and everything seemed hopeful but completely hopeless it brought me right down. I would give anything to have the Xenosaga story continue after that moment

Xenosaga 3
When Voyager was taking KOS-MOS away and she came back. The music is also awesome at that point. Also when Shion realized that she summoned the Gnosis.

sooo many Xenosaga 1 scenes: KOS-MOS first awakening, scenes with Durandal (for example "little nudge"), uncloaking of that invisible ship, Wilhelm's ship firing on the Gnosis, fight in the warp corridor, and
KOS-MOS taking out/absorbing the huge swarm of gnosis.

Odin Sphere, too many to list.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Xenosaga 3
When Voyager was taking KOS-MOS away and she came back. The music is also awesome at that point. Also when Shion realized that she summoned the Gnosis.

sooo many Xenosaga 1 scenes: KOS-MOS first awakening, scenes with Durandal (for example "little nudge"), uncloaking of that invisible ship, Wilhelm's ship firing on the Gnosis, fight in the warp corridor, and
KOS-MOS taking out/absorbing the huge swarm of gnosis.

Odin Sphere, too many to list.[/quote]

How about in the First Xenosaga when KOS-MOS decides the percentages and shoots threw that guy to take down the Gnosis in the scene??

Or the granted FFX ending or in game when Tidus firgure out that Yuna was pretty much on a mission to die and he goes off the handle about it... great stuff

[quote name='Derrick1979']Or the granted FFX ending or in game when Tidus ...[/quote]

That was a great moment, but I'm thinking it might be a spolier for those who still haven't played FFX.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']That was a great moment, but I'm thinking it might be a spolier for those who still haven't played FFX.[/quote]

Sorry but after all this time since that game has been out if your going to get mad over a potential spoiler then deal with it.... I would understand if it was a recent release but that game is very old and if you have not played it yet thats the person's fault.. I have yet to complete MGS:3 SNake Eater in which the ending was posted in this thread so I decided not to watch it.. :D

BTW if you think about it this whole thread is a huge spoiler "

[quote name='A Happy Panda']
When the horsey died in Shadow of the Colossus :( That made me real sad.
[/QUOTE]

Umm he never died?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']?

Didn't Argo fall off the bridge?

It's been awhile.[/quote]

Yes,
but
at the end he's alive with the girl & the baby reborned 'hero.' :).

[quote name='A Happy Panda']?

Didn't Argo fall off the bridge?

It's been awhile.[/QUOTE]

Argo fell off, but at the end of the game he is seen coming back with a limp to wanders girl.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Granted, it's been a few years since I played WW, but Temple of Time? I think you mean Hyrule Castle. If so, I agree completely. The throwback to the LttP Hyrule Castle music floored me since I believe it was the first time they reused the song.[/quote]

Probably was, I was thinking it was either of the two. Whichever place you were in that was black and white.

[quote name='guynextshore']Yes,
but
at the end he's alive with the girl & the baby reborned 'hero.' :).
[/QUOTE]

Ohh right.

I now remember myself saying "Man, if Argo actually died, I would've been pissed!

in earthbound when...
ness seems to have died in the volcano part after beating the diamond dog, and then the music from the sound stone plays, and he's sucked into his subconscious and sees all his childhood memories lying around and being able to talk to them. oo and then when he goes into the sea of sorrows i think, the music was pretty sad, and he had to fight the krakens with the flying men....also when everdred died, didnt feel TOO bad, but still a downer..also at the end of the game when you're walking back with paula (or teleport if you dont wanna see everything changed) through all the towns and areas that were previously dangerous to walk in ,and everything is back to normal with the happy music.

ending to kingdom hearts 1 as well.
oo o! shadow hearts 2 ending ... indigo prophecy had some powerful scenes as well.

[/QUOTE]

Man, for serious. It's weird that a game with no dialog like that can make you that attached to a character.

Hmm... I wanna say Metroid Prime when you get to Phendrana Drifts. Not so much that it made me cry, because that'd be weird and stupid, but it was literally perfect. I had a "whoa" moment that I haven't gotten from more than a few other games.

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, for serious. It's weird that a game with no dialog like that can make you that attached to a character.[/QUOTE]

To me if felt like Argo was part of Wander.
When He fell and "died" I felt like part of wander died.
I was happy though to know he somehow survived that fall. . .

I actually thought of another.

When Foehammer dies at the end of Halo 1. That one actually caught me by surprise.

I was of course reminded by the 1up article I just read.

Thanks to everybody using spoiler tags... Can you guys also add the name of the games next to your spoiler tags? I keep taking my chances!

[/QUOTE]Definitely, that was a really strong moment for me.
Him coming back at the end made me feel better about the hero going away.

Watching Aerith die in FFVII. The ending of FFX. The ending of Chrono Trigger always made me sad.

KOTOR when you find out....well those that played it know what I'm talking about.

I think that a good one for me was the first time I saw
Crono get annhiliated by Lavos
in Chrono Trigger. I had known about it long before I actually played it, but when I actually witnessed it first-hand...dayum.

Another CT moment I liked (and feel free to correct me on this, because I may be wrong) is finding out that
Lavos pretty much made the planet into what it was, forcing evolution and guiding everything's way of life for Lavos' own benefit.

Also, finding out in PW: JFA that
in the last case, you have to defend someone who is actually guilty
. Somewhat expecting it, but still shocked to actually have it happen.

But a classic one is getting to turn into Super Sonic for the first time in Sonic 2, and Hyper Sonic in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

A huge whoa moment in Zone of Enders 2
The main protagonist getting a clip emptied into him shortly after the game starts then being left to choke on his own blood as he floats there in no gravity

Final Fantasy Tactics had a scene that made me a little teary. I don't know how to do the whole spoiler thing so I guess I can't go more specific than that.

Shadow of the Colossus -
Making the jump to the last Colossus and seeing Argo fall to what you think is his death. :whistle2:(
and
Seeing the Wanderer being sucked up by the vortex at the end to his death/rebirth and having control of his stuggle to get away from it. :whistle2:(

MGS3 -
The Sorrow's "level" putting you in a river that's filled with the souls of the enemies you've killed. I killed pretty much everybody I saw, so oit was a long level. :lol:
-
The whole The Boss boss fight and the ending cutscenes.

Zelda: TP -
When the little kid gets kidnapped by the Orcs and you have to set off on your horse get that kid back.

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Just seeing the cutscenes morph into in-game cinematics and being put directly into the fights made a great impact on my enjoyment of the game.

In the real Final Fantasy IV (not the GBA remake) when
Palom and Parom turn themselves into stone
. Man that was heart wrenching.

Thought of another one from a more recent game that I happen to be playing through again.

I'm talking about The Darkness, anyone who has played it should know what I'm talking about, but if not
Jenny :cry:

omg how can I forget this?!?!?!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O-hFZh6Od8[/media]

can u get more powerful than that???

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I think that a good one for me was the first time I saw
Crono get annhiliated by Lavos
in Chrono Trigger. I had known about it long before I actually played it, but when I actually witnessed it first-hand...dayum.

Another CT moment I liked (and feel free to correct me on this, because I may be wrong) is finding out that
Lavos pretty much made the planet into what it was, forcing evolution and guiding everything's way of life for Lavos' own benefit.
[/quote]

Thanks for reminding me why Chrono Trigger is still one of my favorite games. Related to what you said in CT,
at the start of the last battle when Frog declares humanity to be more than cattle

Also, in Starcraft
Tassadar's sacrifice

bread's done
Back