Mother's Day

godhatesjustyou

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
It's right around the corner (May 8th), so what do you plan on getting your mom this year?

I'll probably do the generic flowers & a card gig, but if I see that someone has a really good idea, I'll probably steal it.

good grades and a smile, cause may 5th is when pariah, and forza come out, i wont afford it then garunteed

My mom's getting a knee replacement surgery for mother's day :cry:

I'll be...doing the cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry...and the side present of not being on their insurance to affect their deductible :lol:

You people make me sick. This woman has given count less hours to you in her life, she gives you all she has, she washes your skid marked drawers, she listens to you go on and on about things, even when she has no idea what the hell you're talking about. You can't miss buying a video game for a week? You gotta be kidding me.

You better do something big, and big doesn't mean lots of money.

Dinner is only special when you make it. Anyone can pick up a check. What you really need to think about is "What can I do for my Mom that would blow her mind so much that she will actually shake and cry with emotion?"

Do something. She only gets one day a year. YOU get the rest of them.

[quote name='JimmieMac']

You better do something big, and big doesn't mean lots of money.

Dinner is only special when you make it. [/QUOTE]

Exactly...we're having a mother's day celebration with the whole family and such (which is kinda rare for us) in which I will be making all the food. And though this could be disasterous because I'm cooking some dishes I've never made before it's going to at least be thoughtful.

Plus I'm making a nice scrapbook for her that chronicles the 4 years she spent helping me make it through college and being my mother even when we separated by a hundred miles or so.

OMG A woman?

I think we should all molest her and rape her... then beat the shit out of her. Then kill her.

There's no need for those foul being to exist.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Exactly...we're having a mother's day celebration with the whole family and such (which is kinda rare for us) in which I will be making all the food. And though this could be disasterous because I'm cooking some dishes I've never made before it's going to at least be thoughtful.

Plus I'm making a nice scrapbook for her that chronicles the 4 years she spent helping me make it through college and being my mother even when we separated by a hundred miles or so.[/QUOTE]

I think this is the problem. The kids don't feel the same way because they've never been away from home and seen how lost they are without their Moms.

For one day, try, just try and count the number of times you ask your Mom where something is, what's for dinner, when something is going to happen.

Then realize what it would be like if it was all gone.

The older you get the more you respect your Mom. The more you can talk to her about life. Jobs. Moves you should make. Moves you shouldn't make. She is a fountain of wisdom and you all need to focus on it now rather than later.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I think this is the problem. The kids don't feel the same way because they've never been away from home and seen how lost they are without their Moms.

For one day, try, just try and count the number of times you ask your Mom where something is, what's for dinner, when something is going to happen.

Then realize what it would be like if it was all gone.

The older you get the more you respect your Mom. The more you can talk to her about life. Jobs. Moves you should make. Moves you shouldn't make. She is a fountain of wisdom and you all need to focus on it now rather than later.[/QUOTE]

Very wise points made. :applause:

I am getting her the mother's ring that she has wanted for a LONG time. I even picked it out of her favorite line of jewlery...should be getting there next week so my sister can hide it and give it to her on mother's day.

Well put Jimmie.

My mom's a bit of a clean freak, so last year I blew $500 bones on one of those Dyson vacuums and she absolutely loved it! Everytime I visit she comments on how clean her carpet and how happy it makes her. I have no idea what to give her this year, but when it comes to Mother's Day you really have no excuse to low-ball gift-wise.

bread's done
Back