Mother's Day DVD/Blu-ray Combo, $14.99 Walmart in-store YMMV

georox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
130 (100%)
Was in Walmart tonight, found the remake of Mother's Day for $14.99 on bluray/dvd combo pack. Darren fucking Bousman, all I should need to say. If that isn't enough, it's a remake of a Troma film. Cheaper than the Amazon price when I last checked.

[quote name='georox']Was in Walmart tonight, found the remake of Mother's Day for $14.99 on bluray/dvd combo pack. Darren fucking Bousman, all I should need to say. If that isn't enough, it's a remake of a Troma film. Cheaper than the Amazon price when I last checked.[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to give us reasons not to buy the film?

Its about time this came out. I picked it up today. I would have to say its one of the best remakes Ive seen. As for DB I was a bit disappointed with devils carnival.

[quote name='capybara554321']Its about time this came out. I picked it up today. I would have to say its one of the best remakes Ive seen. As for DB I was a bit disappointed with devils carnival.[/QUOTE]

I loved The Devil's Carnival, thought it was more enjoyable than Repo, definitely had a cast I liked more.

Redboxed and finished this a few minutes ago. Absolutely amazing film in every way possible. Even the score was amazing and atypical for this type of movie/setting. 3 observations:

1. The MPAA is slipping if they gave this an R-rating.

2. Calling it a remake of the original rapefest & plastic-bra-suffocating hillbilly schlock is an insult to this movie. "Characters based on..." is the biggest nod it deserves.

3. No special features??? For shame. That goes double for being executive-produced by the Kaufmans.

[quote name='Kerig']Redboxed and finished this a few minutes ago. Absolutely amazing film in every way possible. Even the score was amazing and atypical for this type of movie/setting. 3 observations:

1. The MPAA is slipping if they gave this an R-rating.

2. Calling it a remake of the original rapefest & plastic-bra-suffocating hillbilly schlock is an insult to this movie. "Characters based on..." is the biggest nod it deserves.

3. No special features??? For shame. That goes double for being executive-produced by the Kaufmans.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it's at least better than 11-11-11. I had been avoiding it because other than a very few select movies, I can't appreciate anything Troma has done, even on a campy "so bad, it's good" level. Glad to hear it's not a remake. And as far as I'm concerned, James Wan was the real one with talent to come out of the Saw franchise. DLB just pissed me off with Repo and 11-11-11, they were so ridiculously bad.

bread's done
Back